S.Cargo............ 357
    L.Fighter............ 429
    H.Fighter............ 5
    Cruiser............ 341
    Battleship............ 64
    Battlecr............. 55

- after battle -

Attacker Smokinanon
    H.Cargo............ 0 . . . . . .(lost: 127)
    Battleship............ 0 . . . . . .(lost: 250)

Defender Onie95
    S.Cargo............ 16 . . . . . .(lost: 7)
    H.Cargo............ 117 . . . . . .(lost: 41)
    L.Fighter............ 33 . . . . . .(lost: 17)
    Cruiser............ 4 . . . . . .(lost: 0)
    Battleship............ 55 . . . . . .(lost: 1)
    Col. Ship............ 1 . . . . . .(lost: 0)
    Esp.Probe............ 94 . . . . . .(lost: 37)
    Destr............. 7 . . . . . .(lost: 0)
    Battlecr............. 5 . . . . . .(lost: 0)
    R.Luncher............ 50 . . . . . .(lost: 20)
    Ion. K............. 0 . . . . . .(lost: 1)
    S.Dome............ 1 . . . . . .(lost: 0)

Defender Semper
    S.Cargo............ 239 . . . . . .(lost: 118)
    L.Fighter............ 303 . . . . . .(lost: 126)
    H.Fighter............ 3 . . . . . .(lost: 2)
    Cruiser............ 301 . . . . . .(lost: 40)
    Battleship............ 64 . . . . . .(lost: 0)
    Battlecr............. 55 . . . . . .(lost: 0)

Attacker Smokinanon destroyed.

The defender has won the battle!

The attacker lost a total of 16.524.000 units.
    The defender lost a total of 2.889.000 units.
    At these space coordinates now float 4.138.200 metal and 1.647.300 crystal.

The chance for a moon to be created is 20 %

All debri was collected

• its not a good thing to see a player that you regularly fly with turnaround
    and acs defend a non alliance member against a friend. oh well!

better luck next time smokin. :pillepalle:

here is an example
    Phalanx Hit Dyrus[NoX] -vs- smokinanon[Wahr] (TD:25m)

Their fatal flaw is They hate us cuz' they aint us
    Us animals need to stay together---mr fox

• Product of greed. Smokin should have been more careful but knowing you might ninja him he might have been more careful. Congrats on the ninja....at least I know where you stand. Shame the greed of a game gets to some people. You are just another player to me now. :wink:

">

• In response to Fatal_Flaw, Smokinanon removed me from buddies list some time ago without ever saying a word about it. I have no loyalty to him other than the fact he is in Wahr.

In response to Gabby, I do not hunt Wahr, and I have not probed a Wahr member or attacked a Wahr member since I joined ESA. I have done this purely because I come to the chat occasionally, in order to avoid confusions.

Also in response to Gabby, Onie became my friend AFTER I crashed him, because he was super friendly (read the page you linked me to's dedicace). He was making up his mind on what to do, and I didn't give him a formal invitation immediately because I wanted to see if he would start fleet-saving. The answer is yes he has.

Finally, Slack used to hunt Brain and I warned him I would acs defend a friend vs Wahr, but I would not hunt Wahr members. Moniker used to hunt GUTTED, and I am pretty sure said the same thing.

Onie asked me for help. I hesitated a short moment and then decided to do it, instead of only watching.

In response to FeelTheBurn, very narrow-minded of you. I will be out of vmode in 2 weeks, after my friggin 8-hour-long test. You are welcome to hunt myself as well as Onie. If you only hunt casually, looking for an easy hit, then I consider it fair game. If you start to make a point to harass him, then I will come back and haunt you. :)

I would like to believe I am still on friendly terms with Wahr, because honestly I like a lot of you and I still intend to fight bigger targets alongside you.

It is quite simple, yet you are making Drama out of it. I was mid-trade with Onie when Smokinanon launched without probing. Onie asked for help. I helped him. The acs that took place was cross-galaxy, and Onie's various colonies were showing activity the entire time. My fleet landed 5 minutes before Smokinanons, so Smokinanon had plenty of time to actually probe and recall. Onie moved his fleet to the colony well after Smokinanon had launched. After the hit happened, Smokinanon opened a ticket in vain on me, accusing me of getting free deut and random stuff of which I have no part in. I got pi**ed with his attitude and told him to cut the bull. He finally asked me why I was mad and congratulated me, and that was the end of our conversation. However, drama that I do not feel concerns me but that has my name written in it continues within the confines of the Wahr circular messages. Also, not that it should matter to others, but Onie joined ESA formally after the hit, though he had been invited before the hit.

