Libra Trading Emporium

• I'd like to see more inter-alliance trading happen here in Libra. So to that end, I'm opening up the [LTE] or Libra Trading Emporium, where we can hopefully bring life to this slowing Uni.

Now we all know that there is already a Libra Trade thread, my goal here is to make this a more personal place to interact by
    1) *whip2* Initiating the dang Thing :whip:
    2) giving it a cool name that we can refer to in-game :thumbup:

I'll begin directing non alliance (and alliance) contacts here from Libra to hopefully attract more interaction as well.
    (I by no means expect this to EXPLODE with activity, but I'd like to try and get something started)

I've begun to trade and offer trade agreements with players from various alliances and non alliances already, so I know its possible.
    If anyone is worried about getting ripped off, this will be a place to look for trading partners and come to initiate trades with other eyes as witnesses.

Note for the Admin :arrow: [Now I'd hate to piss you guys off, so I hope to get some feed back from you guys about this (I hope its not too redundant or presumptuous of me to do put this up) :this: I'll edit this out

The Director

• I don't see a problem with trying to energize a slower Universe and welcome the effort.

Just make sure you're staying in the guidelines:

Trade Rules

1. Offering resources, attacks etc, for real money is absolutely forbidden.

2. Please specify the quantities you wish to trade. If a you're looking for a moonchance, the percentage must be stated.

3. On completion of a trade the topic creator should post 'please close' in the topic. A PM to a mod is not necessary.

4. All trade topics will be closed and archived after 1 week on the board.

5. Threads may be bumped after 24 hours. Doing so before this will result in the thread being closed and a warning will be issued.

6. This is the trade board not the charity board. No begging allowed.

7. There is no universal trading, for example "I will give 5 million of metal, crystal, deuterium in uni1 for an account in uni5."
    It's forbidden to trade an account for resources and vice versa and impossible to trade resources between universes!

8. Acceptable trade rates are from 3:2:1 to 2:1:1

Please remember that trades are at your own risk. All trades need to be done within posted trade ratios for the universe you are in and any moonshots with the DF being sent to a higher ranked player must have GO approval BEFORE you make the shot. You may reach a GO on IRC or through the ticket system.

ESeB8X4.png

• Great, thank you

Does this mean that after one week, I'll need to open up another Trade Emporium, due to the closure of the current one? [Not an issue if that's the case, that forces me to keep it up to date and fresh]

Is there a way to create sub threads under the Trade Emporium, such as "One Time Trades" and "Set Up Trade Agreements"? Or should these be made their own threads under the Uni Trade Page?

I'm excited to see what comes of this. I will be encouraging players to visit the forums, I believe this will open the door to re energizing our Uni

Also, Can I link the trade rules to the Libra Trade Emporium so we don't need to have an "off topic" post at the beginning of every week? Then if posts do not abide by the rules, we can direct them to the link

The Director

• Basically the Trade Emporium is already here in a sense....each person that wants to trade opens a thread in the "Trade" section with what they want to trade and the interested parties respond. It keeps it separate and less confusing than having 12 people trying to answer each other in a single thread about different needs all at the same time.

I would think that a Mod would politely inform anyone if there's a violation of the standards of the trade rules. In game the GO would monitor actual trades to make sure things are carried out within the rules there. Really this section of the board is to facilitate a meeting between a person selling and a person buying, the action takes place with the trade in game.

I think you should look into an alliance in game also, where a small group are banded together for mutual trade, protection. and attacking. You'll find that to be a good way to set up trade relations. My personnel preference is to join alliances that are mixed with miners and fleeters as these styles use different resources and complement each other well.

But as an experiment you can "stoke the fire" about trades in this thread for a week and I'll leave it open as I appreciate your enthusiasm. It probably belongs in the Universe discussion area but I see it's focused on this area so I'll give you a little wiggle room to see if it generates some responses.

ESeB8X4.png

• So I haven't seen any activity and people tend to prefer trading directly in game. So unless some one reading this wants a few million metal that I'm looking to offload for crystal, I think we might as well close this thread.

The Director