Discussion About Likely Upcoming Merger

• And as for merging and doing a vote change afterwards, I don't think that's a viable option at all. The 80% requirement to pass a vote would simply lead to a large amount of people being stuck on settings they don't want to play on.

Most of your post just confirmed my previous comments. Every new uni being some random unicorn means no uni's can really be merged without some kind of sacrifice. I pointed this out over a year ago, but that comment fell on deaf ears as far as GF goes. There is no. X merges to Y list that gives EVERYONE what they want. The goal is to merge unis the least painful way to do that is to go with my most recent suggetion, give players as many choices as possible 3-4 options could easily afford a player multiple speeds and sizes. At the end of the day, for most of us we have to decide whats more important to us though, speed or size...

To the quote above, I think its silly to reverse alot of the voting thats already happened, because some forum warriors said so, BEFORE they even commit to picking a uni. If I get on here and voice that I want virgo to be 1x, but then I pick a diff uni because my buddy did... i'm just 'voted' for a uni I don't even play in. Thats why I saw worry about changing settings AFTER the merge. I understand your concern, in that you want to make sure you go to a uni with settings you like, not go to a uni with X settings just to have them changed right after (this will happen anyway though because votes just happen periodically anyway). IF 80% of your uni disagrees with your preference its just tough cookies. This kinda circles back to whats most important, size or speed... atleast speed can be changed if you rally the playerbase, no one gets to VOTE on being equal sized to ur opponents lol.

Ultimately, its like you and I have said, there are ALOT of things to consider when matching uni's for merge, and because of that there isn't a make everyone happy solution.. which is why so many people use the phrase whats best for the most people. We kinda have to just accept that the few are going to get screwed here one way or another, regardless of who that few ends up being, its really for the greater good of the community.

XOs7XMZ.png

• All I really care about is having a choice to merge with a larger uni, everyone crying about points or playstyle, I get it, but we want life in the uni. To me that is #1 overall. I played back in uni 9 in 2006 were it was simple, but there was STAR, they dominated everything. It was about comradery, and get that 1 guy that thought he could get you. Flame wars, regular wars, in fighting, that was where the fun cam from. Just my 2 cents, I would miss the current set from Obe, but to get more peeps to trade with or attack, or go after Mal, it would be worth it.

• Hey guys, I'm probably one of the 3 relatively active members on Zibal.

If I could choose... I would like to not merge. Why? Because I became lazy. :D

I love the fact that the universe is dead, that I can just chill, no need to rush for stuff and produce all the time on my planets without anyone destroying the prod.

But let's be realistic...

We can't satisfy everyone, not even most of us (at least I don't think).

I believe that 1 or 2 servers per communities would probably be the best in terms of making this game open to international merge as it will become.

In the end, having strong people on servers will change again soon with the merge object.

To me, we will have big tops moving from commu to commu to chase down other players.

• in the end your all messages are pointles,they will do like always what they want
    ,i wish i could go against stronger players then me
    i wish i can login on this stupid game and see more then 5 players active in one uni
    lets do something unitl this bull covid 19 ends,cuz after that i will not spend a minute on this
    boring "game"
    :cya:

no fs no fleet :rocket:
    #trump2020

• What is the point of mergers these days when we never get one. Oh and I just learned that there is testing going on in another server that allows one to pay DM to merge with another UNI with zero cool downs seamlessly. Meaning that a good fleeter can jump from UNI to UNI and take out fleets while not spending the DF and Res they gained. Sure there may be restriction that you can not be in the top 20 of the UNI your are trying to join... Yet someone with money to burn and is a good fleeter could hop around for a while and collect up a few 100 billion in fleets destroying what they can only to plop down in an inactive one and jump the ranks and do it all over again.

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• I hope we will merge in 3-4 weeks.

Whatever they decide won't suit everyone.

Just play for fun and looking for new team parnter to plan hit.

• If the merge item costs DM... who wants to bet that GF won't even give a free one to every player, which means 90% of the playerbase probly won't be able to merge.. which makes merges as a reviving mechanic... worthless.

Further, if you can only merge into 21 or below on a board... I'm at 900B the 20th slot on my server is 9B.... Why would any player(s) with 9B PAY to come be less than 1% my size? If those settings are how its going to work, no one is going to use that merge item. Its also worth noting, for the majority of active players in older unis.. like myself.. I literally can't merge ANYWHERE where i'd be below 20th lol. So the item just won't even be ABLE to be used by a solid % of your active players who really want a merge lol What a joke. It takes 2 minutes to find these issues.. what the heck is GF doing when they develop this garbage

XOs7XMZ.png

• If the merge item costs DM... who wants to bet that GF won't even give a free one to every player, which means 90% of the playerbase probly won't be able to merge.. which makes merges as a reviving mechanic... worthless.

