Version 7.5 - Feedback thread

• Hello commanders!

The version 7.5 is comming to the PTS as announced here.

Please use this thread for all the feedback related to this version.

Thank you!

โ€œSo do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.โ€

• Since crawlers looks more favorable now and most of us are on Discovery class can we please get a free move to a different class? I was perfectly fine with the discovery class perks till now.

• Discoverer class

- 50% lowered chance of meeting pirates or aliens on expedition.

Wtf ??? What isn't fair at all.

Why you should do such a huge mistake? Almost all players in the servers play with that class, and now you will gonna make them quit because of that Removed

R. I. P OGAME

Notice for swearing- Andvari300

Edited once, last by Andvari300 ().

• Those who have chosen the explorer class have built up fleets for explorers.

What should we do with these fleets if we can no longer fly an Expo?

The accounts are ruined :cursing:

• as a top fleeter i just have to say even i knew for some time for this nerf
    inever realy cared,for last 8 months this game became pve
    but pve 1d,dead servers,dead game.bugged events
    p2w more then ever,only because covid 19 a lot players kept playing
    and a lot old players returned,after covid
    at least from me its gonna be bye bye
    cheers gameforge :goodn:

no fs no fleet :rocket:
    #trump2020

• 1. I also believe that a rebalance of classes should come with a free class swap token for all players.

2. What are the exact Metal production bonuses for slots 6-10?

3. How many "additional crawlers" can Collectors w/ Geologist have?

4. Will Collectors and Generals finally have their expeditions factor in the Eco factor of the server?

Edited once, last by CasualSAB: Added question 4 ().

• my biggest question is what will replaced the -50% CR probability. What happens take the place of the 4%?

As long as it didn't up BH % then discoverer is still the OP class. This is a good balance even if it hurts my personal account. So discoverers will make 5B a day instead of 10B. You still vastly out perform any general or collector class. Even if you only hit res for a day, the res haul of some of the larger fleets is > a planets daily production.

Everyone knew the discoverer class was going to get a nerf. As soon as the exploit was discovered everyone flocked to it and everyone knew the risk of a nerf. You don't get to complain for months about how unbalanced/broken the game is and then curse to high heavens when a balance is actually released.

bBvXPlH.jpg
    ~Thanks for the siggy Silverwind!~

Edited once, last by Shadyj09 ().

• my biggest question is what will replaced the -50% CR probability. What happens take the place of the 4%?

As long as it didn't up BH % then discoverer is still the OP class. This is a good balance even if it hurts my personal account. So discoverers will make 5B a day instead of 10B. You still vastly out perform any general or collector class. Even if you only hit res for a day, the res haul of some of the larger fleets is > a planets daily production.

Everyone knew the discoverer class was going to get a nerf. As soon as the exploit was discovered everyone flocked to it and everyone knew the risk of a nerf. You don't get to complain for months about how unbalanced/broken the game is and then curse to high heavens when a balance is actually released.

ahaha,what are u talking about?? at beging it was beta test,and u could always change your class
    not cry about how some class is op
    second thing,ofc nerf is ok but not 50% instant nerf
    even without this nerf there was days with 2-3 fights in more then 100 expeditions
    now with nerf u can get actually 1 fight in 100 expo
    that is sick ahha
    they basically made class useless now,even they cut dm
    because they are so much greedy,and dont know what they expect from dying game
    yeah ppl will spend even more money now :lol:
    gl with that

no fs no fleet :rocket:
    #trump2020

Tiamat is actually spot on here. You aren't getting 1/2 the profit, this will make it so "Pirate/Alien hunting" is actually a loss. Anything from -10% to -50% every 450 missions. However, if you wish to still run big expo's Shadyj09 , I wont talk you out of it ;)

• Tiamat is actually spot on here. You aren't getting 1/2 the profit, this will make it so "Pirate/Alien hunting" is actually a loss. Anything from -10% to -50% every 450 missions. However, if you wish to still run big expo's Shadyj09 , I wont talk you out of it ;)

im not an expert but if you have more chances of running into a black-hole than pirates or aliens i dont think its worth sending big fleet on expeditions now

• Chance of alien/pirate is still higher than BH.

Guess we will just see how it plays out. Obviously there is now a deut cap to discoverer. I stand by saying it is still the OP class. I do agree with a big change like this a free class change should be given for those who already spent money changing to a now nerfed class.

bBvXPlH.jpg
    ~Thanks for the siggy Silverwind!~

• im sure malicious has the calcs ready

hehe

here are the effective chances you will see after this change. Volke is right, Its not as simple as a flat reduction in profit. 5% CR, means you are sending alot more expeditions to get an EDF. That means high-fuel fleets like the BS fleets that are getting players REALLY high will just not be remotely viable now. You effectively see half the EDF AND take 2x the fuel cost. As a fleet scales, the cost/profit ratio will become negative.

I have some more numbers to crunch. Expeditions won't be profitless, but you might (likely will) not be able to sustain enough Deut via trading anymore to fly a fleet that can scale. This will bring us back to the old school expedition styles, of sending a capped amount of ships for a capped profit potential. EVEN with that being the case (which isn't actually bad, despite some of yall who built nothing but LF because ur short sighted) Expeditions will still yield MUCH more than any other class with little to no real risk in comparison.

