Whats the gameplan?

• Serious question - whats the point for non-discoverer players to keep playing when there's no possible way to keep up? I understand that the vast majority of casual players won't really care, but regarding those trying to maximize point gains and rank, are there any legitimate options left to compete (Preempting some questions - this is in regard to the very top ranks (1-3))?

I personally tested whether optimizing collector + crashing any possible fleet in the uni was viable, but that plan evaporates once those fleets are gone (and is inherently hard to consistently succeed at). Are there any actual alternatives to compete other than opening your wallet and swapping to disco? This question is targeted to other high-ranked/knowledgeable players. I don't want this to come off too much as a crying post, but the way the balance currently stands is that if you want to compete for top spots (rank 1) you either switch to disco or quit, which is a pretty garbage situation. Thoughts/legitimate suggestions (that I have not already mentioned)? While I definitely like new things added to the game, this has definitely altered the meta where if you're the wrong class you're SOL (whereas before there was no gatekeeping to any playstyle).

Best plan I can see now is wait for the fleets to get rebuilt, hope to crash them, and hope the disco players Im competing against don't crash them first or Im even more boned lol. Also nothing against disco players in general or the ones Im competing against, they're trying to optimize their strategy just like I am. This is more on GF and some terrible balancing.

Edited 6 times, last by Divinity ().

• I suppose my situation isn't related to discoverers. Tarazed I'm going back and forth between 1st and 2nd. I'm number one fleet and general class. , competitor is number one eco and collector class. He's over doubled me in eco points but I can keep up by farming inactives and raiding his planets available to me. Busting his defenses up constantly that he relocates away from the inactives. I can occasionally secure 50m to100m resources here and there from idle resources from the once or twice a week players. I could see the challenge with discovers being more active then collectors.

:stick: Stuff Happens :hmm:

• Hmm yea in the case of collector the counterplay is to keep crashing his sats/you have the bigger fleet because the opportunity cost he has to consider to build one. Unfortunately Im in a younger uni so its gotten to the stage that the discos have fleets too big for me to crash and due to the point gain imbalance I wont be able to catch up so that option is out the window : /

• Yeah sorry wish I was more help 😩 with all the experience in the forums maybe someone has a good answer!

All good, there's a good chance there's no real answer to this tbh. I myself can't find a reasonable counterplay, just comes down to swapping, it getting rebalanced, or quitting :D

• Hmm yea in the case of collector the counterplay is to keep crashing his sats/you have the bigger fleet because the opportunity cost he has to consider to build one. Unfortunately Im in a younger uni so its gotten to the stage that the discos have fleets too big for me to crash and due to the point gain imbalance I wont be able to catch up so that option is out the window : /

mybe he is a cheater ,report him!!!!!:ban::goodn:

no fs no fleet :rocket:
    #trump2020

• mybe he is a cheater ,report him!!!!!

Figured you'd stop by this thread :D nah, you're just playing the class, nothing against you as a player, we just both know the class needs some adjustment or some alternative counterplay haha

• its true,but y every class has own thing,expeditions is "overpowered" only if u playing whole day
    so someoone who can be online 0-24 for a long time will be stronger then others y
    but i think its allready fixed even nobody saying that,people who playing that class like i sad 0-24
    they can feel the diffrence..

#trump2020

• People playing any class 24/7 can dominate. Time has always been the ultimate resource in Ogame. Time and Dark Matter are a powerful combination.

Ultimately, if you're not willing to pay to play, it's going to be very difficult to hang onto 1-3 very long in a uni, imo.

• People playing any class 24/7 can dominate. Time has always been the ultimate resource in Ogame. Time and Dark Matter are a powerful combination.

But a discoverer playing the same amount as any other class will always be ahead :lol:

xZjonhe.jpg

Somewhat likable, very disturbed :modo:

• But a discoverer playing the same amount as any other class will always be ahead :lol:

I don't necessarily disagree with you on that. A General class with DM and time can be powerful too, that's all I'm saying.

Casual free players (who make up the bulk of the player base) and dedicated free players (who may or may not make up a significant percentage of fleeters, I don't know) are going to have a hard time competing against a dedicated player who regularly purchases DM. No matter what class is chosen.

Let's be honest--the dedicated player who purchases DM may be a unicorn in many unis, but he/she is the player GF cares about.

• I don't necessarily disagree with you on that. A General class with DM and time can be powerful too, that's all I'm saying.

Casual free players (who make up the bulk of the player base) and dedicated free players (who may or may not make up a significant percentage of fleeters, I don't know) are going to have a hard time competing against a dedicated player who regularly purchases DM. No matter what class is chosen.

The problem there obviously being any other class has to put in more work, more DM and more time to be gaining the same stuff as a Discoverer - The textbook definition of an overpowered mechanic in a game.

xZjonhe.jpg

Somewhat likable, very disturbed :modo:

• The problem there obviously being any other class has to put in more work, more DM and more time to be gaining the same stuff as a Discoverer - The textbook definition of an overpowered mechanic in a game.

Again, I don't disagree. Fleeters were OP for what? 20 years? It took them a while to figure out the balance on that. Now it has swung away from fleeters. We'll have to see how long it takes them to adjust.

• I think right now, the main gameplan should be to stop the Discoverer DF exploiting. Outside of that, sure, more balancing is probably needed. But right now the ship is flooding with water and sinking - We need to fix that asap before we worry about painting the ship!

• It has to do with the DF from pirates/aliens being proportional to the amount of ships they bring. So their income keeps compounding, as they just grow their fleet more and more massive. (If I'm not mistaken how it works, exactly. I sent 1 expo for the tutorial reward and intend to send exactly 0 more in my lifetime.).

• It has to do with the DF from pirates/aliens being proportional to the amount of ships they bring. So their income keeps compounding, as they just grow their fleet more and more massive. (If I'm not mistaken how it works, exactly. I sent 1 expo for the tutorial reward and intend to send exactly 0 more in my lifetime.).

hahah guys pls dont be silly,so more fleet you sending the more deut it consume it
    so you need 10 hits per day to just have some + after black hole come,so its like russian roulette
    you can get 2-3 holes in day and fr for 2 weeks or not get one in 10 days
    all depends
    so when u say its easy to play its not lol,u risk a lot
    and stop blaming the class cuz u didnt took it
    a lot players have discover class,its not just to take that class and be the best lol

#trump2020

So why not send a fleet of LCs and probes on exped even as a general? PF will let you get bonuses (I realize you don't get the class bonus)

• I have losses as an attacker sometimes. Usually I make like 10x+ what I lost, so I don't act like it's actually losses. "I just made 500m on this hit, but damn, I had to spend deut to get there, and lost 10m ships!!!"

I know from hearing several people talk about it on US and EN forums, that the losses are minimal and the gains are obscene.

Here is a link to one of the discussions about it, from these forums: New beginnings - discussion thread (It's specifically talked about on pages 9, 10)

So why not send a fleet of LCs and probes on exped even as a general? PF will let you get bonuses (I realize you don't get the class bonus)

That's one less fleet slot I am attacking with, then.