Version 7.4 - Feedback thread

• Hello!

Please share all your thoughts about the version 7.4 with us.

This version will be add to all the live rounds today.

You can find more info about it here.

I'm aware that this version might not be very well accepted, but even if your feedback is negative keep in mind to give it in a most possible polite way. I'd rather have this thread open for all your opinions than closed due to some board rules disrespect.

Thank you guys!

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

• The update itself is very much "meh nothing interesting".

To be honest.. the worse thing about it is that it still does nothing to address the big issues. The utter imbalance of the Disco Expo fights (something they've had the better part of a year to address and it only gets worse for every day longer they take), the constant log outs, the market place abuse and the V7 stats bug regarding fleets which takes away almost any "security" from most fleetsaves (not considering MD's of course..) which was reported to the .fr QAs back in July. Not to mention the disgustingly long time it took them to address the event issues most communities had (though thank you Prongs for the effort in crediting what was lost).

It feels very much like yet another giant double middle finger to the community and long term players / payers "we no longer care about having a balanced, bug free game as long as people spend stupid amounts of money on this imbalance we caused, so here's another update.. not to fix any issues you have, but to give you even more ways to waste your money on the game we now call Expovill".

I have absolutely no intention of ever using this new "feature", just like this year has convinced me that Gameforge no longer deserves any money spent on the game, not even on the 50% events which I restricted myself to before. I'm sure that I'm not alone in this as well.

Ghost of Ogame Past

• Thanks!

I can assure that all the complains about bugs and lack of class balance have been forward, just like the issues with the events were since the beginning. And I will keep doing it and if needed crediting lost stuff until a fix will come. But to help you and need you to help us (the team) and share your thoughts. Even if you're already on the "I give up" phase, I'd appreciate that help.

There's no much that I can tell for now about class balance, but rest assure that is in the line and you'll hear something about it.

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

• Compared to the current DM prices, does this change cause a general increase in the total DM needed to burn through the early game? From a quick read it seems like that is at least one of the goals.

Generally I'm for a system that is more difficult to abuse with some DM. Most of us do not have the money (or don't want to spend it, given the game's direction) to keep pace with some of the DM-centric strategies.

• my planet sequence is messed up and sequence of emergence with down doesn't seem to stick, but flips back after I hit any button

Try doing it twice. Click it once, hit "save settings" then go right back to that setting and click it again.

I have had to do this with multiple check-boxes.

As for the update, meh, more ways for players to abuse DM never shocks me, which is why I barely spend any actual cash money anymore. My bigger concern right now is what appears to be an absolute epidemic of bot and scrip users.

• Try doing it twice. Click it once, hit "save settings" then go right back to that setting and click it again.

I have had to do this with multiple check-boxes.

As for the update, meh, more ways for players to abuse DM never shocks me, which is why I barely spend any actual cash money anymore. My bigger concern right now is what appears to be an absolute epidemic of bot and scrip users.

that didn't fix it for me, but thanks for trying.

• Hmm, thats odd. Dont leave the options screen when you do it. Re-select before you leave the options screen, you may have to do it a couple times before it "takes."

• Seems like the constant harassment of adverts from other GF games is back with this update. I'm far from pleased. So I get logged out nearly everytime I refresh the page, AND each time I get logged out, I get an ENTIRE SCREEN of advert from another game. On mobile, this advert is frequently delayed to the point where you have to stare at the login screen for a few seconds before clicking to avoid hitting it. (ios chrome). So odd how these bugs go hand in hand and don't get fixed....

Useless features and a ton of issue not being fixed. Typical GF.

XOs7XMZ.png

• I couldn't have said it better. Every since the class update, hardly any of the updates have addressed actual bugs or imbalances that make the game unplayable. Instead of fixing the bugs they just keep adding ways for us to spend more money. We have been waiting almost 2 years for a merger that we get little to no updates on. The developers clearly no longer care about they're player base and haven't cared for a long time. Now they're just blatantly telling us to go shove it by repeatedly updating a broken game with unwanted and non-requested money grabbing crap.

bBvXPlH.jpg
    ~Thanks for the siggy Silverwind!~

• Seems like the constant harassment of adverts from other GF games is back with this update. I'm far from pleased. So I get logged out nearly everytime I refresh the page, AND each time I get logged out, I get an ENTIRE SCREEN of advert from another game. On mobile, this advert is frequently delayed to the point where you have to stare at the login screen for a few seconds before clicking to avoid hitting it. (ios chrome). So odd how these bugs go hand in hand and don't get fixed....

