Discoverer - Bonus Field

• The 10% increased planet size needs to be retroactively applied to any planets colonized BEFORE the account switched to the Discoverer class. As it is now, high ranking players with several planets do not get to take advantage of this bonus unless they decide to abandon and recolonize. That would be extremely wasteful, especially for players who colonized mid slot planets for the size and then paid for Dark Matter to relocate them to slot 15 for increased deuterium production.

As it is now, Discoverer loses one of the class benefits simply because colonies are already established. None of the other classes have this issue. While some may say this isn't a big deal, it would be the equivalent of about 230 extra fields on my main account. That's an entire extra set of Astrophysics, which is the equivalent of 457kk metal, 913kk crystal, 457kk deuterium and 8 weeks of research time for me, and would be even more for people with larger accounts.

This change would actually allow the company to profit more off the class switching as there will be those who switch to Discoverer for the size boost, and then back to their original class.

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• some may say this isn't a big deal,

To me its a huge deal, The leak said 1000% more planet slots..
    10% may not seem like a lot, Yet 26 give or take extra slots means more buildings one can do.
    Planet slots are something you have to calculate out ahead of time so that you know what and how many buildings you intend to build.

In most cases 250 is easy to get to...
    I built this planet up in a few hours with some DM and about 500m or something in res...

This is my smallest built up amount at 189 slots... While I only have space for 324 at the moment...
    My largest filled slot planet is

While this planet is almost full, My others are ranging around 225 give or take a few.
    This planet with 244 slots filled, Is not anywhere near what I can build or want to build, I need another 20 to 30 slots to finish out some valubel research labs and other things. BTW all my planets have terra 10 or getting very close to that.

Its upsetting to have to pick and choose what I should build rather than just build till I can not build anymore!
    One could easily build robotics, research and ship yard up to 18 given some time. Yet we must use those slots for mines.
    Solar plants are worthless as they take way to many slots that can be used in other places.

While sats work great, and fusions is profitable when you have a slot 15...

Slots are pretty much valuable, Even more so when you send out 100 plus colony ships and still can not hit a slot above 250 and 1 288 and still not get the max. I ended up settling for a 269 for the shown planet above with terra 10 gives me 324...
    I may not fill those slots up this year, I am looking forward 5 years from now when I will need those slots.

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• kameljoe21 I agree. Slots are extremely important. I'm hoping the devs do read these suggestion threads. It feels strange that as an "established" player I'd lose out on one of the biggest perks of the Discoverer class unless I wanted to pretty much start my entire economy over from scratch

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• kameljoe21 I agree. Slots are extremely important. I'm hoping the devs do read these suggestion threads. It feels strange that as an "established" player I'd lose out on one of the biggest perks of the Discoverer class unless I wanted to pretty much start my entire economy over from scratch

A few of us waited till he got some conformation about what the % would be, Before we started any new colony.
    I had plans to scrap all planets one by one and rebuild them if it was going to be the 1000%

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• Well, I'm not worried about the TEST server itself, but for when the update goes live on the public servers. I don't get 20kk free dark matter to use on the live servers =P

Mr Zinn - Yildun