Cosmos Discussion

• is the merchant gone forever? cause that is gonna be a problem from my pov.

Since astro is required to develop a strong account, there is always high demand for crystals allround the universe, i have trouble finding crystals at 1:1 for deuterium...

I agree. At this moment, there is ZERO crystal for trade. My mining strategy has me focusing on my crystal mines because of this, and I am shifting tactics to deal with the SHORTAGE (none).

"If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

• Discoverer class needs tweaking. Our weaknesses make us easy farming targets, slower expanders, and the 500k dm to change class, we will be the first to leave the uni. And my :16 df harvests do not make up for being farmed every night despite 100% of my rss reinvestment in defense.

"If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

• Discoverer class needs tweaking. Our weaknesses make us easy farming targets, slower expanders, and the 500k dm to change class, we will be the first to leave the uni. And my :16 df harvests do not make up for being farmed every night despite 100% of my rss reinvestment in defense.

Discoverer - Needs some Adjusting

Comment on this thread please. It'll help the devs if all the feedback is in one place =)

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• well, I just quit here. Enjoy farming my top 20 account and I was nice and left my mines on and have some paid DM so it won't be deleted. I also rewarded a player with a nice slow attack with plenty of time to ninja for a free moon shot.

Also, the benefit to explorer here is the extra expedition slots. Find a merchant and you can make a lot of profit buying lots of resources and converting to crystal. Also, sell some of your special ships for profit. People will pay.

For new universes do not invest in defense until you get a moon there. Just keep building fleet and fleet saving and you'll be fine and if you mess up, you get a moon shot.

Hi, playing on the Octans server, the v7 on FR server (with more than 8000 players lol). As far as I am concerned, explorer is the must op class ever. All top players are playing it. Maybe you are doing it wrong ?

As for my experience as explorer, started 6 days after server openning, and I am already top 50 a week after.

I prefer not to see the merchant on this game anymore, but the price on the market for cystal is way to high :p I too adjusted my production for crystal as well.

For defense:
    I use a lot, don't forget your plasmas and gauss, and it should decrease a lot the people attacking you.

• Well, maybe they didn't understand the class I guess. We have a large percentage of world top fleeters in France and they mostly use the explorer class. Some started as General but they quickly change to explorer. Not a single top 20 isn't an explorer.

Why ?
    -The amount of ressources you get is really extra, you get to recycle pirate and aliens if you send the correct fleet and stop thinking about sending large cargos like older expeditions. Some day you can get a week of your mne production
    -You get a fairly nice amount of ship. As i said earlier i started 6 days after opening, so SUPER late relatively. I didn't build any ships at first but got to get top35 fleet. I build ships now to earn more and more against pirates and aliens now, and I safely keep my top. I also got 10 reapers, destructers and bombers while most of generals didnt even unlock the ships

The downside is that you need to do a fair amount of expeditions, and secure your df, would recommend to get far in a lost SS somewhere lol

Keep mining and unlock techs easily. I am top 15 in tech, i got the research network and for the building I got also 2 nanite, also have astrophysic 11. IN A WEEK !

Again I am not on cosmos, this is my experience from fr server Octans with more than 8500 players

Here is what a fight against aliens looks like after one week of playing:

Edited once, last by Kulssaka ().

• Thanks for the advice. I am still learning a LOT and this has all been very helpful. In Cosmos, so far, the Explorer class has not been a benefit (though my expos are bringing in millions of un-tradable metal) and the pathfinders are a great idea, but I have seen very few DFs in the 16 slot- I'll keep looking for my own when my fleet gets destroyed by aliens or pirates :)

Thanks for the Alien combat report Kulssaka . Looks more elegant in French.

Perhaps the benefit of the Explorer class will evolve with the time in Cosmos. Right now, knowing what I do, I should have located my planets far far away.

• Suggestion to devs, have an occasional "free relo" for planet relocations (especially in Cosmos) and a 2 chances to switch classes before you charge for DM. I know I'm not going to spend 500 dm on switching- but I would totally explore other classes if it was free. "free" = Dreaming

• is there still discussion about v7 going on? i havent been part of the discussions, but looked at the changes while playing cosmos long enough to form an opinion.

• Queen Leo mentioned that the Devs are reading this thread. I urge feedback. I will probably leave Cosmos soon also- the work to joy ratio is off- though I see the potential for fun.

• Suggestion to devs, have an occasional "free relo" for planet relocations (especially in Cosmos) and a 2 chances to switch classes before you charge for DM. I know I'm not going to spend 500 dm on switching- but I would totally explore other classes if it was free. "free" = Dreaming

I'd make it free once every 6 months :)

Also, I believe that this would bring more profit to GF in the future since people may grow fond of what they're given and thus pay for other perks and more swaps/relocations.