New Universe Japetus - April 6th 2017 - Discussion

• People voted for specs wanted, which as others have said, was overwhelmingly like Hyperion but with ACS enabled. Yet, only +/- 400 people have registered? No matter what specs are used less and less people will play. This is symptomatic of a huge problem GF has with player retention, lack of advertising, and an imbalanced pay to win model which drives both old and new players away. No one likes competing with a select few who seem to love dumping their entire week's paycheck into a silly text-based browser game with no real-life rewards in sight apart from a feeling of superiority in dominating with their credit card over what's essentially 1's and 0's.

As I've said before, open up a subscription Uni much like uni35/progame. There's a thread over at .org with players screaming for this business model who just want a level playing field where skill and tactics dominate over bank balances. I've basically given up joining any new Unis, as have tons of others I know, until this option becomes a reality.

• Small update, we have 800 registered players, as far i can see the colonies already started to spread far from galaxy 1 ^_^
    excited how fast everything is going :)

LOOKING FOR TOP 10 ACC

• People voted for specs wanted, which as others have said, was overwhelmingly like Hyperion but with ACS enabled. Yet, only +/- 400 people have registered? No matter what specs are used less and less people will play. This is symptomatic of a huge problem GF has with player retention, lack of advertising, and an imbalanced pay to win model which drives both old and new players away. No one likes competing with a select few who seem to love dumping their entire week's paycheck into a silly text-based browser game with no real-life rewards in sight apart from a feeling of superiority in dominating with their credit card over what's essentially 1's and 0's.

As I've said before, open up a subscription Uni much like uni35/progame. There's a thread over at .org with players screaming for this business model who just want a level playing field where skill and tactics dominate over bank balances. I've basically given up joining any new Unis, as have tons of others I know, until this option becomes a reality.

I agree fully with this statement.

• Pretty sure 6 of them broke out of the retirement home to mess with with the new kids. :nicethread:

Signature by Disaster

Retired to Spam Planet. :cool2:

SANE! You say I'm no longer sane? What ever gave you the impression that I was sane to begin with? :crazy:

• Wow ! i found old friends playing in Japetus ! This was a rly N7 !