While this LOOKS like a buff to collector.. in the scheme of things, its really only effective as a nerf to Disco. Collectors will still NEVER be able to touch the profits a fleeter can get by farming an entire uni, or a disco can get just by FINDING 20-100M res 30% of the time they fly... In addition to that, the collectors added scaling comes at a COST... more energy, which means more investment in sats or other infrastructure that produces less.. which means longer amortization and a bigger target on their back. More Crawlers, More Sats, NO WAY TO PROTECT THEM...

Its not a collector buff... its a General buff, because anyone with a fleet is going to have alot more idiots to farm regularly as clowns try to turtle over their thousands of sats every single day. Glad I live in DiDF.

P.S. Love that I can find even fewer items now GF, I have an idea, why don't you just let me opt out of your worthless game breaking updates if I give you like 5$ a month. I'd rather pay than continue to be subject to your lack of customer focus. Maybe start an old school server that players have to pay to play, where we can enjoy the game how it used to be, without all your P2W content forced on us.

Initial estimates Volke :

The challenge will come In maintaining fuel for the dry spells.

XOs7XMZ.png

Edited 2 times, last by Malicious ().

• I want to clarify these are all rough numbers..

But in a uni where fuel cost is reduced, expeditions should still be viable. For 100% DEUT uni's I believe it will be unsustainable to fuel expeditions via trading (no more scaling). Based on OBERON data, I should see about 50% of my current expeditions profit, have to be spend on deut. So I will still be able to fly and scale my growth with fleet, but it will flatten the curve ALOT, especially if i'm not disciplined enough to maintain enough of a DEUT pool to push through dry spells.

This also increases my risk as I'll have to maintain tens or hundreds of billions of Deut at any given time, making hunting that much juicier. Moon party anyone?

XOs7XMZ.png

• awesome alrdy on point :P ye i 'd say investing more towards mines and stuff instead pure "0 brains" lf spam... :) and ye it'll cost alot.. Also that scheme like 8bh in out 7k expo.. well introduce me to that lucker.. i know few, still chaning sys swapping stuf, and yet i have alrdy been over 6bh in 2,5k total expo.. its like each 400tish expos 1 bh minimum, and recovery each stage costs and lasts forever.. so i can see only mainly instead of roguhly "100" DF invests from pirate/aliens into lf/cargo base, myb lowering it probably arround 50% - 50% into mines - fleet scale.. or smth simmular not sure, still its luck game, sometimes a 1% can give u "10" fights if ur lucky, and sometimes 15% doenst give you 1-2 fights ( its all luck game , numbers are random ) ... tahts all. Only thing for sure is , higher df and etc investment towards mines especially since somewhere merchant is back , or either still fleet scale cause of merchant availiblity in some unis.. so deut wont be problem, until some late stage of milions and bilions of lf's .) thats what i see for now

d96ytb1-4ce1f030-fb67-4b67-8c71-5a208b50ceee.png

** Straw Hat Pirates **

-- Always SmiLeย ย --

• When they do this GF needs to reinstate Resource Market Trader..almost impossible to find enough deut as it is and at least you can Merchant excess metal etc...Sad day again for Ogame players..

• While I agree that disco had to be nerfed + collector/general buffed, a 50% decrease in expi combats is massive. I think BH is something like 1/476 runs, which took ~16-17 or so combats to make up. That's before deut cost though, with that it's closer to 24 combats needed. Cutting combats in half will bring it from ~48 combats to ~24 per BH, so around breaking even. Although, if you're a smaller discoverer, resource finds and boosters could bring you a lot closer to that 16-17 number rather than 24, allowing small (which is kinda relative) expis for combats to still be profitable, albeit with a much narrower margin. Fuel numbers coming from working with a 50% fuel uni btw, just estimating right now.

With collectors, I think the issue has always been scalability, compared to discoverers. The only real limit on disco would be the point where 24/7 production of whatever you use on expi on all planets doesn't make up BH's in time (i.e. can't rebuild ships fast enough to maintain fleet and expi combat growth). While collectors with crawlers are technically scalable for a very long time period, the amortization is so atrocious that it still seems really underpowered. I'm not sure what numbers would be best, but why not hugely reduce mine and crawler energy costs for only collectors instead? I feel like that'd help with the sat and infrastructure issues that Malicious discussed and make the class more balanced.

I like the general changes, just harder to assess the value of that class imo (and compare it to the other two) because its usefulness hinges heavily on how active one's uni is.

I also think that this whole update would feel scammy if everyone wasn't offered the option to swap classes for free. I personally will stick with discoverer, but can imagine a lot of people would like to change, or at least have the option to for free. I appreciate that GF is at least attempting to balance things out instead of forcing another P2W change alone onto everyone, but if we could NOT have a P2W element attached to this one too, that'd be great...

Even after further attempts, our fleet has not been successful. We should sleep on it for a night and try again in the morning.