Further, if you can only merge into 21 or below on a board... I'm at 900B the 20th slot on my server is 9B.... Why would any player(s) with 9B PAY to come be less than 1% my size? If those settings are how its going to work, no one is going to use that merge item. Its also worth noting, for the majority of active players in older unis.. like myself.. I literally can't merge ANYWHERE where i'd be below 20th lol. So the item just won't even be ABLE to be used by a solid % of your active players who really want a merge lol What a joke. It takes 2 minutes to find these issues.. what the heck is GF doing when they develop this garbage

yeah so stupid,i have same issue like you.gf become so greedy,like u said they earn money from that 10% players and for the rest 90% who cares..ogame now is only about $$ and we are all in middle of that..its like the end of game is near and they trying to take as much is possible.so sad.

no fs no fleet :rocket:
    #trump2020

with the item you can jump on all over the world not only .us ;) anyway Goodbye hits are coming :)

The last transmission we received from the expedition fleet was this magnificent picture of the opening of a black hole.

We All GoT Left Behind !

also, if I understood well, you will ALWAYS have one uni to merge to with the item, even if it means you won’t respect the rule of the top 20.

I don’t really know what they are thinking with that because either they will force you the choice of an universe, if so, based on what ?

Or they will let you go to any. And if so... it’s gonna be a mess. Ahah

(With exception of the recent universes as they say)

• also, if I understood well, you will ALWAYS have one uni to merge to with the item, even if it means you won’t respect the rule of the top 20.

I don’t really know what they are thinking with that because either they will force you the choice of an universe, if so, based on what ?

Or they will let you go to any. And if so... it’s gonna be a mess. Ahah

(With exception of the recent universes as they say)

you can always to the "other way" as they probab. though build an acc or have a weak one and push with tons of ress (talking about bn. of course) and merge with some uni that you will be top20 and insta b. stuffs with the ress that you gonna build :) (trust me i've seen top1-2 accs with several 0 behind his names ) :) in that case will be dm use and GF will profit but who wants to pay that much ( probably the rich kids ) :P

The last transmission we received from the expedition fleet was this magnificent picture of the opening of a black hole.

We All GoT Left Behind !

• you can always to the "other way" as they probab. though build an acc or have a weak one and push with tons of ress (talking about bn. of course) and merge with some uni that you will be top20 and insta b. stuffs with the ress that you gonna build :) (trust me i've seen top1-2 accs with several 0 behind his names ) :) in that case will be dm use and GF will profit but who wants to pay that much ( probably the rich kids ) :P

but I thought that even without the trick to hide resources to insta build it’s possible to always go somewhere even if you are top 20. Because they know that most of the active players are on old universes and can’t easily move to other universes without being already in the top 20.

• you can always to the "other way" as they probab. though build an acc or have a weak one and push with tons of ress (talking about bn. of course) and merge with some uni that you will be top20 and insta b. stuffs with the ress that you gonna build :) (trust me i've seen top1-2 accs with several 0 behind his names ) :) in that case will be dm use and GF will profit but who wants to pay that much ( probably the rich kids ) :P

Shipyard ques, buildings that are building, researches that are researching and unspent ress; are added to "account points" in the top 20 check.

Atleast, thats what was stated on the .nl board when we got the merge a few weeks ago.

Therer was a bug with the merge items; it didn't check worldwide, but only "locally if you were top20 there; hence some accounts way too big got to merge to smaller accounts universes.

Jillian-sig.jpg

:love: Thanks Syrabi

• Still, with this item the #1 world account.. with 131 Trillion military points, could just merge into ANY universe he wants. Allowing the top 20 players to just do w/e they want.. seems kinda stupid imo. The system should allow smaller players to rise up and then join those top 20 players if they want, it shouldn't allow top 20 players to just move around the world, absorbing anyone who gets close to them.

XOs7XMZ.png

• There are 2 types of mergers...

One where they merge old uni to a target uni... This is the one we are talking about.

Two is a feature they tested and are talking about adding. At this point there is no real news on if this will be implemented.

My understanding that this thread was started because there are some mergers happening in other communities.

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• There are 2 types of mergers...

One where they merge old uni to a target uni... This is the one we are talking about.

Two is a feature they tested and are talking about adding. At this point there is no real news on if this will be implemented.

My understanding that this thread was started because there are some mergers happening in other communities.

exactly, there is two types and they are both in place from what I understood of the initial post.

And again from this initial post, it said that this object to merge to other universe is already implemented on the nl community:

“The servers that are not part of the merge or that are target servers in NL will get the transfer item activated on Tuesday 1st of September. With this item, NL players that are part of target universes can buy the ticket in the shop and move to other target servers or even other countries.”

• exactly, there is two types and they are both in place from what I understood of the initial post.

And again from this initial post, it said that this object to merge to other universe is already implemented on the nl community:

“The servers that are not part of the merge or that are target servers in NL will get the transfer item activated on Tuesday 1st of September. With this item, NL players that are part of target universes can buy the ticket in the shop and move to other target servers or even other countries.”

It was. I moved from NL to US with the merge Item. And more NL players are moved to other country's. However, surprisingly, the item still had some bugs and is currently unavailable.

hysteria.png