Am I in the wrong for not letting attacker know I am online?

• Yeah me and SunWarrior are cool, I made it worse by doing all of this. He is a really cool guy, just the timing on my part made me blow it up way too much. I hope I was good entertainment for everyone though. Interesting how everyone's perspectives on the defender being online and whether or not they should message is interesting thanks for everything guys.

But for real me and SunWarrior are cool. I learned some lessons on the posting here. All is good in the world again. Fly safe everyone.

• When an attacker pushes the “SEND FLEET” button, that person assumes all responsibility to check for activity and movement on the account....period. As the defender, you have every right to do what you wish. Message, not message...your choice. No wrong choice. Also, never played with some of these people in this thread before, but to me, they are not entitled to a message. If they say they are, then they’re being an entitled brat. They can threaten all they want, talk a big game all they want, but YOU as the defender have the advantage in those situations. If they don’t want to do their due diligence, that’s their fault.

Ignore them. They’re pretentious.

everyone is entitled to their own playstyle. I mean... I usually send a courtesy msg when i attack saying "if you are online, i will recall" ... When i know i cant get ninjad.... regular raiding... if player decides to move fleet and not tell me anything about it he is asking to get bashed. I could have recalled and him saved points...

:pleasantry::pleasantry::pleasantry:

• everyone is entitled to their own playstyle. I mean... I usually send a courtesy msg when i attack saying "if you are online, i will recall" ... When i know i cant get ninjad.... regular raiding... if player decides to move fleet and not tell me anything about it he is asking to get bashed. I could have recalled and him saved points...

Agreed on that point. Saving BOTH players points, absolutely. But @tonyjr3850 felt bullied and unsettled enough to post on here about it. He doesn’t just feel that way by being told, “Hey man! If you’re online, just let me know nd I’ll recall. Don’t want to waste either of our times!” See what I mean? If you’re going to be smug about it and puff your chest like you’re ‘a real man’ then get out of here with that lol. We all get humbled in Ogame eventually. THAT mindset is what I’m posting against.

• Usually ej wants to trade after a failed attempt. He’s not a total jerk he does work with the smaller fish if they can trade the space gas.

Depends really, new unis I won’t say anything because I’m not losing a ton. If I established myself depends on who’s attacking. If I don’t like them I won’t say anything.

• Sometimes a message doesn't accomplish anything, and the attack continues.

Sometimes a message can have some funny/unexpected results. Case in point, a couple of months ago I was playing (not in this community) and was building up a brand new planet. I got probed there by the rank 7 player, and just sent a slightly snarky message that said something like "Nothing to see up here! But if you're bored, feel free to send me moonshots!" A few minutes later, he sent a moonshot, and gave me a moon. We're not besties now, but every now and again we still chat, and he shows me the big hits he makes.

It really depends on the personalities of the people involved, but I think at least some people appreciate a heads' up that you're on so that they don't continue to waste their time on a hit that won't result in anything. It's not required, but when possible, it's not a bad idea if you want to send one.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• trade the space gas

I honestly have this weird image of people tooting in their space suit and sending it through ventilation as payment XD
    What it can mean to many by "space gas"

I actually did have a legit bully when I started out in Ogame. The name eludes me but I know the alliance was SPARTANS in Electra.org. I recall he would defense bash me for what I considered to be small. I would constantly tell him to stop and he kept at it. Sometimes, there are people who wish to see the world burn. They have no reason to lash out but because to them, it is a kick. That is why Ogaming with a crowd of socials makes the biggest difference as they can help you somehow. I know when I was playing Io before it merged with Pegasus, I gave out free Moonshots whenever I could.

• @SunWarriorKing oh I play :-)

I can see the argument from both sides.
    As an attacker yeah I’d love to just get a message so I can recall if necessary
    As a defender there are times I will do as this defender did. Move and sit and watch. Why waste an opportunity see how the attacker plays. Does he ACS? does he check all activity markers? Does he slow and probe? Etc. now if it’s the same attacker and it happens over and over I’ll message. But then again even when messages are sent and they I do my own checking and see the attacker is full timered. He won’t get the courtesy next time.

Just depends on skill level Id say.

