Six Month Settings Change

• Raven  Bizzle

We have waited patiently for 6 months and a day for the opportunity to raise some of the settings in place here in Zenith.us. Members of the FEW alliance have sent out messages to all currently active players of the universe, vacation mode or not. Unfortunately the activity in the universe is at an all time low. I've heard the metric of 80% participation, but how is that calculated? Does it include only non-vacation, non-inactive players? Either way, the settings many of us have agreed on are as follows:

Peaceful: x 3 (no change)

Hold: x 2 (no change)

War: x 2 (no change)

Economy: x 8 (increase)

Research: x 12 (increase)

70% to DF (increase)

70% Deut (decrease)

Please share any information regarding the next steps for a setting change and/or what we can do to help facilitate the change.

Also anyone who agrees with these settings please show your support my dropping a comments down below or like this post.

Lets see some numbers here!!!

328260.jpg

U6.org Retiree.
    Noobin around in a universe near you...

Edited 2 times, last by sychronix ().

• YES! I'll start off I agree with all changes - only thing I wanna encourage fleeting activity by lowering deut costs not dramatically but slightly, from 100% to 70% maybe. even 50% is cool :D what yall think?

"No human can beat a computer" :borg:

terminator_10.jpg

Retired in Merkur - Miner- top 70
    Basic 20%'s = 5, Advanced 20% = none, Super advanced 20% = none

Retired in Japetus - Miner top 60
    Basic 20%= 17 (Solo:16 / ACS:1)
    Advanced 20%= None
    Super advanced 20%=None

Retired from Eridanus (top 50)

Retired from Virgo in top (50)

Retired from Aquarius

Retired from Ursa

Retired from Bellatrix (Top 50)

and many more!

Currently active in: Zenith (top 15) :thumbsup:

Basic 20%=
    Advanced 20%=
    Super advanced 20%= None

• I agree with sychronix, we need these changes for better growth. It is sad to see players going into vmode each day knowing that some of them may not return. These changes will make Zenith worth the long-term investment.

WE NEED THIS!

• YES ! OGame team, please keep this 1st Lifeform Uni alive. I have been playing since day 1. Zenith has a lot of talented players, just look at our CR section! However, the numbers have been dropping drastically and our demise is inevitable. The proposed settings change is vital and will bring some life back to our Uni. We need a mood booster to keep people playing, potentially attract new ones AND be ready for an eventual merge.

• I agree with these proposed changes! I’d hate to see the first lifeforms uni die and these types of changes are what can keep it alive for sure! At least until a merge. As stated, the members of FEW have already started working to bring awareness to every non-inactive player in the universe about our need for everyone to lend a hand in the vote. So we’d love the chance to vote for settings changes. Thanks!

• YES! I'll start off I agree with all changes - only thing I wanna encourage fleeting activity by lowering deut costs not dramatically but slightly, from 100% to 70% maybe. even 50% is cool :D what yall think?

added 70% deut in there for ya, i forgot that one!!

U6.org Retiree.
    Noobin around in a universe near you...

• I would say I'd be in agreement on all of these recommendations, with possibly the exception of "70% to DF".

Yes, this would reduce our ship counts needed for a moonshot, but also would give a slight advantage to those more experienced fleeters as their profits would potentially be higher. I'm not completely against the idea, just not completely sold on it at this point.

Other than this, has "probe storage = on" been a consideration? I know it's not a huge difference one way or the other (probe storage is 1, or 3 base value? Been forever since I played in a uni with this.. :pillepalle:) but could possibly allow a rapid movement of resources in what I would consider an 'emergency' situation (like when I forget to leave adequate deut on a moon for a fleetsave ;))

• Peaceful: x 3 (no change)

Hold: x 2 (no change)

War: x 2 (no change)

Economy: x 8 (increase)

Research: x 12 (increase)

70% to DF (increase)

70% Deut (decrease)

I agree with this suggestion... I hope they will hear us and make changes!

• I will agree with Blanco probe storage being turned on would make things more interesting as well I'd like that actually.

terminator_10.jpg

Advanced 20%= None
    Super advanced 20%=None

Retired from Aquarius

Retired from Ursa

and many more!

Basic 20%=
    Advanced 20%=
    Super advanced 20%= None

• I didn't play that many servers. Three American servers, one German server, one French server. Each of them had a higher economy than Zenith servers.

