Add Lifeforms to Moons

• Moons have always been a resource sink for Emperors. Be it a massive Turtle Shell to protect surplus resources or an ever-expanding Lunar Base to support a sophisticated Sensor Phalanx + Jump Gate. Yet I propose we add Lifeforms into the equation. Why Lifeforms you ask? Well there are three reasons why.

1) It's something new to build besides the three Lunar Structures and the two structures needed to build Defenses(Robotics + Shipyard).

2) Lifeforms take up ZERO SPACE and it's something for Solar Sats to "power".

3) "A million voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

The first reason is just that: Something new for Moons. I am well aware of the implications when it comes to Lifeform Technology and Buildings(some of which would have no purpose like Storage) but just as easily as it is to obtain, it can be taken away unlike a Planet. Second reason is due to the limited real estate on a Moon. If they take no space on a Planet, it would make logical sense that it applies to a Moon and the fact we can build Solar Sats there despite there being no reason to do so(no Mines), this will give Solar Sats a purpose if you were to build them there. The third reason has been a fantasy of not just myself but numerous players that it would be something to blow up an object with Population on it. It was fictional in the past that the Lunar Base housed "population" but with the addition of Lifeforms, it can now become a "reality". We can't blow up a planet but we can certainly blow up a small moon of Gungans that drive us nuts Druidians and blame it on the Spaceballs.

So what do ya think? Yay or Nay on Lifeforms for Moons? You allow us to store Food there already and we can build Solar Sats to power the Lifeform Buildings so why can't we have Lifeforms on Moons?

• The first issue that jump out at me is that a handful of the lifeform buildings affect resources gained on the planet (moon in this case) only and therefore wouldn't be helpful to build. Are you suggesting that perhaps new lifeform buildings are created that would benefit a lunar based strategy? There could be buildings that shorten JG cooldowns, expand phalanx range, or even some that mine/synthesize resources on a smaller scale than what we have on planets.

I certainly like the idea and am curious to see what others think of it.

U6.org Retiree.
    Noobin around in a universe near you...

• The first issue that jump out at me is that a handful of the lifeform buildings affect resources gained on the planet (moon in this case) only and therefore wouldn't be helpful to build. Are you suggesting that perhaps new lifeform buildings are created that would benefit a lunar based strategy? There could be buildings that shorten JG cooldowns, expand phalanx range, or even some that mine/synthesize resources on a smaller scale than what we have on planets.

I certainly like the idea and am curious to see what others think of it.

With existing Lifeforms, they wouldn't be as impactful but yes, perhaps a future Lifeform could be advantageous when populating a Moon by providing bonuses to Lunar Bases, Sensor Phalanx(Kaelesh already kind of do this in some degree but in Research form) and even Jumpgates.

• interesting idea. Maybe something to lower construction costs and or times for the lunar base,phalanx and jump gate. Or here's an idea something for the moon itself to help defend against moon destruction yet something like that would need to have a heavy cost.

Zapdar :pardon:

• interesting idea. Maybe something to lower construction costs and or times for the lunar base,phalanx and jump gate. Or here's an idea something for the moon itself to help defend against moon destruction yet something like that would need to have a heavy cost.

I think those are great ideas. decreasing the build times/costs of lunar buildings would be a great direction for lunar lifeforms. even something based on increasing structural integrity of the moon to make it harder to pop them would be a cool idea.

U6.org Retiree.
    Noobin around in a universe near you...