[STRYKE] vs. [N_U]

• Now can one of you please make a HoF in this war using just bombers? :love:

Pfff with bombers its too easy , with colonization ships , that is lvl master :D .... (btw I made in my old uni HoF with colonization ships only - but it was not a war hit)

• Giving everyone a heads up on this issue that keeps going back and forth. As I and the community enjoy these war stories, please keep messages from attackers and defenders out of the story unless you change the wording. I do not want stuff like that complicating an entertaining war.

• Congrats N_U! you guys wiped my RIPs. After stay up until the wee hours of the morning I figured my RIPs would return safely but then I way over slept. I woke up to my girlfriend being like, "It's 10:30... how late were you up!?" and my reply was, "My RIPs are gone". I had several phone calls and text from my ally. Thank you all for trying your hardest to protect me. My bad gents. I'll take a few days off to brew a beer, relax, and not worry about fleet saving, and then I'll be back! Enjoy those profits. I worked hard for them.

bBvXPlH.jpg
    ~Thanks for the siggy Silverwind!~

• *A thin pale man enters the dining hall, Commander Shady sits at the head of the table, the remains of a feast meant for celebration lies upon the long oaken tables. Many empty tankards of mead are in front of Commander Shady. The messengers speaks*
    "Commander Shady! The attack on Bad... egh... it... well, it was a failure sir."
    Through slurred words and dark eyes, Shady responds.
    "A FAILURE!? A FAILURE!? HOW LONG MUST THIS WAR CONTINUE!?"
    Tears begin to form around the drunken man's eyes. Was he exhausted? Just drunk? Had this war finally broken him? The messenger chimes in again:
    "Sir, I'm sorry but there's more... The enemy, they have found your RIPs and are flying on them now.
    *Shady's fist tighten around yet another tankard of mead. His knuckles are white as he grips the handle, if the tankard could cry out in pain it would*
    "We have a humiliating failure and they dare to fly on me? How could they? We have lost... so many good men. Men with families, wives, children, loved ones who will never see them again."
    The stress of the war beings to overwhelm Shady. His eyes, full of horror, begin to flow abundantly as the celebration mead once had.
    "Why... why... how?... who?...."
    Shady is beside himself. The messenger tries to collect the babbling mess that is now Shady.
    "SIR! We must act now! We must scramble the fighters, deploy defensive maneuvers, alert our allies! ANYTHING! SOMETHING!?"
    Shady still struggles to return a gaze. He's still rambling.
    "So many... So much... Why? Why me? Why now?..."
    He rambles himself into a drunken slumber. Nothing can be done. It was too late. The attacks had landed. Thousands? Millions? How many had died?
    Upon his wake, Shady looks over the destruction his mistakes had caused. Anger? Hate? Sadness? Nothing. He is numb. Now he feels no sorrow. No anger. No regret. Just nothingness.
    The look upon Shady's face frightens his men. He wipes the table of empty tankards.
    "I command my generals to me. NOW!!!"
    "This is not the end gentlemen, I have failed you. This error is mine and mine alone. I have allowed emotions and liquor to cloud my mind. It is time for this war to end and end gloriously. We shall fly to the ends of the galaxy before this is over. Many many more shall die, I... may even die. But as long as these monsters of N_U survive, there shall be no peace within this universe. The good people that exist through out this land shall see a day free of N_U and their violence. We started this war, but we also tried to end it. We shall fight to the last man! THIS IS NOT OUR END! THIS IS ONLY OUR BEGINNING! THEY HAVE AWOKEN A BEAST THAT, AS OF NOW, HAS BEEN SLUMBERING! THEY SHALL TAKE NO REST! THE WARRIORS OF SHADYJ SINGLE HANDEDLY BEGAN THE DOWNFALL OF TURK AND NOW IT SHALL DO THE SAME TO N_U!!!"
    A roar that could be felt across the planet erupted. The fires of the RIPs still burning in the background. The men were inspired and ready, but Shady's eyes... they were still... just numb.

bBvXPlH.jpg

Edited once, last by Shadyj09 ().

• Great war to both sides. We both threw some nice punches but N_U pulled out the biggest hits. It was nice to see you guys grow from smashing defenses to smashing fleets! That was an impressive turn around. Everyone fly safe and I'm sure we will see you all around the Uni. Congrats N_U!

bBvXPlH.jpg

• N_U alliance is assumes victory in this awesome war.
    We were considerating loosers from start, but we showed all we are a good alliance and our teamwork gave us a great victory.

Thanks for Stryke`s for oportunity of this war, we all had a great fights.
    Congrats for both sides.

N_U declare victory, we are a proudly Noobs.
    Thank you all!

• This was a fun War to watch and I'm glad it ended respectfully. Congrats to both sides for the entertainment and the much needed activity the board needed. :beer:

• I've never seen such a well matched and entertaining war, and with a lot of fun mixed in. From Shady's drunken stories, to Nevers great draw to put a little role play into it (which inspired several of us after all!) and the actual combats were good too.

What I have appreciated most, and has made this a great war is that everyone here remembered it was a game and showed a lot of class and character. The good sportsmanship from both sides (even in a few heated debates) was outstanding.

To me, this is how a war thread in Ogame US should be modeled after.

If I might be so bold, N_U can not be the victor in this war though.....

We all won something here!

Thanks guys!

ESeB8X4.png

Edited once, last by Silverwind ().

• I defiantly agree. It was a fun experience, especially for me, being my first war.

Looking back, I wish I had defined more specific terms to the war itself. I think it would be a lot of fun to do something again. Maybe something shorter term or smaller scale with more specific guidelines and definitions for victory, that we things can stay action oriented and entertaining, without too much arguing over semantics.

Cheers to everyone for their part. Until the next one!

XOs7XMZ.png