Discussion About Likely Upcoming Merger

• Well, we have no date or official announcement for a US merger, but . . .

Because the NL community is in an active merger ( See here: NL Merger) I think it's safe to assume on the horizon Game Forge will be making mergers in several communities, probably ours included. :pump:

So, my beloved community, what are your thoughts? :cool2:

What Universes should merger? Who is Exodus Uni, who is Target Uni? What concerns do we have for these events? :pardon:

Generally I'm curious about how everyone feels about it and what we'd like to see?

Disclaimer: I am not in charge of the merger plan so this is just a fun topic, please don't think I am promising any one thing over another or that a plan developed here is going to be the final word on what happens.

ESeB8X4.png

• Looking specifically at the uni I play, Wezn.

If we follow what .NL did, I think Wezn will be left alone due to being basically the only established non-ACS uni. The .NL non-ACS uni was left out of the merge process due to that non-ACS setting. So I think we could see the same here.

I've been watching some of the uni discussions, and I've seen the other non-ACS uni here, Xanthus, trying for a very long time to have similar settings as Wezn. So I could see a situation where the Xanthus players get a choice to merge into Wezn or a slower server like Uni 1.

Being Wezn has the 2nd highest scores for 7x/2x unis on .US, I wonder if we could become a target option for the 7x/2x or 7x/1x exodus unis. As the gap between us smaller 7x/2x unis and Pegasus is insane.

• I think it actually helps to have a general plan with all the universes and then discuss from that,

Expect that we will never reach an agreenment with all the players, but at least it will be helpful to know the overall opinion about the exodus and target universes. :)

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

• Check this idea:

"

I think the uni's should be packed after the merge, therefore end up with only 4 uni's, and a 5th for the way to big ones.

the newest uni's (hima and gala) just have bad luck in this merge and rhea, xanthus and indus are way to small to merge anywhere anyway, so i wont consider their positions (either don't merge or unfair merge i see as options).

group 1: to big to merge:

peg, jap and merk are way to big to have options, they should only get option to go here.

7x4 seems an ideal inbetween for the speed differences.

The (by far) biggest player in peg and jap is the same player, the (by far) highest merk player is the same size, so the powerbalance is not ruined.

group 2: a high pace big uni:

this group should give the bigger players that want a high pace a place to go.

uni's that should have this option are: all uni's, except group1.

(must pick 1, 2 or 3: ob, virg, bella, kal, wezn, uriel, zibal)

biggest potentional player: 692m points.

smallest rank1 forced here: 325m points

group 3: a low pace big uni:

this group should be for the same player that prefer a lower pace, it can be either x1 or x2.
    uni's that should have this option are: all uni's, except group1. (must pick 1, 2 or 3: ob, virg, bella, kal, wezn, uriel, zibal)
    biggest potentional player: 692m points.
    smallest rank1 forced here: 325m points

group 4: a high pace smaller uni:

this group should be for the newer uni's that can't compete with group2, but still want a high fleetpace.
    uni's that should have this option are:
    uni1, nusk, aqua, fenrir, quaor, yildun, tara, europa, dorado, cosmos, spica
    biggest potentional player: 270m points.
    smallest rank1 forced here: 118m points.

group 5: a low pace smaller uni:
    this group should be the newer uni's that can't compete with group3 but still want a low pace fleetpace
    uni's that should have this option are:
    uni1, nusk, aqua, fenrir, quaor, yildun, tara, europa, dorado, cosmos, spica.
    biggest potentional player: 270m points.
    smallest player forced here: 118m points.

This way everyone (except group1) has the option to pick a highpace or a lowpace uni and you can pick a place with relatively equal strength as your uni.
    As for hosting uni's, the high pace should be 4-6 fleetspeed and the low pace should be 1-2 fleetspeed, and no 'exceptional' stats (like no acs, or def to df)

summary:
    jap, merk, peg can only pick big uni.
    ob, virg, bella, kal, wezn, uriel, zibal: can pick big uni, high pace big, low pace big.
    uni1, nusk, aqua, fenrir, quaor, yildun, tara, europa, dorado, cosmos, spica: can pick high pace small uni, low pace small uni, high pace big uni, low pace big uni."