Rural servers such as Zenith, which has a low economy, certainly have advantages. Everything is slow and takes much time.
    But I think the time is coming that needs a quick advantage like the city.

I think the speed of the fleet is maintained and the direction of the economy is going up to make this rural villages more enjoyable.

Sincerely A3

• lol our deut cost is 100% - I just wanna lower it slightly not too much I wanna encourage some action on the fleeting side of things as well and a lil less deut will help that. a little less deut and a little more debris will encourage more fleeting action. That's exactly what we want.

terminator_10.jpg

Advanced 20%= None
    Super advanced 20%=None

Retired from Aquarius

Retired from Ursa

and many more!

Basic 20%=
    Advanced 20%=
    Super advanced 20%= None

• The further you increase the DF ratio, the further you'll lean the server towards fleeters which is not necessarily the good idea. The issue right now is the fleeters are effectively starving themselves out by running out of targets to attack which is only going to get worse as more people go into V-mode from not being able to advance anymore. Not to mention, a fleeter will more often than not increase the gap between themselves and the target every time they attack them... Right now what's more important is that people close that gap and get a more equal playing field.

I'm very much against the DF% settings. They should stay at 50%. and if anything... the fleeters have been TOO active on a balanced server which probably made people just rage quit quite a bit.

• The further you increase the DF ratio, the further you'll lean the server towards fleeters which is not necessarily the good idea. The issue right now is the fleeters are effectively starving themselves out by running out of targets to attack which is only going to get worse as more people go into V-mode from not being able to advance anymore. Not to mention, a fleeter will more often than not increase the gap between themselves and the target every time they attack them... Right now what's more important is that people close that gap and get a more equal playing field.

I'm very much against the DF% settings. They should stay at 50%. and if anything... the fleeters have been TOO active on a balanced server which probably made people just rage quit quite a bit.

fleeters been too active? There are like 5 of us that have a real fleet. Also fleeters too active? or people forgot how to fleetsave? :D there's a difference. Also to be fair you have a good point - increase eco and research more - need to keep the uni balanced - I agree- don't want a big df change maybe I can suggest 50% to 60% (split the difference) hopefully I can get good votes on that - just something to breathe a little life into anyone wanting to fleet again. BECAUSE there are so few targets the only only stuff left to hit are very small hits - so a tiny df increase would up profit for smaller hits which seem to be the new thing now. Ya see?

terminator_10.jpg

Advanced 20%= None
    Super advanced 20%=None

Retired from Aquarius

Retired from Ursa

and many more!

Basic 20%=
    Advanced 20%=
    Super advanced 20%= None

• The thing is, you're not taking into account the increase in overall value of those "small hits" from eco, by doubling the eco, you're in a sense heavily increasing the stuff that you'd get from expos & passive income which would more or less double the value of those hits. going from x3 to x8 is already a large increase. it means 1.6x more ships and resources from expos (which is a huge source of income for a lot of players.) By getting more resources that means the hits are more valuable. adding another 20% increase to that due to DF increase is a bit much, if you ask me. especially with people as you say "forgetting how to fleetsave".

• The thing is, you're not taking into account the increase in overall value of those "small hits" from eco, by doubling the eco, you're in a sense heavily increasing the stuff that you'd get from expos & passive income which would more or less double the value of those hits. going from x3 to x8 is already a large increase. it means 1.6x more ships and resources from expos (which is a huge source of income for a lot of players.) By getting more resources that means the hits are more valuable. adding another 20% increase to that due to DF increase is a bit much, if you ask me. especially with people as you say "forgetting how to fleetsave".

true true I might be underestimating how much hits will increase in profitability when the eco gets increased. and expo returns. Good point. I wouldn't mind if we stayed at 50% but at least lowered deut from full 100% to maybe 80 or 90 idk how does that sound? same debris - lowered fuel slightly to 85 for 90? We will have more deut available from increased eco and whoever is fleeting gets a small boost from a slightly lowered deut cost. idk suggestions.

terminator_10.jpg

Advanced 20%= None
    Super advanced 20%=None

Retired from Aquarius

Retired from Ursa

and many more!

Basic 20%=
    Advanced 20%=
    Super advanced 20%= None

• I support all the proposed changes. However, if leaving DF at 50% and fuel cost at 100% is the trade-off to come to a consensus on the eco and research increase, then I am willing to give both those up. 50% DF is already very fleeter friendly. Fleeters make up the minority of most servers, ours included. DF and fuel only help fleeters. The rest of the changes help everyone.