• I always be a fleeter, when i came to USA server...i decide to dont have fleet...i became one miner ( the fun is not the same ) i already receive bullying, one top7 was attacking me and i didnt say anything...i saw his probes coming...i saw he launch the attack...i saw everything, i collect the debris from is probes in all of my planets...and even then he still attacking me...i take my things from the moon only 1 minute to the attack time...half hour latter...top 7 send me a message, something like this : if you dont tell me your are online next time i will launch IM and clean all your planets, i never report nobody since i start play around 2004 , but tells me one thing this incident , that top 7 knows to play ogame so good like my son ( my son doenst play ogame just in case ) :popcorn2: , so in this case the problem to have the fleet occupied more than 1 hour and half is him, because i clean the debris in 4 of 5 planets, i made activity every place i own , if him doens t see the things he are attacking, the mistake is all of him...and in the end he make pressure of me ??? Really ??? :popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2: Play OGAME is so good , why some players act like this ? Maybe this is one of the reasons for in 2004 we have 10 k of players in almost every servers in PT ...and today ...we have servers with only 400 players ( and more than half are multi accounts )...big guns from ogame ( i was one before ) think before do anything...sometimes because not more than 10 M of profit. That is just a tought from a noob, maybe someday i learn how to play ogame :popcorn2::popcorn2::popcorn2:

The years goes by , i am getting older but the good taste to the game is the same.

Veteran from Portugal in ogame taking first steps in USA

• I never really cared either way, as long as they weren't rude if they decided to pm. A sarcastic "maybe next time" or "nice try" can definitley engender a good bashing party. I don't think I have ever been even slightly annoyed at someone not pming me, most of the time i prefer to NOT get annoying messages from my food. Don't see why someone would be a dick about it. If your mad at wasting time on the hit maybe check the act like a non-crap player, yeah? Just a thought.

X0YyR8S.jpg

Thanks Disaster for the siggy

]

• So overall I will be messaging something nice when I am if being attacked to prevent being a future target out of anger or because of saying something the wrong way.

"Sorry, buddy just got on and saw the attack. Just letting you know so you don't have to waste that extra time or a fleet spot for a quick probe"

something along those lines will be used. But regardless you guys are an awesome group of people proud to be a part of this community. Good luck everyone and fly safe!

• So overall I will be messaging something nice when I am if being attacked to prevent being a future target out of anger or because of saying something the wrong way.

"Sorry, buddy just got on and saw the attack. Just letting you know so you don't have to waste that extra time or a fleet spot for a quick probe"

something along those lines will be used. But regardless you guys are an awesome group of people proud to be a part of this community. Good luck everyone and fly safe!

I like the part to say sorry because the attack goes wrong :popcorn2:

The years goes by , i am getting older but the good taste to the game is the same.

Veteran from Portugal in ogame taking first steps in USA

• depends... if i was in your shoes, Tony, i'd do the same as it was just short time to do fs and disappear.
    normally i do message if the player attacks towards my planet to save my sats,
    moon? well, not really as i can just move my fleet and have no dmg at all, and also finding out their wsa tech w/o probing, if i failed to shoot down the probes in the 1st place.

i try not to give any records of being online as they need to make their own notes on targets, not the other way.
    and.. mostly, being lazy aka being normal me after work.

sending a message just means you are a nice person and that's how i look at things.
    just say random things like "duet for sale 3-2-1, not for shop-lifting", or "sorry, but you are not my type" etc
    it's always fun to write some cheerful jokes around.

oh.. and if someone is being a jerk and threats to bash, then i just do the same to that guy.
    unlimited ipm+sat bash if it's a turtle(as grinding only destroys 30% as 70% chance of being rebuilt) or let them hit me couple times and just ninja the entire fleet.

• I honestly have this weird image of people tooting in their space suit and sending it through ventilation as payment XD
    What it can mean to many by "space gas"

I had almost the same image!! lol!!! :lol:

Also, just wanted to say how refreshing it is to see this all talked out and resolved. Good to see bystanders giving their opinions on the situation and give the OP options on how he wants to proceed. Hats off to everyone and have a great weekend!!

Harddriver

• @DELTA old games like ocrack needs some greenies.

don't scare them, make them fat, and do sustainable farming.
    or go vegan and farm inactives.

i see couple of farms have gone blue and they never came back :(

ogame-sig.png