US Merge Discussion

• As posted, the US will be having universe merges in the near future.

This thread is for our community to discuss anything related to the merges.

Common Questions Answers
    Not all targets are showing up! What do I do?
    It might happen that the desired target doesn't show immediately for you to select. In this case, if you want we can help to move the account but for that we will need some steps:

- Select one of the available targets that you have and transfer the account there.
    - Do not interact with the "bridge" universe (read: stay in vacation mode and do not do anything). - Send us a support ticket with which bridge universe you used and your desired target.
    - Shoot a staff member a PM with your ticket number so we can try and get you merged as quickly as possible.

These steps are needed for you to have the free relocations since a manual merge of the account won't grant any relocations or perks.
    I merged my account and it's showing as banned!
    This is normal and is done to ensure the merge is done correctly. The original account will be banned and deleted after 7 days or when the universe closes (whichever comes first) and the new account will be unbanned after a few hours at most.

Please only send in a ticket about this if your account is still banned after the time shown on your lobby.
    Is it possible to merge to another community with this merge? No, it is not possible. The targets presented are the targets available.
    Is it possible to merge from an exodus universe in one group to a target in the other group? No, you can only merge into target universes in the same group.
    Are we blocking the creation of new accounts in target universes? No, the only account creation which will be blocked is in the exodus universes.
    Is it possible to merge from one target universe to another target universe? No, it is not possible. The only way to merge out of a target universe is via the Graveyard.
    Does the top 20 rule apply to this merge? No. This is a forced merge so any target may be selected regardless of a player's rank.
    Will my planets be in the same spot in the target as they were in the exodus universe? Gameforge will make every effort to place your planets where they were in your exodus universe, however, it might not be possible. In cases where it is not possible, there will be a free relocation provided (one per repositioned planet) which can be used at a later date.
    If I do not choose a target universe, what will happen with my account? Will it go to the Graveyard? Your account will be merged to a random target universe, but please see the answer in this -->post<--.
    Will players with accounts in target universes get free planet relocations? No. Only players leaving exodus universes are eligible for free planet relocations.
    Why was my universe chosen as a target or exodus? There are a lot of considerations Gameforge takes into account when coming up with a merge plan. Unfortunately, it is not possible to make every player happy with a forced merge and given the uniqueness of each universe it is difficult to find a suitable target universe for every exodus universe. Exodus universes were selected due to various criteria which only Gameforge knows, however, many have so few active players that moving to a more active universe will hopefully increase player enjoyment.

In this case, every war fleet speed was a consideration and every war fleet speed is represented in the target choices. The rest of the universe statistics are fairly similar among the targets. The universes which were selected as targets already have the space necessary to accept a lot of players, a requirement many universes did not have.

Are there any plans to implement an attack ban before/during/after the merges? The only time an attack ban will be implemented is if something goes wrong. At this time, there are no plans to implement any attack bans.
    What should I do if I can only merge my account to a universe where I already have an account? Unfortunately, it is not possible to merge the two accounts into one and it is not allowed to play more than one account per universe. In this case you must place one of the accounts into v-mode and leave it in v-mode permanently. You are allowed to log into the account once every 30 days to prevent it from deleting. This will allow you to find a new owner for the account which can be exchanged using the Gameforge lobby account gifting tokens.
    Will it be possible to alter the target server settings once the merges are completed? Once all the dust of the merges settles, server polls should be available for server setting changes which includes the ability to change a particular fleet speed setting such as the peaceful fleet speed setting. These polls will follow the standard server change poll process.
    What are the settings of the target universes? See the spoiler below for a full breakdown of the universe settings. Please note that these settings may be changed at a later date if required.
    EDIT: Updated for the Jan 2023 Merges.
    If I transfer my account to a target universe while the login event is ongoing, will my tritium transfer over? No. Any tritium obtained won't carry over to the target universe and you'll lose all progress with the login event prior to that point, meaning that you'll start from tier 1 again.
    As an alliance founder having to re-create my alliance in the target universe, do I have to wait out the 14 day cooldown before I can set the alliance class for free? No. For merged accounts in the target universes, the 14 day cooldown has been temporarily waived, meaning you should be able to assign your free alliance class immediately. Once the merge has finished, this cooldown will be reinstated.
  • Is there a plan to merge Tucana with anything or are those listed the only one being merged for US servers?

