Lifeform feedback/suggestions

• Lifeforms are an exciting new addition to Ogame but I find that this was put out there without much thought as to what this might do to the balancing act players must do when it comes to Energy. Right now the current Energy system is all centered around Mines. We produce enough Energy via Solar Plants, Fusion Plants and Solar Sats to power ever growing Mines. Yet with Lifeforms, this is further pushed out of balance, requiring far more Solar Sats to meet Lifeform Energy needs or pushing us toward yet another pay to play format of Officers(Engineer in particular) and Energy items. What this screams, if anything, is that Ogame is in dire need of three things concerning Energy. The first one being a brand new Energy structure to build(I recommend Bio-Fuel Plant. Converts Food into Energy). Secondly, Solar Plant efficiency needs to be improved as Energy Tech is developed(Solar Panels from years ago are less efficient than ones produced today) while Solar Sats are made more Efficient by developing Laser Tech(it beams Energy to the planet surface with a Laser and Laser Tech currently has no purpose beyond level 12). How much of a boost either gets is up to you but I recommend giving Solar Plant like 2%/level. Finally, the Fusion Plant needs to have its Power/Deuterium cost ratio updated. Base Power output increased by a factor of 3 and Deuterium consumption reduced by a factor of 1/3rd to at most 1/2th. Combined that raises the ROI of Fusion Plants by a factor of 4 to 6 because right now Fusion Plants are the Black Sheep of the Resource Page(Alliance Depot the other on Facilities).

Now when it comes to Lifeforms, I find that Humans could use a slight re-work with regards to the Tech Tree. Humans should, in this author's opinion, boost Planetary Defense(Ships get two upgrades but Planetary Defenses only 1?), IPM's(Missiles in this game get no love whatsoever), and improving Solar Plants and Fusion Plants. Hence here's what I have in mind:

Tier 1:
    Intergalactic Envoys

High Performance Extractors Photovoltaic Cells

Fusion Drives

Stealth Field Generators Fusion Reactors

Orbital Dens

Research AI

Photovoltaic Cells: Increases Energy output of Solar Plant by 0.04% per level

Fusion Reactors: Reduces Deuterium Consumption of Fusion Plants by 0.04% per level

Tier 2:

High Performance Terraformer

Enhanced Production Technologies Skynet System Network

Light Fighter MK II
    Cruiser MK II
    Improved Lab Technology Improved Capacitors

Plasma Terraformer

Skynet System Network: Increases Structural Integrity, Shield Strength and Damage of Planetary Defenses

Improved Capacitors: Energy output increased by 0.04% per level

Tier 3:

Low Temperature Drives Thermonuclear War

Bomber MK II

Destroyer MK II

Battlecruiser MK II

Robot Assistants

Supercomputer

Thermonuclear War: Interplanetary Missile base damage increased by 0.04% per level

This gives Humans the foundations of being the Lifeform to pursue for Energy output(Rock'Tal is good in this department too), Defense and the niche use of being able to increase IPM's effects.

Speaking of customizable Tech Trees, it would be a welcomed addition if we could pick Techs from the previous slot. Namely as Humans we have to take Intergalactic Envoys. This means Volcanic Batteries(Rock'Tal), Catalyzer Technology(Mecha) and Heat Recovery(Kaelesh) are not possible as Human. Furthermore, this would add even more customization to the Tech tree since all 24 Techs are now open to us as opposed to just 4 per slot and having to pick which one we like the most. As for picking Techs, while I'm not a fan of RNG, I really hate having to wait eons to re-roll and not have it placed behind yet another Dark Matter paywall. If you're going to add a new addition to the game, make it to where we can roll things as many times as we want/need until we get the desired outcome? Also give us the option to undo the previous tech so that we don't have to re-roll the entire Tier if we don't want to.

Edited 4 times, last by DarkHelmet: Forgot Tech/changed idea. ().

• DarkHelmet

Set the Label from Suggestion to Discussion
  • DarkHelmet

Changed the title of the thread from “Human Lifeform Tech Tree” to “Lifeform feedback/suggestions”.
  • I feel like you guys sorely missed an opportunity to make a 4th class for humans to enhance. Furthermore, I think that there's a lot...meandering around with the life form buildings, techs and their effects. At the risk of sounding like i want to Min-Max the effects, here are my suggestions for the classes and their respective lifeforms intended to go with them.

i have attached a google doc that has the thing i was going to say because it was exceptionally long. I was bored on a Saturday night and let my mind roam.

I didn't wanna post the full thing in case it would be a problem, but if you guys want and its ok, ill post it here.

PREPARE FOR AN ESSAY

https://docs.google.com/docume…H-TyKayI/edit?usp=sharing