Block top 50 from Auction Boosters

• Skylance's note about my bids are true. I've stockpiled 90ish items in the past week or so. What is not mentioned is that his alliance is #1 with all the highest ranked active fleeters. They won most of the auctions and some of their members bashed anyone that bid against them into oblivion. They also declared war on most other alliances so they could do this around bashing rules. Result = players quit and uni shrinks.

So I am bidding stupidly and blocking them from the exact action that motivated this suggestion and an older one making bids anonymous. We're at war, so why not? I didn't plan to mention specifics, but thanks Skylance for helping me to illustrate why the auction house is so badly broken and abused.

well, I'm not sure who started to send blind IPMs when a guy only went for fleet/cargo/res instead of bashing.

and kicking all the less active players so that someone can troll while others are hiding in vm.

so let's not go there and try to cry over the war.

one thing that I do not like bidding going annoymiously is due to friendly bidding though... someone **cough cough Shadyj09 does that regardless but it'd minimize it for sure.

it's a war game and the auction is open market and daily import/export is private one that you always wins.

and If I really wanted, I could bid like 10kk res on bronze boosters and still get profit off from it due to high lv mines.

There are many ways to turn the table other than illegal bots or putting huge sums of money into it.

But really, restricting Items for higher ranked player will just mean no one can win the auction in old uni's.

If you know when it ends, you can just click it once and get it at the last min.

There's a guy in Jap that wins 90% of auction items when he's on so I know it is possible;

to me, the the only questions I ask myself is 'Is this item worth my 5mins of every hour?"

ogame-sig.png

• War goofiness aside, as it doesn't belong here... Forget Uriel as its well past its prime..

Not a single comment about how unbalanced %boosters are? How bidders have been bashed to stay away from auctions to keep it as unbalanced as possible? How both those facts add to driving players out of the game?

"Other players can win bids" does not negate the unbalanced design nor does it refute that some players get bashed and quit after trying to.

I'm rather sick of "Its a war game" as a justification. Any game should want its game mechanics to encourage players to stay and play, not justify reasons a % of them quit. The only salient point made so far is old Unis with very few players (I would suggest the current auctions are part of how they get that way), and have revised the suggestion to a % of active players perhaps use that everywhere.. and make it 10% perhaps instead of top 50. That would be fine..

• War goofiness aside, as it doesn't belong here... Forget Uriel as its well past its prime..

I think someone's saltiness is showing. Now "Everything but, what I play in"?

Not a single comment about how unbalanced %boosters are? How bidders have been bashed to stay away from auctions to keep it as unbalanced as possible? How both those facts add to driving players out of the game?

Perhaps calm down before coming off as irrational? Boosters are merely a percent of production, which numerically will always be higher for a higher level mine (20% of 40 Metal > 20% of 20 Metal in added output). However, the next-level-cost also increases significantly offsetting this. It's not designed to give the same numeric amount to any player. Do the math. That the raw numbers are higher in later development does not equate to "unbalanced".

To your unrelated tangent about other bidders: Since evidence can show that other winning bidders have not been "bashed into oblivion"; your assertion of causality is invalidated. So, there's probably a/some different underlying cause(s).

Si, since the assertion's false, the conclusion is in error.

"Other players can win bids" does not negate the unbalanced design nor does it refute that some players get bashed and quit after trying to.

Since "other players can win" is true, then it does "negate the unbalanced design". You've since changed your "It's not fair" screed from the process to the item to the process Or is your latest assertion that both are "unfair"? Spoiler alert about life.....

I've addressed the last bit of this above

I'm rather sick of "Its a war game" as a justification. Any game should want its game mechanics to encourage players to stay and play, not justify reasons a % of them quit. The only salient point made so far is old Unis with very few players (I would suggest the current auctions are part of how they get that way), and have revised the suggestion to a % of active players perhaps use that everywhere.. and make it 10% perhaps instead of top 50. That would be fine..

You're sick of the truth? The game mechanics are chock full of things that encourage, shall we say, aggressive interaction. They also provide communication tools for other types of interaction. By design it is a combat strategy game. Different folks have different ways to use. However, you neglect a very real fact in coming to your conclusion of "it's not fair". The developers roll out new universes periodically, with different parameters - speed, economy, % to DF, DTDF, etc. People move, and leave "older" universes. Also, something called "life" comes up for some folks and says "Maybe I can't dedicate X% of my time with a job/wife/kids/hobby/pet..." Pretty sure that an exit poll of leaving players would not list "the auction is unfair" in the Top 10 of "why you're leaving". Especially if they're hopping into the next universe created. If Gameforge did not roll out periodical new universes; you'd see more sticking around in the aging ones.

• I do not deny Ogame is a game of war and aggression. The home page says it is.

I am tired of that being used as an excuse to justify aspects of the game that promote those already ahead and drive people to leave.

Oh wait.. I've said that several times already. Only one objective point made, and that's for old/small unis. I've granted that the suggestion doesn't work there. Any other points to make on topic?

• I really dont think the guy bidding 5M to OPEN an auction has much room to complain here.

bBvXPlH.jpg
    ~Thanks for the siggy Silverwind!~

• I do not deny Ogame is a game of war and aggression. The home page says it is.

I am tired of that being used as an excuse to justify aspects of the game that promote those already ahead and drive people to leave

So you're tired of people explaining what you allegedly know? You've deviated a few times from topic . You've shown that you're not really bothered by whatever you whined about in OP. Rather you're real focus is "I don't like the game mechanics, so I'm going to be a nuisance". Maybe learn some strategy other than "tantrum". Here's a refresher: the auction is not the reason for people to leave a server, nor is it a major source of "imbalance".