Useless features and a ton of issue not being fixed. Typical GF.

just play bite force or whatever its called... on the phone i get pushed to that damn site almost every time. about to give in and just play it.

im on the fence about the new features. expo is clearly useful for growth but all but kills the other two classes. balance seems way off as it sits right now.

the cold hard parrot truth..

• And, JFI, overall opinion that was shared here about the version 7.4 has been forward.

The same for the other complains that are not really related (ahm ahm) to this topic - adverts rage for example - but were mentioned.

Please keep sharing feedback.

• this crying server..u had beta test for new classes,u had time to choose what suits best for you
    even they gave u oportunity to change class how many times u want.."disco class is broken" yeah it is
    but only if u sending expos whole day,and not a lot ppl have that kind of free time
    and also crying about "dm abusers" if u know how to play the game even that will not be so great adventage.
    As a old player im enjoy while im can,u should try to

no fs no fleet :rocket:
    #trump2020

• says the man who cheated his way to top and now has no vmode warriors in the best setting server for expos and is sky rocketing off the abuse. yea i wouldnt mind whats going on either.

HOFs:

too many to count

• says the man who cheated his way to top and now has no vmode warriors in the best setting server for expos and is sky rocketing off the abuse. yea i wouldnt mind whats going on either.

lol thats why i got what i deserved and even after that i climb again to the top,while u get recycled at least 10 times and cry about black "dm abuse":lol:
    ofc there is not v mode players cuz u all fall down :)
    :cya:

no fs no fleet :rocket:
    #trump2020

• I wanted to take a moment to thank Prongs for opening this thread, and for leading a strong charge for positive changes and fixes in not just the US Community, but also all of Ogame. I work in several communities on teams, and can say Prongs is the strongest voice on the issues that concern us. To me this means he actually does care about our feedback, and how we as players are treated. To me that's something Gameforge currently needs more of DESPERATELY.

Thanks to the participants here who have remained respectful and shared their ideas.

Now, as far as my own thoughts, I think we can all agree with the fact that balance with the classes and flaws in the market place system are huge issues.

For the market place, I think adjusting some of the pricing ratios so that I can't sell a zillion ships to someone for like 300K metal should be addressed. Truthfully, I otherwise enjoy the concept of the market place and it seems to have a useful place.

For the classes, I'd love to see balance brought forward so all three are relevant. Largely, Ogame right now is all about Discovery: Build expo fleet, Expo, put winnings into fleet, repeat for exponential growth.

There are some fantastic ideas out there to bring balance, and it boils down to this: You can not totally kill Disco class, but just cap some of the benefits to a certain level. At the same time, bringing other bonuses and benefits to the other two classes could bring this all closer.

Lastly, I am aware GF gets a huge push in dark Matter sales for new universes, but maybe it's time to slow that down a bit until we get a handle on these issues. I would think player loyalty should be a priority here...and someone who stays in ogame for a few years buying small and consistent amounts of Dark Matter seems better than someone staying for a few months and spends a lot, but then grows bored and leaves forever.

Thanks to all for letting me share my thoughts here!

ESeB8X4.png

Edited once, last by Silverwind ().

• delete this comment please

Edited once, last by OxyGeN ().

• Hmm, now I wonder what the notorious mass fleet marketplace abuser Oxy had to say about this ... anyone see it before he edited it?

The marketplace needs to go, period. It a failed feature, without question, IMHO. Its pretty absurd. and ol' Oxy is one of its biggest abusers, this is todays MMORPG on Fenrir.

• that uni is like 4 months old. Its relevant.

I hate to be Captain Obvious here, but GF doesnt give a crap about older unis. Frankly, neither do I.

Edited once, last by JorjX ().