Expedition Items

• I have a suggestion about items. I think, there should be some items about expedition. This items can be appliable for each wave of expo fleet seperately or whole expo fleet. Prices for these two situation can be different. Here are the two suggestion of my items:

1) No delay: When player used this item, expo fleet won't come back late.

2) No destruction: When player used this item, there's no risk of losing fleet.

There can be several other items but i just want to give some example. I know, when this items put into game, there is a risk of being expo class superior than others (in my opinion, it became already). However, these items can be worth to spend DMs. Also, it can provide more comfortable game playing to some players. The main point over here is prices of these items. With appropriate prices, doubts about them will be removed i think.

• My biggest concern for this idea is balance.

Expeditions are supposed to be all about risk and reward.

To be sure, I believe expeditions should have more risk than they do currently, but that is a matter of balancing.

I mean, if there were more balance, perhaps this form of insurance might make some sense.

However, for that balance to exist there would need to be a significant increase in risk.

And if there is a significant increase in risk, it automatically disadvantages those who do not have DM as they cannot protect themselves.

I can already hear the complaints of pay to win...

My second biggest concern is spending DM for a random event which might not happen.

I can already see the tickets for people wanting their DM back because they used an item to protect against an event which did not actually take place.

In a very real sense, this is essentially gambling.

Granted, it is not gambling in a classical sense, but there might be legal ramifications which would need to be considered as DM costs real money.

I am not a lawyer but I am sure a legal review would be necessary especially as some countries have stronger anti-gambling laws than others.

• Expos were never a profitable thing back in the day. So many people never did them. Neither did I, I have maybe sent out a few dozen expos in the last 10 years. Their profit and return were not worth the hassle at the time.
    Today they may be worth the time. Yet this only includes fleet comps.

Adding in a risk rewards per fleet wont work.

This is the only boost that you should or really can add.
    Some weird name... Expo Mission Time 1 day 7 day 30 day 90 day
    Researchers have found a way to reduce holding times on expos to 1 min.
    Using this boost will allow you to reduce holding times down to 1 mins.
    This holding time was found when we increased the scanner power by accident and we were able to find and return at a much faster rate.

This not work with lost fleets and one other one. ( cant recall what it was )

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif