Bans for pushing

• I am suggesting that you warn people before giving them a week long ban especially on a new uni for something and allow them to correct the assumed "push" or at least look into it before dropping the ban hammer. :lol:

Fly or Die!:sniper:

• If I recall correctly, Pushing is an automated flag. I would highly suggest double checking over the game rules (There's only 9 of them that apply in-game). If you need to exceed the allowed 72-hour window, just open up a ticket to explain the situation and a Mod should be able to prevent an issue.

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• It wasn't outside of the rules. It wasn't outside of the 72 hour margin either. I've looked over the rules, our move was completely legal. It is only recommended to open a ticket if outside the 72 hour window.

• If it's an automatic flag, we should automatically be notified that were in danger of being banned. All I'm saying is this isn't how it should be handled by just slapping people for perfectly legal moves. Reach out to the person first and say hey, you're in risk of being banned for pushing, any reason why you did xxxxx? Then listen and verify their claims, and if unverifiable then ban them.

• Also recommend the ban be for the time frame that the higher pushed account takes to create the res that was "pushed". Makes sense instead of a 1 week ban for 2 hours of res that were valid.:lol::Ace25:

• I sympathize 100%, but unfortunately it feels like 99.99% of companies use some form of auto-ban. So if I do anything even remotely close to pushing the edge of a rule, I open a ticket.

I agree that some form of Warning, like say 12 hours prior to the ending of a Push window, should be sent, but can you image the logistical nightmare that would create? They'd need to either implement an additional automated system, or have mods review each flag prior to the warning. Both would cost a company WAAAAAY more money than the occasional disgruntled player. That's just an assumption on my part though

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• Its not automated... As far as I can tell, a GO places the ban. That's what I was told as well Removed So as far as I'm concerned, it's not automated at all and completely under the disgression of the person who wants to ban you, so don't piss off any players who are also game ops ... And a simple script to auto send a preselected text isn't difficult at all.

Notice issues for posting a private message without permission- Andvari300

Edited once, last by Andvari300 ().

• No, you can't have the punishment be flexible like that or it WILL be abused.

Agreed, I was just trying to make a point of how ridiculous some things are. 2 hours gets a week long ban, if it were a push. I'm still livid

• And the part that's an issue is here "resources sent from a lower-ranked account to a higher-ranked one with nothing tangible in return." There wasn't anything TANGIBLE which my guess is what flagged the exchange. I made a thread in the Help forum a while back talking about this scenario and it was said to open a ticket for recycling help or fuel reimbursement.

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• And the part that's an issue is here "resources sent from a lower-ranked account to a higher-ranked one with nothing tangible in return." There wasn't anything TANGIBLE which my guess is what flagged the exchange. I made a thread in the Help forum a while back talking about this scenario and it was said to open a ticket for recycling help or fuel reimbursement.

The whole discussion was over discord of me asking for help, so that's possibly why. But honestly someone still should have reached out saying something along the lines of you're going to get banned for x if you don't x... Not that difficult or time consuming. That's what they're here for. To keep the game going, not to crash it.

• That's what I was told as well. . So as far as I'm concerned, it's not automated at all and completely under the disgression of the person who wants to ban you, so don't piss off any players who are also game ops ...

Actually it's not; but now you're sharing private conversations, AND still talking about your ban in your replies. This thread will be closed as well, and the board team can decide how they want to handle it from here on out.

Just like 2 accounts that were perma banned because of payments yet within and hour they were unbanned and playing again?

We don't handle anything payment-related, that's all done via Billing Support on Gameforge's end. It isn't even comparable to this situation, since it's handled by paid Gameforge staff and not volunteers (as all of us here are) who also have full-time jobs on top of this "job".

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

Edited once, last by Andvari300 ().