• Does the "cannot merge in if you are in the top 20" rule still apply in this merge?
    Also is Spica 3x or 6x speed?

The top 20 rule does not apply to forced universe merges.

Also, the stats for Spica (taken from the universe listing on https://board.us.ogame.gameforge.com):

6x Fleet, 8x Economy, 16x Research, 6 Galaxies, 50% DF, 50% Deut, ACS On, Probe storage On, +30 Fields, +25k DM

• Hello,

I am a bit disappointed about that merge plan...

On the group 1, the 4 target univers are also the biggest. (except japetus and janice)

If you look at the top 50 accounts .us, 44 belong to .... Spica / Tarazed / Yildun / Himalia

I see two problems with this :

- the biggest players dont have the opportunity to fight together

- the others players, the "little one" have to choose between univers where most of the top players are more stronger than them

In fact they have to choose who will eat them

Why not regroup Yildun / Himalia / Janice / Tarazed / Spica / Janice for a first group

And the other univers together on a second group?

According to me, yildun is empty. All our ennemies are leaving using the cemetery after 60 ina days; and according to my team, if unfortunaltey the merge does not give our server a real activity, we will end destroying the univers and go elsewhere.

That's really sad cause you probably wanted to offer many choices in terms of caracteristics, but you forget the level of players

Yildun - Thanos, from top 35 after the merge to top 1

Quaoar - Former top 1 before the merge [Off]

Himalia - Former top 9 [Off]

• was hoping for some changes to target universe settings like probe storage for tazard for example. Was also hoping the targets would get a couple of free revocations.

Overall grade though I'd say B, so plan overall it good, not great.

• Can we have some informations about the merge item?

Or, if we use the 60 days ina to use the graveyard, can we go to any community?

If I am not top 20 in a very few servers on other community (the turkish one), will I be obligated to join them? Or I could go elsewhere?

That merge plan will give activity mostly to:

- himalia because of x10 eco, most of the players will go there

- tarazed probably because of x1 fleet to fleetsave "safety", since most of the fleet players will be lower than the top rank on all the target univers

Spica has a powerfull fleet team leading, and x6 fleet

Yildun has a 10 Bn tpo 1 fleet. Even if he will be using the graveyard just after the merge, many will fear him.

• I have no information regarding the merge item.

As far as I know, there is a plan to release it in the future but it is not yet in a stable state for release.

As soon as we know anything about it, we will post it here on the forum.

If you go inactive for 60+ days and merge to the graveyard, you can merge to any community if you follow these rules:

• Your account cannot place in the top 20 ranks of the desired target server in any category (total points, military strength, etc.)
    • The desired target server must be older than 1 year old.
  • Thanks for your reply

And what about if my account would be top 20 on every server? Can I go anywhere?

Also, I guess the merge plan can not be changed?

Maybe a survey would have been good to check players opinion. It seems the plan has been established by the wish of 2 players on the board

• If you are in the top 20 in any category for every server within a different community, you are not allowed to merge into that community.

At that point, you must find a different target server in a different community.

If there are no communities where you can merge, then you must select a target server in the US as this is your origin community.

• Ok, and I could go on any us server if I am top 20 in every category, on every server?

• Ok, and I could go on any us server if I am top 20 in every category, on every server?

If you would place in the top 20 ranks of every US server in any category, you can select any server in the US community in which to merge.

The only stipulation there is the server must be 1 year or older.

• Ok, thank you

I think it's too late, but if something can be done to change the merge plan, it would be great

Few weeks after the merge yildun will be the most inactive target server

• Ok, thank you

I think it's too late, but if something can be done to change the merge plan, it would be great

Few weeks after the merge yildun will be the most inactive target server

Yep, you guys in Yildun are f**ked. But it's also you fault, saying just above you would "destroy all the server and go to the next". Not exactly inviting.