To clearly say this, I still do not intend to fight Wahr unless you force my hand. I can deal with probes or minor attempts on my fleet or resources because Dyrus and TMT do that daily anyway and I would rather an ally have it vs an adversary. I did what I said I would do from the start. Until now, I have not collected data on Wahr. 15 of my 34 buddies are in Wahr. Smokinanon wasn't one of them.

If you have more to say, send me a pm instead of lashing out vainly. It's trouble enough that you required me to take the time to explain all of this on the public forums with your accusations. You guys are still my friend, until you decide you are not. My actions have matched what I have previously said I would do, and I will do it again if someone attacks another of my friend and I am able to help. I go by the principle fleeters should be able to avoid acs defends if they are taking care of their own fleet, and I can't warn one 'friend' that another friend he is attacking is online; this is a war game...

Sincerely,
    Semper

• so you are saying you thought this out long enough to not only fly to your new friends planet with
    watching a friends attacking fleet for 5 minutes and thats the only thing you can come up with?
    do you have any idea that anybody just might join you on another long 5 hour flight when you
    are so sloppy and cant think pass a this attack concept? you were invited into this alliance
    and we still let you leave on good terms. we let you come back at anytime to plan attacks because
    you didnt have players that could help you attack for the awesome epic hof you wanted. we let you in on
    our round of moonshots because we consider you as a friend to all of us. there are a lot of players trying
    to get me to give them moonshot attempts but i give them to you first. all you say is its his fault for not
    probing first? you say you dont like drama. but your choice made this drama. I would like to keep you on
    as a friend but i have some serious thinking to do.

• semper--people play this game in different ways, and thats what it is, a game. The only reason I am still playing this game is because of the group of friends I have meet in Wahr. Despite coming from different countries, age groups and backgrounds we have coalesced around some core principles of teamwork, fairness and integrity. These principles have been put to the test time and again and I am proud to say I have seen the group become only stronger because of them. You called me narrow minded, and that is true, one of my many faults is that I tend to view things as black and white. I took you off my buddy list because your actions indicated to me that you no longer could be trusted, that you decided to put your personal gain ahead of friendships. As I said, different people play in different ways and different reasons and I am not condemning the way you have chosen to play, it's just not the way I choose. My comment to onie you may of misunderstood, I was warning him to watch his back concerning you, not that I was targeting him. As far as you hunting me, well lets say I won't be losing much sleep over that. Good luck with finals.

• Fatal_Flaw, I admit a pm might have worked. I also think that Smokinanon would have been reproachful of me If I refuse him the right to attack Onie, when he clearly thought of Onie as a good target. If I had simply sent a pm today telling to watch his fleet because I could acs, he would likely have tried again soon enough. Also, I can't offer the kind of protection that most newbies dream about: have a 'big player' take care of any threats to them. Onie has to fleet-save and protect his own resources and fleet. What I can do is offer him guidance, assistance, trades, and teach him skills he needs in order to progress. Onie is fair game, as are any of my friends and myself, to any fleet who braves the attack, and I don't think it my right to refuse other fleets the chance to crash him. As for my own actions, I can choose who I do not hunt for personal reasons, but I do not impose my reasons on my allies. This is my logic, and it should not hinder a friendship.

Feelthebern, I have yet to break the trust. ;) And I didn't really have personal gain (other than a bit of metal) from the acs defend, because of deut costs and the way we did the split. if you knew me at all, you'd know I don't give a figs about profit and I like to destroy adversary fleets.

Fatal_Flaw, the 'sloppy' acs defend was intentional. Yes, it is a lame warning, since he did not bother to probe, but it was there. The fact that he did not probe took away most of my desire for mercy on his 250 BS (which is a very small fleet), since this serves as a lesson to another fleeter. The fact that he was downright rude after the hit took away any remaining remorse I had, though I am still sympathetic to his losses.

If this is such a big deal, then I am tempted to go to war and get it over with. I like you all and I hope we can be friends afterward. I have had enough of the venom and drama to sour my day, already, though. I will leave that decision up to you, but I prefer for us to remain friends.

Feelthebern, my statement was never meant as an intimidation; we are not the persons who are afraid of a little conflict. :) Thanks for the encouragements for the studies.

Gabby asked me not to post and to focus on what I need to do, but felt the need to respond this time to your posts.

