how much profit do you look for

• How much profit do you look for in a standard non war/revenge hit?

I'm directing this question to the fleeting powers. As we have gotten so large it ain't no thang to bash thru a rank 650s def and crash whatever they left sitting....obviously ignoring their noobery for not fsing I am wondering if we are at a point where we should allow these fleets to sit longer to allow these players to get larger.

Typically I look for at least 10 million in profit not counting the gas but I wonder if I should raise that to 20 or 30 as to not be a bully and make these more noobish players quit earlier then they normally would.

Thoughts?

You should never hit Yourself.
    You just might get hit back.

Thanks to DISASTER for the siggy!

• I go for a number around 20kk because deut costs usually end up cost end up over 8kk where i usually send out fleets and I don't have enough rips to bash sitters . But I am a small fleeter in Electra.org where I think there's more prey than here so...
    But 10kk sounds reasonable for any turtle bash w. rips and you probably would know better to not send out an attack if costs are too high or are not worth your time :biggrin2:

VFrhXcx.jpg

Thanks for the sig disaster :)

• Personally, I don't hit a planet that only has sats and cargoes (unless it's a ridiculous amount of one or the other or both), except in unusual situations like wars. Now, if a planet has combat ships sitting in addition to the normal stuff, OR if it has a ton of resources, then yes I'll hit it. I don't have one set rule for everything, I make a judgement call each time I view spy reports, but I generally don't hit cargo fleets (as you may have noticed in SnD).

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• If it sits it dies. End of story. :huntsman:

Signature by Disaster

Retired to Spam Planet. :cool2:

SANE! You say I'm no longer sane? What ever gave you the impression that I was sane to begin with? :crazy:

• 10-15kk or so after deut costs are accounted for. Would prefer more obviously but those small ones add up and at the end of the day (to me) it's about how much profit one can squeeze out in the playing time afforded to you. I'm not as active as you, Yourself, so time is a big factor in who I choose to hit. Simply sending a link to FS'ing FAQs/wikis to ubernoobs can help dramatically in keeping the playerbase active as some simply don't know that's what they should do to avoid getting the smackdown from steamrollers above (gifting the odd 0 point player with a few kk to get them up and raiding with cargoes also helps). But as Queenie said above there are other factors at play and it's on a case by case basis - fleet allocation/hit success probability plays a massive part. Anything 5kk or so I'll leave as that's just being a tard, and let's face it, in a 4x you gotta have a few more sats and cargoes that are ripe for picking off than in slower speeds.

P.S. If they run their gums then all bets are off and I'll pound them into the ground for neutral profit.
    :biggrin2:

• Maybe I play a more simple game where when im hunting I hit what I find. Im not above hitting for small profits if its all I can dig up. Flying is why I play the game, profit is somewhere third or fourth on my list of needs. Plus with 4x and high nanites most of us can recover losses quickly where as in 1x I hold back more given a rebuild on low profit hits may take days or even a week in queD ships.

Im in the same boat as Zen with time. I dont typically vmode so my fs timing is crucial most of the week. While its random in nature I still keep it tight which doesnt allow me hunting like I use to. Nothing against vmode, im in it right now, im just saying when I do hunt with limited free time im more likely to hit for low profits just to have fun.

As for revenge.... whats profit? :whip: Thats about the only time ill pop a moon.

the cold hard parrot truth..

• to me its more about time. The longer my total flight the more loot i want.

I'm smaller than the other posters but i generally wont plunder for under 3 mill profit and usually wont crash unless its 3 mill or more debris again sometimes i wont even move my recyclers unless its over 10 mill.

• I only have a joke account in Io, so perhaps my opinion isnt really desired....

But generally, I don't care about profit. Sure, it is nice, but that's all it is. I much prefer to have people curse me off after I lose 2kk compared to their 60kk. It is kind of refreshing to just wander around and set people straight on the fallacies of defense.

Like I said, just me. If I do want to go for profit, I try at least 3kk after deut costs.

Thank you Disaster for the awesome sig!

• This post was not about profit.

It was about making noob players quit before the normally would killing the uni faster.

You should never hit Yourself.
    You just might get hit back.

Thanks to DISASTER for the siggy!

• my alliance almost all quit this uni because it's trash, have fun playing on dead io :)

• All depends on how old and active your uni is doesn''t it? I'll hit someone for 100k profit if need be.

Anyhow, if you have mercy with players whilst they're smaller then they won't learn to fleetsave properly early on. So later they'll lose a big fleet later due a lack of experience and quit because they're demotivated by the amount of time it will cost to rebuild.

• my alliance almost all quit this uni because it's trash

Perhaps they can stop using refresh scripts and learn how to play? That would definitely help their chances of survival. :dead:

Signature by Disaster

Retired to Spam Planet. :cool2:

SANE! You say I'm no longer sane? What ever gave you the impression that I was sane to begin with? :crazy:

• I look for whatever I can find, other than inactives, I tend to look for those who have honor points to get my honor up again. This uni lacks in worthy hp targets that aren't turtles or crazy fleeters.

• I don't launch my speed fleet for hits involving fleets worth less than 10k recs worth of debris unless I am assisting someone else, or I REALLY hate your guts. Generally speaking, why do you care if it makes people sad that you hit them? I mean really, profit is profit at the end of the day, and as long as you aren't spending your time launching 1000 rips for no profit on random scrublords I don't think it should be any of your concern whether someone is going to quit over losing a 2kk df fleet. If they give up so easy they would never amount to anything anyways, so who cares?

:bday: Thanks Disaster for the sig :bday:

Hofs: More than you
    Advanced: A Lot More than you
    Super Advanced: More than you, but especially more than Frat :beer:
    But not as many as the number of times SRI has been top 10'd
    :rofl:
    Rips Crashed: More than DegO :thumbsup: