I have stepped down from Game Admin and now in to role as GA helper - basically i will be helping out all aspects of the Game Team.
We would like to congratulate Fox on his promotion to SGO
We would like to welcome a new GO to the team
Hello All Players
Due to some recent changes made by OGN on IRC game staff will not be able to discuss any account issues or account bans on IRC.
to have your account issues or bans discussed you will need to submit a ticket for the GO at http://support.us.ogame.gameforge.com/
This also includes the Support channel as well
We can still answer general game play questions on IRC but anything related to your accounts will need to be handled by ticket system
we will update this if any changes occur, sorry for any inconvenience
thanks for your understanding
The game's community management reserves the right to have exceptions to these rules. In special cases (e.g. during events) game rules can be changed or suspended. The user group concerned will be informed when and if this is the case.
- The use of a proxy, VPN, or any other method of hiding a player's identity in the game interface is forbidden.
- The use of a proxy for the purpose of being able to create a link between the game and the player in cases where it would not be possible to connect to the game in any other way is permitted only with prior permission from the game team. A support ticket must be submitted, and permission granted as soon as possible, or you risk a ban of your account. This includes regular use as well as emergency use.
11. Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions are supplemented with these rules, and must be abided by at all times.
Terms and Conditions
Updated on February 4, 2021 to reflect a wording change made in-game (changed "are completed with these rules" to "are supplemented with these rules"). ~Queen Leo
10. Breach of the Rules
Any kind of breach of the rules will be punished with warnings up to permanent ban of the account. The corresponding Game Operators decide the type and duration of punishments and are contact persons for bans.
- If you have been banned for something, and you wish to discuss it with a Game Operator, you must open a support ticket. Discussing bans on the OGame.us forum is not permitted, and the game team will be unable to help you unless you put in a ticket.
- Attempting to obtain personal profit from a game team's decision is not permitted.
- Impersonating game team or board team members is not permitted.
- Using any means to attempt to obtain another player's personal information or login information is not permitted.
The game’s publisher reserves the right to exclude players, who are not able to speak the game’s respective native language (e.g. in the game, forum or on the Discord server). Other permitted languages will be listed in the official game forum.
The only acceptable language in public areas at OGame.us is English. All personal messages, alliance applications, and external alliance content must be written in English. Internal alliance content may be written in non-English, but it must not violate any of the other rules (insults, swearing, etc.).
Updated the GF Language rule on September 3, 2019 to reflect the new wording. ~Queen Leo
Updated on February 4, 2021 to reflect wording changes in-game (removing IRC and replacing with Discord). ~Queen Leo
8. Insults and Spam
Any kind of insult and spam are not allowed.
- Comments that may damage another player's integrity are forbidden.
- Swearing at a player or using offensive language is not permitted.
- Your player name and planet and moon names must not be insulting or offensive. If they are deemed to be offensive by the game team, they will be changed and/or you will be warned or banned, depending on the severity of the infraction.
- Offensive alliance content will be removed, and the founder may be warned or banned, depending on the severity of the infraction.
- Anything intended to saturate another player's interface is not permitted; this includes, but is not limited to, spamming personal messages, probe spam, overview spam, and advertising other games or other content in-game.
- If you are found to be sending or posting offensive messages, insults, or spam, your content may be censored, or you may be given a temporary or permanent ban, depending on the severity of the infraction.
7. Real-Life Threats
Implying that you are going to locate and harm another player, team member, Gameforge representative, or any person that might be related in any way to any of the game services is forbidden.
Using a bug for anyone's profit intentionally or not reporting a bug intentionally is strictly forbidden. Using a programme as an interface between the player and the game is prohibited. Any other form of automatically generated information created for malicious misuse is forbidden as well. Exceptions are listed in the forum of the game.
Examples of bugusing include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Causing an intentional lag to a player or on the servers in any fashion is not permitted.
- Using any method to prevent a player from sending, recalling, or slowing his fleet is not permitted. One example of this is espionage missions that reach the planet or moon that is under attack within the last
520 seconds of the attack.
- Attempting to circumvent the function of the sensor phalanx by spamming a single location with missions is not permitted. However, the following is permitted.
- The defender is permitted to send an unlimited number of his own fleets to one of his own planets, in order to fill the phalanx.
- The defender may ask up to 4 other players to send up to 10 fleets each to the defender's location, in order to fill the phalanx. The 4 other players must all be in the defender's alliance, and must have been members of the alliance for at least 72 hours prior to the phalanx-filling mission.
- The maximum number of fleets at that location will be 40 from other players, plus all of the defender's own fleets.
- It is the responsibility of each player to ensure that he does not exceed the maximum number of fleets; if more than 10 fleets are sent from 1 player, or more than 40 from the combined 4 players, this will be considered bugusing.
Using bots, macros, automated scripts, etc. will be treated as scripting unless otherwise expressly approved by Gameforge. The tools found in The List of Tolerated Addons, Tools, Scripts & Skins are the only in-game tools that are legal to use.