I know Smokinanon will rebuild very swiftly, and I hope he will be more cautious when attacking weaker players. This hit also allowed me to express more physically my philosophical approaches to this game: Acs defend one friend when you can, even vs another. Never hunt or store data on any friend. Do not expect one ally to be allies with another ally. Have fun and have friends you enjoy to play with. Teach anyone who would like to learn, adversary or friend.

Regards,
    Semper

• Im over here like,

:bday: :popcorn: :popcorn: :bday:

This doesn't involve me for once.

BTW Fatal, please elaborate on how me hitting smokin, even slightly relates to your discussion about semper defending against a Wahr?

Im so lost.

Wasat: [3] (NoX)

IO: [62] (2-1-1)

Top 10's: 1

RIP kills: 19

• To give you another example of the applications to my philosophies for Ogame:

Barnaba attacks Cesar. Barnaba invites me to acs with him. Cesar is on my buddies list, therefore I cannot acs with Barnaba. Because Cesar offers such big profits, occasionally, I cannot tell Barnaba that he is not allowed to attack Cesar. That's against the logic of the game; Cesar needs to fleet-save and protect his own resources. I would tell Barnaba that Cesar is on my buddies list, and that I cannot acs attack him.

I can choose not to attack Cesar, and have him on my buddies list, because he is a very pleasant person. I can help him rebuild and I can offer him advice. If Cesar happens to be online when Barnaba attacks him, and Cesar asks me to acs defend, even if I know that Barnaba is attack him, then I will probably try to help Cesar, since he is the defendant. I would only hope Barnaba notices that Cesar is online and recalls to protect his fleet. Another limit to my logic is I cannot time a blind-return hit, since that would be an attack on Barnaba and no longer a simple acs defend vs him.

If Cesar is offline and Barnaba attacks him, I cannot use the information I have on Cesar from friendship to aid Barnaba in the attack. Nor can I use the information I have on Barnaba from friendship to aid Cesar's revenge hit. It is the nature of the beast of having two friends who are in conflict. Also, I highly doubt Barnaba would agree to refrain from hunting Cesar when Cesar does not fleet-save.

None the less, despite the paradoxal situation, I am still friends with both Cesar, and Barnaba, and I do not wish to see either of them be crashed. When I told Barnaba I could not acs with him, he said too bad for me for giving up a good hit.

An additional thought to consider, even if I know Barnaba was attacking Cesar, my Philosophy for the game prevents me from protecting Cesar in any way without Cesar directly asking me for help. For example, I cannot phalanx Cesar and plan the acs defend for him vs Barnaba. I cannot call Cesar up or send him a message on facebook or some other form of communication to warn him of the impeding attack (I don't have Cesar on fb or telephone, for the record), I cannot probe Cesar's planets to feign activity for him either, because all of these would be interfering with Barnaba's attack on Cesar, when Barnaba shared the information that he was attacking Cesar with me in confidence...

So yes, I have friends who fight, and my policy is not to make everyone happily friends together, but rather to assist the defending side when asked for help (otherwise the friendship is fairly useless), and to not interfere with the attacking side.

I think I did both of those nicely with this ACS, though the act was not well received.

Cheers.

• Since the beginning of Wasat, I noticed a trend that still continues to this day apparently. No matter what alliance or player you were helping yesterday, watch your back because the player you least expect will stab you in the back with a hit. The former days of "loyalty" to an alliance are definitely a thing of the past.
    This thread is entertaining. Let me pull up a chair.
    :grumble: :spam::popcorn::nothingtoadd:

• dyrus it wasnt about you at all. we semper smokin and others fought as one.
    a couple of weeks later we are no longer fighting as one. we have turned on each other.

semper i was more then happy to leave my first post as is. then you keep adding excuses.
    first you defended a friend. you should of stuck at that.
    then you give a lot of justifications that went too far.
    then even to make a few examples of why and what would happened.

my concern was the fact you gave him 5 minutes to probe. 5 minutes for you to
    think i am going to destroy my friends ships. then its his fault. then what next?
    you going to say you had nothing to do with it???

if it was me. and i am glad it wasnt. i would of said i protected a friend. end of story.
    but you keep on.....and on

• I think all sides have said their part so lets chill on the spam and what not. Congrats on the hit, congrats on the drama, welcome to ogame. :borg:

the cold hard parrot truth..

• you are a little late to the party deadparrot. we ended it last night.

:closed: