What will happen to Hyperion?

• There are only 588 accounts left, from which are probably half in v-mode and another bunch is inactive.

Will this Universe be joined with another?

I foresee some trouble because this universe is (as far as I know) the only universe WITHOUT acs.

Now I don't mind ACS, but isn't it time to merge this universe with a few others to create at least a universe with 4,000 - 5,000 players?

There are simply too many universes.

The stats can be so simple for GF:
    - 1 server for 1 universe with 5,000 players is cheaper than 5 servers with 1,000 players.
    - Besides the 5,000 players are way more motivated because they are in a busy universe, a universe with a future.
    - Less moderation is needed.

So, when can we expect something like this, because Hyperion is as good as dead. Merge all the stuff please.
    (Don't merge it with Pegasus please, because I also have an account there) :pleasantry:

• Im going to put this in Hyperion discussions section.

FYI, we do not know about merges until about the same time you guys know about merges. It is just a waiting game. I played uni 8.org from 2006 until the merge and we had roughly 30 active players for about 2 years.

Board Admin/ GO - Ogame.us
    SMOD - Ogame.se

• Yeah, we can all speculate to our hearts content about the next merge. My best guess is when we reach a "Z" name server. But really, it's like a betting pool...
    *gets an idea*
    With a $5 buy-in, if I take a 50% cut..

Sometimes they really are out to get you.

• Well, I don't mind a 'not so busy' universe, as long as I know my account won't vanish. If in time universes will be merged and my accounts, thus the one in Hyperion and the one in Pegasus will keep existing.

• There was a merge timeline mentioned in that community newsletter video, around 3:50 in the one named "Part 2".

Not sure which communities they talking about, but say they hoping for a merge at end of the year. They cleverly didn't say which year.

Nothing is ever foolproof because fools are so ingenious!

• Jape is getting low on numbers now too,less then 800 and like most uni a lot of those are Vmode or inactive

• I wanted to say just the same... we are lower and lower also at Jap... I think only 300-400 active players or so maybe I already said too much :D

• That's just the nature of the game at this time. When a new uni opens, many players flock there and old unis die out. What that shows GameForge is that people prefer new universes. Gameforge responds to this by opening new universes more frequently. If you want the pattern to change, people need to stick with older unis.
    There's tons of reasons why people quit a universe.. we could address some of those as a community. One example I see a lot of is bullying. I can't tell you how many times I hear from a very low rank player saying someone in the top-10 is threatening to "make them quit" if they do/don't do something - or they just hit them constantly at the bashing limit to make them quit over something petty like a probe. As a community, work on retention by helping new players in the game.
    That rant isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but if you've sent that kind of message before you know you're part of the problem.

Sometimes they really are out to get you.