Dead uni?

• No. The company didn’t change the rules. One unpaid volunteer tried to circumvent the rules. There is a difference.

• One unpaid volunteer acted on behalf of Gameforge... PERIOD... Do you not understand that? If I volunteer for the Make-A-Wish foundation and refuse someone.. Guess who gets in trouble? The company... NOT ME... SAME DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gameforge did all it was obligated to by not issuing immediate bans to people for going against the company terms and conditions (a contract you agree to when you register).

You have yet to show any law that they have broken.

• Also I love how you guys do a sliding scale with the DM as well... Early in the universe just to buy a level 1 mine costs 20k DM... If I did it now... it's 500DM talk about a bunch of damn crooks... Unfortunately that's not illegal

• YOU ARE SO BLIND IN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IT STATES WE ARE TO FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE UNIVERSE - MULTI WAS A RULE- IT GOT OVERTURNED 3 DAYS LATER

THAT IS A BREACH OF CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT PERIODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT????????????????

• I’d probably believe it if you posted using proper grammar, punctuation and capitalization...and actually showed exactly what law they broke...

This is the internet, anyone can say they are anything... but unless they actually can show it, I am not so willing to believe it, and the quality of your posts doesn’t lead me to believe that.

Until you show exactly what law they broke, I stand on my point.

• I can't believe I have to break this down barney style for you but I will.

What is a breach of contract
    Consider the term 'breach' synonymous with break. Breach of contract can be defined as a broken contract, stemming from failure to fulfill any term of a contract without a justifiable, lawful excuse. A breach of contract might occur when a coworker refuses to complete her portion of a job; when an employee and/or volunteer does something prohibited by his job contract; or even when a customer prevents the contractor from satisfying the obligation or finishing the project at hand.
    How does a breach of contract impact a small business?
    We have 4 different types of breaches, they are.

• A material breach-failure to perform one's duties as set in the contract-is considered one of the most serious, and allows the injured business or individual to seek damages in court. The broke contractor mentioned above might be able to collect in court because his client failed to perform his end of the deal. The contractor was supposed to collect his pay when he finished the job. He did his part, but the client didn't follow through with his end of the deal.
    • Fundamental breaches also often end up in court, as this kind of violation allows the aggrieved individual to stop performance of the contract and sue for damages. For example, if you signed a lease for a new apartment, but showed up on moving day only to find someone else living there, your landlord is in fundamental breach of the lease contract. You could sue for damages and to make him rent the apartment to you under the original agreement.
    • An anticipatory breach allows one person to say the contract is broken when it becomes evident the other party will not execute his or her end of the contract within the allotted time. Let's say your neighbor hires you to paint her house, for example, and she'd liked the job completed by October 1. If you haven't started by September 30, she could try to collect monetary damage because there's no way you could get the job done in time.
    • A minor breach is a partial breach. For instance, let's say you hire a friend to build a website for your business. He gets the site done in time, but there are a few errors. While you can't sue for actual performance (he finished the job after all), you might have the option to sue for monetary damages or force him to make corrections.

In this case, it is a minor breach. A volunteer who was given the power to impose new rules to this universe introduced multi-accounting. People purchased the Dark Matter on multiple accounts because of this new rule of multi accounting being tolerable.The Universe or Game Admin who implemented this rule acted on BEHALF of Gameforge and was given the power to enforce and create rules for universes by Gameforge. Gameforge then overturned his new rule, banned all the multi accounts and did not issue refunds or transfer Dark Matter to those who spent money on those accounts. While this is not quite breaking the law such as murder, but they breached the contract by not making things right. We received Dark Matter yes, but we were banned from using it and would be argued in the court of law as not receiving at all, or partial use.

According to Section D of Article 42 (I think it's 42) in the International Internet Law and Ethics any company operating or providing services internationally must uphold to these as if it was a private business in a mall.

http://www.mpil.de/files/pdf3/06_antoniov1.pdf

Now that I have shown you what law was broken (minor breach of contract), explained how they did it, and given you material to read that I cited off the top of my head from the Regulators themselves. How else can I help you?

• Hey Brechin, i know you are frustrated, and i would be so too. However, the T&C is very clear.

Unless the Rules allow exceptions, the user may participate in each round of an online game (e.g. world, universe etc.) using one user account only. It is not permissible to use multiple user accounts ("multi-accounts"). Gameforge is entitled at any time at its own discretion to block or delete unauthorized multi-accounts.

If multi accounting would be legal, i believe it had to be approved by the managing director (which in this case is NOT Grimnir). I've never seen a universe with allowed multi accounting though.

I agree with you that the situation is not ideal.

• There was 1 universe long long ago that did; (Chaos was a trial that did NOT go well)...but other than that 1 it wasn't allowed, for obvious reasons.

PS... Brechin mentioned a number of times that he himself was not affected by this..just felt he wanted to argue it.

• I’ve looked at this thread very carefully, and I think it can be summed up pretty easily.

There was a mistake made and some people are still angry about it. I sympathize.

At this point we have a huge debate about legalities, some staff insults, and a lot of trolling.

No one is really going to change their mind about what happened here and most people have weighed in on this thread and the original thread so I think we all know where everyone stands.

At this point I feel it is detrimental to the community at large to continue such a “discussion”.

Therefore I am closing this thread as it no longer serves a meaningful, useful or positive purpose for our community.

~Silverwind

Billing Issues Ticket System

Terms and Conditions

ESeB8X4.png