Slot 15 vs Slot 1 Which gives more RSS?

• I am trying to figure out what gives the MOST OVERALL RESOURCES, relocating planets to slot 15 for the fusion reactor setup OR relocating to slot 1 for the bonus crystal production.

Now the advantages to relocating to slot one (as i remember of the top of my head) include:

-High energy gains of solar sats. This means less solar sats power more buildings in slot 1. This lowers the amount of sats sitting on your planet which lessens losses when attacked by other players.

-30% more crystal. What I do not know here is if the 30% increase is on the base amount of crystal or on total crystal production.

Negative effect: The amount of Deuterium produced will be lower due to high average temperature.

The advantages (once again just pulling from my brain) of relocating to slot fifteen include:

-No solar sats needed. Never worry about getting sat smashed.

-Greater Deuterium production due to colder average temperatures.

Negatives: Much investment is needed into fusion reactors, plasma technology, and energy technology. Fusion reactors eat into some of the deut gains.

So what I want to know is the gains of 30% crystal and less sats but less deuterium in slot 1 BETTER than the increased deuterium production from slot 15. Please help! :confused2:

"Nature's creative power is far beyond man's instinct of destruction"

• using average temp for slot1 and slot15 you lose like 70-80% of your deut production.

because crystal mines increase in cost by 1.6 while deut by 1.5 per mine level that difference is even bigger. needing a few less sats isn't worth it, not unless the crystal boost hits around 80+% for me

• hi ... between the two slots, I choose slot 15. Because of:

- For years I use fusion reactors as the planet develops, it is true to consume deuterium, but I escape the care of a huge defense for the defense of several hundred or thousands of solar satellites:

- the deuterium produced in slot 15 is more valuable (in my opinion) than the crystal produced in slot 1: from deuterium in exchange they can extract about the same amount of crystal, conversely it is harder, and from a certain level of mines, deuterium it is produced in larger quantities.

This is my opinion.

• Actually, The slot 8 metal bonus out paces both the slot 1 and slot 15 bonuses. You are better off keeping all slot 8s and trading for the crystal / deut that you need.

XOs7XMZ.png

• I always start with all colonies in slot 8 cause the metal bonus is way to huge to miss.

On a later stage in the game I always switch to slot 15 with energy tec and fusion reactor.

Never made the math, but as I play with fleet, I do need all the deut I can get my hands on.

I do believe that if you manage to always get a 3 2 1 trade rate on the merchant, slot 15 is more profitable than slot 1.

• Having never done the math, i'm not sure why you believe that. I have done the math and after doing so.. I relocated ALL of my planets from slot 15's over to slot 8's. The new 30% bonus coupled with the value you get from metal vs the cost makes metal mines out-pace deut, even with non optimal trade values greatly. For the benfit of lazy people who want to just read what someone who hasn't done the math BELEIVES. i'll present the math below:

Metal mine production is determined via the following formula: {\displaystyle {\text{Production}}=30A\cdot M\cdot 1.1^{M}}
    Metal Cost {\displaystyle {\text{Cost}}={\text{Base Cost}}\cdot 1.5^{{\text{Metal Mine Level}}-1}}
    Base is 60 / 15, or a net of 90 metal
    Deuterium mine production is determined via the following formula: {\displaystyle D=A\times E\times (0.68-0.002\times T_{avg})}

Deut Cost {\displaystyle Cost={\mbox{Base Cost}}\times 1.5^{{\text{L}}-1}}
    base is 225 / 75 or a net of 375 metal
    Average slot 16 is -110C and average slot 8 is 50C. (plus you get bonus fields)

Without going Into the math you will see first and foremost that the PRODUCTION of metal has an exponent based on the level of your mine... but Deuterium production does not... this makes Metal by default have better scaling.. to help you understand this, lets look at a level 50 mine of each. You will also notice that the base cost is more than your trade ratio, this further increases the scaling deficit.

Slot 8 metal @ 50.
    Cost - 38.2 billion metal
    Production (8x eco) 4.3 million / hour

Slot 15 Deut @ 50
    Cost - 159.4 billion metal
    Production - 845 thousand. (multiply by 3 for trade ratio | 2.5 Million metal) / hour.

As you can see, for the same level.. you pay three times as much and get nearly half the equivalent resources for your slot 15 Deut mine. Now, what is the difference from 15 and 8 for Deut and for metal? That is really the trade off here. Well, Your 30% metal bonus here gives you almost 1M metal per hour. So, by moving your 50/50/50 planet from slot 8 to 15, you LOSE an equiv of 333K deut per hour in metal...

If your deut mine was at slot 8, it would make 544 thousand deuterium per hour, which yields you a net loss of 301 Deut. So, you are right! You DO get more deut equiv out of your slot 15. You get 3.7% more than you'd get out of ur slot 8!!! The trouble is, you are paying 4 times as much to build that mine. When you look at the return on investment, which is CRITICAL to whats optimal in building mines... So, let me guess you still think 3.7% is worth it? Bad news friend. I forgot to mention that your plasma tech gives you 3x the bonus to metal production than It does deut. Oh! so do your Crawlers! So if you go collector or have plasma tech, that 3.7% goes away VERY early on. Also, did I mention that you won't be able to use solar sats in your slot 15? Ok, so you go fusions, well even having to build that 1 extra level of fusion, which you could cover with 100-200 sats.. you ALSO lose that 3.7%, because you will be burning your extra deut to fuel ur fusion. After you factor in the cost to build the Duet mines, it will take you 3-5 years before the deuterium bonus pays for the cost of the mine, which means unless you've been building that fleet of yours since 2017... you haven't even STARTED paying for your fleet saves/attacks yet... you are still paying off your mine...

When you add it alll up! Your Deuterium mines end up being about -10% over a metal comparison, in the best possible situation. AND you get fewer slots AND just to get equivalent production you have to have about four times more invested in economy. So my 200kk points metal economy will let me trade for the same deut you would produce with a 600+kk economy. Crystal mines in slot 1, have the exact same issue.

Metal is currently the most efficient mine In the game due to the 30% slot bonus of position 8. Until that changes, ANYTHING else is a waste. No matter what you believe :Pal p

Side note, ALL slot 8's get the max metal production. The math above is with average slot 15's. But because planet temp is random.. you can have all slot 15ths that produce MUCH less if you are unlucky. So, you will need to send, on average 10 colony missions (or relocations) to each slot 15 that you plan to create to ensure you actually get an optimal temperature to maximize your Duet production.

XOs7XMZ.png