Posts by Andar Novaren

So when Leda and Cosmos came out I made a collector and discoverer account. With my collector account I stalled out on Leda around rank 200-300 until ultimately shut it down to refocus on Cosmos.

With my Discover account I very rapidly shot into the top 100 and have been slowly advancing from top 40 to top 30.

BOTH accounts have been played fairly passively with a large emphasis on defenses and mines.

Here are the differences between how the two accounts were played:

1. Col. The collector account relied on strong mines for an early economic boost and developed based on optimal mining output.
    1. Dis. The discoverer account leveraged the fact I needed a fleet for expeditions and began the early game with a series of raids against nearby empires as soon as the ability to make small cargos and light fighters was achieved. It then focused entirely on astrophysics 1 which is the real beginning of a discoverer's empire. In doing so espionage was heavily researched which gave me an early game advantage in it.

2. Col. The collector continues to layer on defenses and mines from start to finish.
    3. Dis. The discover immediately divided it's fleet into the maximum number of expeditions and started running as many expeditions as possible.

So why did the Discoverer account surpass the collector so quickly? Simple. I feel like you're underestimating the 4x resource returns. Yeah they are RNG and less consistent. But they're good. Having a fleet bring back 1 million+ resources in a single trip at a stage your mines on your main planet are barely outputting 1 mil a day. That's huge.

The 4x dark matter is a really big deal too for an empire that is constantly running max expedition slots.

Discoverer brings fleeting to more passive/defensive players. It also is great for free players who don't usually buy much if any Dark Matter.

I'm not necessarily saying the Discoverer is optimally balanced for every player and playstyle and that no tweaks/adjustments are needed. Certainly cheaper moonshots don't seem a horribly game breaking perk.

But they are not a bad class. They can be very fun/powerful if played right.

Title was edited to correct format ~ Silverwind

When I started on this universe as a poor fledgling little snapping turtle, a big bad meanie came along and blew up my 7 rocket launchers and took my stuff. Now as a maturing snapping turtle I noticed he's about 100 ranks behind me, and a bandit. So I decided to take a bite out of him:

IPM Assault ensued but wasn't properly documented so edited out ~ Silverwind

After my missiles cleared the way I crashed his fleet.

On 05-10-2017 --:--:--, the following fleets met in battle:

Attacker Andar Novaren [SPA]

Cruiser 45
    Battleship 10

Defender VidoQ [RST]

Large Cargo 1
    Light Fighter 43
    Cruiser 9

After the battle ...

Attacker Andar Novaren [SPA]

Cruiser 45 ( -0 )
    Battleship 10 ( -0 )

Defender VidoQ [RST]

Destroyed!

The attacker has won the battle!
    The attacker captured:
    17.000 Metal, 17.000 Crystal and 17.000 Deuterium

The attacker lost a total of 0 units.
    The defender lost a total of 445.000 units.
    At these space coordinates now float 126.000 metal and 44.800 crystal.
    The attacker captured a total of 51.000 units.

The chance for a moon to be created from the debris was 4%.
    The attacker(s) captured the debris.

Summary of profit/losses:

Summary attackers(s)

Metal: 143.000
    Crystal: 61.800
    Deuterium: 17.000
    The attacker(s) made a profit of 221.800 units.

Summary defender(s)

Metal: -332.000
    Crystal: -129.000
    Deuterium: -35.000
    The defender(s) lost a total of 496.000 units.