This idea belongs to ulyanov!

• Round 3? When was round 1? I dont recall you killing a single ship I own in Yildun.

And I have an account in Aqua, which is 60 days younger than Yildun.

Warned - hawk

• I actually really like midnight's idea. In an ideal world I would like to see very few unis at the end of the merger <6. I think some of the older unis should be destination unis as they have the oldest most loyal fan base. This way people who have been playing the same settings and tailoring their unis with various setting votes for years don't get hosed.

bBvXPlH.jpg
    ~Thanks for the siggy Silverwind!~

• A friend said let's get crazy and reckless:

Target Universes:

Universe 1

Pegasus (Settings to x4, x7, 0.5 Deut , x6 Bashing limit )

Virgo

Spica

Exodus: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Choices for Target:

Japetus: ::::::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Virgo

Kallisto ::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Virgo

Merkur :::::::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Virgo

Nusacan :::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Virgo

Oberon : :::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Virgo

Quaoar ::::::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Universe 1, Spica

Rhea :::::::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Universe 1, Spica

Tarzed ::::::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Universe 1, Spica

Uriel ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Universe 1, Spica

Wezn : :::::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Virgo, Spica

Xanthus ::::::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Universe 1, Spica

Yildun :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Pegasus, Universe 1, Spica

Zibal ::::::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Virgo, Spica

Aqua ::::::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Universe 1, Spica

Bellatrix ::::::::::::::::::::: Pegasus, Virgo, Spica

ESeB8X4.png

• Do not think I like your friend, just merged ( is that a word?) to Pegasus just for the x2 speed. I do not want to move again... I have new friends now :P

hysteria.png

• not a fan of the Oberon option in your example Silverwind we have to choose between doubling our fleet speed in a younger uni (Virgo) or joining a uni that has players more than double our size (Peg). Not very favorable situation for us.

bBvXPlH.jpg
    ~Thanks for the siggy Silverwind!~

• I would like to 'merge' my top 30 account in a newer universe into an older universe where I'd be so far down the food chain that simply coming out of vacation mode doesn't illicit moon destruction missions the moment I fleetsave!

• [ex-team] broken  Shadyj09  Hysteria

This is why the thread is open...let's hear YOUR options...if none speak up, then we get what we get, right?

While not everyone will be happy, weighing in about it AFTER the merger isn't going to help anyone.

On the flip side, everyone complains we want and need a merger...but none want to accept the fact that you're all about to lose ranks. It's an unfortunate reality.

We can't have 19 Universes merger into 4 and everyone be the top 10 dogs.... want to squeeze it down to just 5? just 6 ? just 10? Or skip the whole thing?

Shadyj09 I can see why maybe you'd be reserved with an option of Pegasus, but that was put in in case any wanted to match up with older accounts that are pointed in that direction. But why would you be concerned with Virgo? That's such a nice match, and in fact if you looked at it from just a Virgo+Oberon standpoint it's a really nice balanced match up:

I know others would be coming along in the outlined suggestion, but it's still a respectable match

but hey, you guys put up your plans and be specific "that won't work" or "I don't like that" really isn't a plan

ESeB8X4.png

• I agree with @[SGO] Silverwind. At least merge needs to be fair and close to equal to everyone, by all settings, reasonable. For sure if some uni gets bad merge like huge difference in points, people will quit playing. I played this game since 2003 on Balkan servers and some of the merges were so bad because nobody wants to speak up, to share some suggestions. So please speak up so that everybody can be happy or most of us:vain:

Equality is very important here. You don't want to see all moon destruction after merge.

I don't believe that natural disasters can destroy the world, I believe in science!