Six Month Settings Change

• I support all the proposed changes. However, if leaving DF at 50% and fuel cost at 100% is the trade-off to come to a consensus on the eco and research increase, then I am willing to give both those up. 50% DF is already very fleeter friendly. Fleeters make up the minority of most servers, ours included. DF and fuel only help fleeters. The rest of the changes help everyone.

I agree 100% eco and research first and I'm fine with 50% debris - I hope we can get a little traction on lowering deut costs SLIGHTLY.. 85 or 90% maybe instead of 100% - that helps miners as well because it's less of a deut loss sending cargoes back and forth :D so all fleets win there and lastly a change in debris maybe but I don't care as much about debris - I care more about lowering deut just a tad.

"No human can beat a computer" :borg:

terminator_10.jpg

Retired in Merkur - Miner- top 70
    Basic 20%'s = 5, Advanced 20% = none, Super advanced 20% = none

Retired in Japetus - Miner top 60
    Basic 20%= 17 (Solo:16 / ACS:1)
    Advanced 20%= None
    Super advanced 20%=None

Retired from Eridanus (top 50)

Retired from Virgo in top (50)

Retired from Aquarius

Retired from Ursa

Retired from Bellatrix (Top 50)

and many more!

Currently active in: Zenith (top 15) :thumbsup:

Basic 20%=
    Advanced 20%=
    Super advanced 20%= None

• I support all the proposed changes. However, if leaving DF at 50% and fuel cost at 100% is the trade-off to come to a consensus on the eco and research increase, then I am willing to give both those up. 50% DF is already very fleeter friendly. Fleeters make up the minority of most servers, ours included. DF and fuel only help fleeters. The rest of the changes help everyone.

I appreciate seeing friendly discourse about these proposed settings changes.

Mylops has done a great job backing the changes as listed, including the ones you are against.

Id also like a turn to share my thoughts on why the numbers settled where they are.

DF increase is obviously good for fleeters, who take advantage of the fleet to DF aspect of the game. That cant be hidden or disguised by any amount of words. My hope is that with higher DF ratio it may bring life to smaller fleeting accounts, as well as more profits for the active players. I can see why that wouldnt be something you want outright, but maybe we can agree on even a slight increase to 60%?

Fuel decrease. Well again one can make the point that this benefits fleeters only, but anyone who has done large scale trades knows that cargo movements get expensive and even sending out regular expeditions, or even pirate raiding expeditions can add up to a decent deut usage. With no reduction to exponentially increasing research and lifeform costs, a reduced fuel cost for all fleet sizes would be boon to all of us.

Eco increase is the real gem that we all want a piece of. The increased eco will improve mine and expo yields and that is useful for everyone across the board. All players, fleeter or not, will benefit from higher yields in this way. Lower ranked players will have a higher constant stream of res to their accounts so that they can climb the ladder that is currently filled with inactive accounts. It can also be a solid counter to the active fleeters in the uni. Realistically the fleeters in this uni are way outnumbered by the players who arent playing in that way, so if the players who arent hunting start advancing at a faster pace they can be better prepared to defend themselves, or worst case scenario, rebuild.

Overall I think that the proposed settings changes are balanced and evenly effect everyone in the uni in a beneficial way. Having a slightly higher yield from all aspects of the game in this uni, I believe, is the best way to bring more activity to this uni.

As mylops previously stated however, we can always come to a compromise, but I really would hate for this to become a 1-sided settings change here only one group is truly happy with the outcome. Lets all work together and compromise, because at the end of the day, we all seem to want a better environment, and the only way to make this change happen is to come to an agreement.

U6.org Retiree.
    Noobin around in a universe near you...

• in the end, there will be a poll anyways, 80% of the players need to vote yes for the setting to pass. the biggest thing that everyone needs to vote for is x8 economy and x12 research speed. the rest can be left to the polls.

noobin around in a universe near you

• in the end, there will be a poll anyways, 80% of the players need to vote yes for the setting to pass. the biggest thing that everyone needs to vote for is x8 economy and x12 research speed. the rest can be left to the polls.

I agree! Also well said Buster!

terminator_10.jpg

Advanced 20%= None
    Super advanced 20%=None

Retired from Aquarius

Retired from Ursa

and many more!

Basic 20%=
    Advanced 20%=
    Super advanced 20%= None

• I am definitely still in agreement with the eco settings and even the deut/DF settings to an extent. I think one thing that we're all trying to do is preserve what level of participation we have, and grow it back some (most likely inactives/v-mode coming back to play). Whatever agreement we can get overall will definitely help the community as a whole.

• Increasing deuterium would be ok with me.

haha INCREASE or decrease? :D

terminator_10.jpg

Advanced 20%= None
    Super advanced 20%=None

Retired from Aquarius

Retired from Ursa

and many more!

Basic 20%=
    Advanced 20%=
    Super advanced 20%= None

• normally the server setting is authorized when there is a merge . (post merger) to seek a balance between the merged inuverses. A setting just because (dead universe) I've never seen. Waiting patiently for good CoMa's decision fingers crossed :)

Good Game everyone:rocket:

Mentor

• Yay! Preciate it Bizzle

terminator_10.jpg

Advanced 20%= None
    Super advanced 20%=None