Complaint: Pay to Win Has Gone too Far

• It's good that someone abused DM. Now everyone can grow bigger and faster in shorter period and save weeks of boring new server play. In reality people should be thanking him because expos are much better for a new server atm. Will they become #1 soon? Probably not... but in few weeks they can be +10M points just because Londo increased the expo finds.

• It's good that someone abused DM. Now everyone can grow bigger and faster in shorter period and save weeks of boring new server play. In reality people should be thanking him because expos are much better for a new server atm. Will they become #1 soon? Probably not... but in few weeks they can be +10M points just because Londo increased the expo finds.

100% agree with you XD

• .FR have even more points than the one he shared and they opened the same day as well....

so comes to show you here on US ppl dont really buy DMs compared to those..

Janice.FR opened in March 2019, a year and a half before Janice.US

• Guys why do you take it so seriously? Did no one have 40m points on first week before? Cmon

I gave you lot good expos

RIPs killed, universes played, board accounts created: too many to stay mentally healthy.

RETIREEEEEDDD

Discord - DarkDestroyerX#9119 or rather DarkDestroyer#4449 right now.

Skype - andrew.interstellar (I log in very rarely).

• I gave you lot good expos

Londo is our king and saviour! :)

These noobs just look at rank 1 point and say: oh I'll never catch up to that... while they didn't have skill to become rank 1 in the first place.

Don't listen to haters Londo, just pass 100M points so we can get better expos lol

• I just want the trash mod to treat everyone equally

Coming from a perspective of a past mod (And hopefully one in the future) that stating everyone here is an idiot, I would imagine, is a warnable offense. However, someone speaking about what you said in reference, not so much. I think you just ticked off the wrong Mod.

Not taking sides but thinking through the reasoning.

• I honestly believe, that if everyone HAD THE CAPABILITY to throw the amount of money that 'these people' do, they would. Also, if you are a buyer of DM of any amount, then you are relatively a DM abuser when compared to others who do not buy it LOL. But still, if you spend $5 or $500, that's either your ABILITY to do so or your willingness to do so....or both. When someone is in a position to throw massive amounts of money at something, you can't fault them for how they choose to spend their money. GF hasn't put a handicap on how much you can spend day 1, week 1 or month 1....and why would they? They're sitting there rolling in money while everyone here who can't afford to complains about people who can. My gripes have always been about the abilities to rush recs and ships etc. to disadvantage crashes, but eh, I'm just hanging in the shadows of the boards now lol. Anyway, I'm not saying people are being 'HATERZ' but...I'm just saying, that anyone who COULD AND IS WILLING to throw cash of an outstanding amount at this game, would.

So moral is: Blame the game not the player. If GF cared about how imbalanced DM purchases make their unis in the first couple of days, they'd fix it. But they don't. And if we are putting this into a sports perspective, that is like me blaming Tiger Woods for beating me with using all the clubs in his bag, when I'm not as good as him so he should have only have used a 9 IRON. Being upset at someone because they have more money than you isn't the answer. Blame GF for not regulating HOW MUCH YOU CAN DO in a given period of time.

Edited once, last by Zero ().

• the abilities to rush recs and ships

I recently experienced the insta reccing after like a year or so. I used to not care but as I have tried recent fleeting, I would like there to be construct where if you are being attacked, insta reccing should be prohibited.

There is a game on mobile that I used to play, space based, that had a feature where the planet "shut down" after getting attacked. This also meant that others were prohibited to build until after the cooldown. Of course, they were given an "emergency" shield to allow the defensive player to recover. I know that cannot be 100% implemented but I would hope for at least something similar.

• i agree with this, lets try and get this approved.

So, here is how it will go down (and I'm using past experience as the judge here)...you will be told to suggest it on the forum or at .org or on the nightmare that was/is Stompt. Either way, people (GF employees) will find an issue with it and beat it down AKA "it's not in GF's best interest to apply what you suggest because when people get crashed, they panic spend moneyyyyyyy and try to save what they can and capture what they can." So, you'll spend all of this time trying to suggest changes, that just go...nowhere. Like literally, nowhere. If you think about it, you're asking GF to lose a portion of business for the sake of making some players feel better....and that's just not going to happen. Just thought I'd save you some time yandr1 LOL Because I've done all of the above, suggested it everywhere, posted it where I needed to....aaaaaaaaaand CRICKETS.

• There were some wise words that I never listened to a few years back, and I wish I should have then: If you don't like it, quit.

That's not an insult or meant to be mean in any way....more of a plea really. Best thing to do is just cut the cord now with Ogame while/if you still can LOL.

• haha Zero , i do like ogame as it is even tho i'm still a noob i just started to play not so long ago. I know to get something approved goes beyond us the players and our MODS but they can send our message to them if they like the idea.

I know GF it's not going to cut their payroll to satisfy a few players like you say, I don't see why not Insta build ( after you get crash ) but insta build after your fleet its locked and its going to get destroyed i kinda dont like that... yeah it's part of the game and tables turn one day you might be the defender and if you have money and are willing to spend it on here to insta build some huge fleet and get the attacker instead then you won't like the idea of making insta build while getting attack prohibited. ( then it all falls into "Don't hate on those who have the money to spend" XD its a non-ending cycle...

the most we can do its give our ideas and dream about them haha

• If you don't like it, quit.

I don't quit if I don't like a feature. I quit when the spark of the challenge has disappeared. I do not play to get top spot. I play to fleet with old friends and hopefully make some new friends in the process. I wouldnt want to be the top player anyways. Someone either will want to kiss your rear to be on your good side or be your friend just to get at your fleet.

Either way, it is just an idea on the table. GF knocks them all down at the end of the day but its fine. It just means that death is the inevitable end of the noble, hardworking players and the rise of more financially motivated ones. It is what it is.

• Coming from a perspective of a past mod (And hopefully one in the future) that stating everyone here is an idiot, I would imagine, is a warnable offense. However, someone speaking about what you said in reference, not so much. I think you just ticked off the wrong Mod.

Not taking sides but thinking through the reasoning.

I said this board is full of idiots, not specifying any one individual. Mael called me an idiot specifically. Maybe I ticked off the wrong mod... or maybe the board hired the wrong mod. Someone so incompetent shouldn't be modding. If they can't mod equally for everyone they shouldn't be a mod. I messaged him about it and he hasn't even read the convo. I reported the comment and nothing happened. This guy is a joke.

glotrb

• This topic makes me sick. you have better expos due to the #1 rank player. And this #1 player does not destroy anybody if you do not mess with him. If he decides to destroy the universe and spend time on each universe, probably no one could have a fleet easily. OK, you won't be number #1 rank for a short time but assume that #1 not exist and evaluate yourself according to this one. However, I do not ignore other players' opinions. I just want to say stop blame a person for this. Because the currency issue (i must spend too much according to my country's currency) is an obstacle to spend money on the game for me. I'm on the disadvantage side too but I do not target a player personally. In my opinion, there can be a maximum spending limit for a week or month to block this kind of situation to make some players happy. At last, I do not forget there are lots of parameters for making a change in this situation. It's not an easy decision for the board of the game due to the sustainability of the game.

• In my opinion, there can be a maximum spending limit for a week or month to block this kind of situation to make some players happy.

Here is the issue with that. The money paid for DM and such is the only source of income GF is getting to pay for the servers. It is like that episode from The Office where Sabre decides to put a commission cap. For Jim, it means there is no incentive to work. In this case, Ogame wouldn't have an incentive to exist. Or the bills won't be paid on time. Whichever I suppose.