Updated the GF Bugusing/Scripting rule on November 29, 2021 to reflect the new wording.
No account is allowed to obtain unfair profit from the resources of a lower ranked player. Pushing is defined as, but not only limited to, the following: resources sent from a lower-ranked account to a higher-ranked one with nothing tangible in return.
Setting up a battle to enable a higher-ranked account to obtain profit from a lower-ranked account or manipulating trade ratios for a higher-ranked account to gain an advantage through a lower ranked account are considered an unfair profit.
Trades, recycling help & ACS splits must be completed within 72 hours.
For all exceptions (bounties, etc.) a Game Operator should be informed via the Support system (https://ogame.support.gameforge.com/index.php?fld=us).
- All trades, recycling help, and ACS splits must be completed within 72 hours; if you need extra time to complete a trade, you must inform a Game Operator of the reason and request for additional time, using the ticket system.
- Trade ratios must be between 3/2/1 and 2/1/1; trades outside of those ratios will be considered pushing. (For example, if you buy deuterium from a player at 3/2/1, you will pay 3 metal OR 2 crystal for each 1 deuterium.)
- For universes with Lifeforms active, players can donate food to other players without limit, but cannot be used in trades for metal, crystal or deuterium (where the resource receiver would be higher ranked).
- If you have been banned for pushing, you will need to send the amount of resources that you were pushed to a Game Operator. If you are not contacted and told how much to send and where, please contact your Game Operator through the ticket system to find out.
- Higher-ranked players may give free moonshots to lower-ranked players, and the lower-ranked players may keep the debris, but if a lower-ranked player is providing moonshots to a higher-ranked player, the higher-ranked player must pay for the cost of the moonshot using ratios between 3/2/1 and 2/1/1.
- It is recommended that you submit a ticket anytime a lower-ranked player is transporting resources to a higher-ranked player, even if it's just for recycling help or an ACS split. Doing so may prevent you from being banned.
- Players may only receive an ACS split if the ships contributed had a significant impact on the outcome of the battle. In other words, sending 1 large cargo to a big fight is not sufficient to warrant a portion of the profits.
- If you unexpectedly receive resources from a lower-ranked player, you are not permitted to keep them. It is your responsibility to return the resources to the player that sent them, and to notify a Game Operator of the attempted push. If you do not notify us, and you keep the resources, you will be banned.
Updated the GF Pushing rule on September 3, 2019 to reflect the new wording. ~Queen Leo
Updated the OGame.us clarifications on October 28, 2020 to remove Nusakan as a chaos universe (where pushing was permitted), as it was closed as a result of the recent merge. ~Queen Leo
Updated on February 4, 2021 to match the minor wording change made to in-game rules (the way the Support system link is displayed). ~Queen Leo
Updated on August 1, 2022 with lifeform-specific clarifications. ~Rav3n
You are not allowed to attack any given planet or moon owned by an active player, more than 6 times in a 24 hour period. This rule also applies to moon destruction missions. Probe attacks and interplanetary missile attacks do not fall under the bashing rule. Exceptions are universes where active looting with probes is possible.
Bashing is only allowed when your alliance is at war with another alliance. The war must be announced in the relevant OGame forum and must comply with the forum-specific rules.
A bashing investigation will only proceed if a player is reported.
- All Moon Destruction missions count towards bashing, regardless of the battle or moon destruction outcome.
- If, within any 24-hour period, a moon is destroyed by a player, a new moon is created at the same coordinates, and the same player sends more Moon Destruction missions (for a combined total of 6 or more to the same coordinates), the player sending the Moon Destruction missions must submit a ticket and include the API codes of all of the Moon Destruction missions. In the event that the Moon Destruction missions are being sent by a group of players, if any single player sends more than 6 Moon Destruction missions to the same coordinates in any 24-hour period, even if the missions were to two unique moons, that player must submit a ticket containing the API codes for all of the Moon Destruction missions that he or she sent.
- Probe attacks in universes that have espionage probe storage enabled do count towards bashing regardless of the amount of resources that were stolen or the amount of probes sent in the attack.
- Attacking fleets that are completely destroyed do not count towards the bashing limit.
- Every universe in OGame.us has a bashing limit of 6 attacks in a 24-hour period, as described above.
Updated the GF Bashing rule on September 3, 2019 to reflect the new wording. ~Queen Leo
Updated the OGame.us clarifications on October 28, 2020 for post-merge changes (removed universes that were closed, removed the list of specific universes with probe storage on). ~Queen Leo
Updated the OGame.us clarifications on November 21, 2020 for changes related to moon destruction missions (second bullet point). ~Queen Leo
Updated on February 4, 2021 to reflect minor wording changes made to the in-game rules (removed redundant words). ~Queen Leo
Updated on February 18, 2021 changed the order of the clarifications for a better understanding of the rules. ~v0ldem0rt
3. Account Sitting
"Account Sitting" enables a player to allow another player to "sit" their account, i.e. caretake it in their stead.
An account may be sat for a maximum of 48 hours.
Account sitting is only permitted using "Sitting Codes", which are available in the Lobby. While the account is being sat, it cannot carry out battle activities with other players.
Lobby details cannot be passed on to other players. Any infringement on these rules may lead to a permanent ban for the Lobby account for account sharing.
- You must use the "Generate sitting code" function in your Lobby, located in the top right corner of your game screen, within the dropdown menu next to your email address. Your account sitter then gets into your account using the "Enter sitting code" function located in the same dropdown menu. You are not permitted to give your Lobby login details to another player. If you do so, we will not be able to support you in terms of getting your Lobby back if it is taken out of your control.
- If you have trouble with the account sitting process and need help, please contact your Game Operator at ogame.support.gameforge.com/us.
- The account sitter may place the account into vacation mode.
- The account sitter may recall a fleet that is already in flight at the time of the account sitting.
- The account sitter may not launch espionage missions, ACS attacks, ACS defends, or moon destructions.
- The account sitter may not remove the account from vacation mode.
Updated the GF Account Sitting rule on September 3, 2019 to reflect the new wording.
Every player is allowed to control a single account per universe. If two or more accounts are usually, occasionally, or permanently being played from the same network (e.g. schools, universities, internet cafés) it is highly recommended to notify a Game Operator in advance at ogame.support.gameforge.com/us.
- If you and another player in the same universe live together or play on the same network/IP address for any reason, either temporarily or permanently, you must notify a Game Operator through our ticket system.
- If you share a network/IP address with another player in the same universe, you may trade resources using approved trade ratios, be in the same alliance, ACS defend each other, or fly in ACS attacks against another player together. You may not attack each other for any reason.
- If you share a network/IP address with another player in the same universe, each player may only control his or her own account, from his or her own device, and neither player is permitted to play the other player's account.
Reverted back to the previous list of actions that are and are not allowed when sharing IPs to reflect the most recent change (June 9, 2020).
The owner of a game account is the owner of the Lobby account where the game account is located.
Each account is entitled to be played by a single player at any time, account sitting being the only exception.
Game account exchanges to another user are only permitted using the ‘Account Gifting’ function within a Lobby account.
Lobby accounts cannot be transferred to others.
- Account giveaways and takeovers are now done entirely by players within their own Lobby accounts. The person giving an account away uses the Generate Gifting Code function in the Lobby and gives the code to the new owner, who uses the Enter Code function in his own Lobby to take the account over.
- It is not permitted to give your Lobby account's login information to another player; if you do so, we will be unable to offer you support in the event that anything happens to your game accounts as a result.
- If a player has two accounts in the same universe on the same Lobby account, one of two scenarios must occur:
- If a second account was obtained in the same universe where the player already had an account, the old account needs to be set to delete and the player has 7 days to find it a new owner. If a new owner is not found within 7 days, the account must be allowed to delete.
- If a player has two accounts in one universe on the same Lobby account as a result of a merge, the second account may remain on the Lobby as long as the player does not log in and does not remove vacation mode. We strongly encourage players in this situation to give one of the accounts away, but it is not required to delete one of them.
Updated the GF Accounts rule on September 3, 2019 to reflect the new wording.
Updated the OGame.us clarifications on October 28, 2020 to move a clarification that was needed after the 2018 merge and provide info about a Lobby with two (or more) accounts on it.
The following points are valid for all the Universes listed at OGame.us. The rules have been established to allow all players to enjoy fair gameplay within their universes. Please note, that for data confidentiality reasons, complaints and inquiries regarding particular accounts will only be discussed with their owners.
For the specific rules, or if you have any questions or are unsure about anything to do with the rules, you can read about it in the OGame forums.
This thread includes all OGame.us rules and clarifications. These rules should permit players to enjoy fair gameplay within their universes.
In-Game Rules and OGame.us Clarifications:
- Account Sitting
- Real-Life Threats
- Insults and Spam
- Breach of the Rules
- Terms and Conditions
If you have questions or concerns about a rule, please contact your Game Team using the support system.
Edited on August 1, 2019 to repair all of the links that broke after the upgrade to WBB5. ~Queen Leo
Updated on February 4, 2021 to reflect slight wording changes made to the rules in-game, such as removing references to IRC. ~Queen Leo
IP from person declaring war does not match any Trade account in barym - it matches a different alliance
thread closed as moderators are not around at present to do so
Hi. Our sysadmins activated a tiny nice protection against to many login tries from one IP. Currently your IP will be blocked for 3 hours if you have 10 wrong logins from one IP. After this time you can login again. It is also blocked from portal and forum login.
Looks like that:
Very Nice hit here by all players
it was funny in team chat with KAG when the fleets were launched and post his nana nap - then to have him rant and rave about the DF
good times by all
FR to all players and thanks for the dedication