30 min cooldown on rec instabuild after being hit

• Recs are impossible to time on spy and flies, yes that's the risk with them, but there are the people who instabuild all the recs to collect all the loot. I'm suggesting a 30 minute cooldown on instantly completing recyclers in the shipyard for at least 30 minutes. This would give the attackers at least a little extra time to get the big chunk of res instead of the other way around... They can still slowly build them at normal speed, but to instantly complete them and recover nearly all your losses from your mistake is idiotic, makes the game pay to win, or in some cases pay to continue playing until getting crashed again.:dash:

Fly or Die!:sniper:

• Why just recs? Insta building def or fleet could be far worse than losing debris.

What about build items? Would those be restricted too?

Would the restrictions apply account wide, or just on that planet/moon? What about jump gates?

It's kinda a slippery slope when you start adding restrictions. Not to mention it's not always a mistake that causes a hit (RL is pesky, what with things coming up at the worst moments). At the end of the day, it's a game. If people want to pay DM to recover from a hit, why stop them? Keeps another player active and gives money for server upkeep.

And as you said, going for the hit on this type of crash is inherently risky, as your recs aren't necessarily going to be synced. What if someone in the same system instabuilt recs to cash in? Ultimately, deciding to fly with out of sync recs is a calculation you have to make before launching.

• I think since the build items can be bought in game using resources, that would be ideal to use, I wouldn't be upset at that, but I believe a dm use cooldown AFTER being hit would be ideal. I don't mind people wasting money dming a ton of defenses, their loss, because I almost always slow my attacks, as any good fleeter will do. I don't think it's a slippery slope, I believe it adds integrity to hits. Could make more people fleeters instead of turtles. Or implement faster recs, 2 hour flight for recs when your fleet takes 30 mins is a bit ridiculous lmao

• I think since the build items can be bought in game using resources, that would be ideal to use, I wouldn't be upset at that, but I believe a dm use cooldown AFTER being hit would be ideal. I don't mind people wasting money dming a ton of defenses, their loss, because I almost always slow my attacks, as any good fleeter will do. I don't think it's a slippery slope, I believe it adds integrity to hits. Could make more people fleeters instead of turtles. Or implement faster recs, 2 hour flight for recs when your fleet takes 30 mins is a bit ridiculous lmao

You get faster recs once you research hyperspace drive 15, my recs are faster than my large cargoes now lol

2dl63yw.jpg

Thank you Atina for the amazing signature.

• Research faster drives.
    There will never be a cool down on DM use. This would not be fair to those who can spend real money.
    If you do not like this just wait till the update comes out the reaper ship is going to be able to collect 25% of the DF during the attack. So you are going to have a lot of people who will not pick up small amounts of DF. As the cost to send out those recs will not be worth the fleet slot and their time when you have the New Ship!

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• Research faster drives.
    There will never be a cool down on DM use. This would not be fair to those who can spend real money.
    If you do not like this just wait till the update comes out the reaper ship is going to be able to collect 25% of the DF during the attack. So you are going to have a lot of people who will not pick up small amounts of DF. As the cost to send out those recs will not be worth the fleet slot and their time when you have the New Ship!

Again, 1 month old server.

"Fair to those who can spend real money"? Seriously? Lmfao funniest thing I've read yet.

• Again, 1 month old server.

"Fair to those who can spend real money"? Seriously? Lmfao funniest thing I've read yet.

Get used to it. New severs are where people spend money right away, Try having an account for 8 years and you will understand the DM usages. DM usage is the back bone for many accounts and if you add cool down times it will stop the flow of money!
    There will never be a DM cool down for anything.... GF is about making money.
    If you want to get all of that DF then increase you drive research and send rec out in the correct time. Complaining and thinking up new rules to make it easy for you will not fly!

Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• There should be an server setting for toggling of instant build in shipyards alltogether (that can be voted over on universe launch)

And this is comming from an person willing to spend tens of millions of DM, cause you can instant shipyard i always asume a person would spend like me and im always paranoid of defence ninjas or i dont bother doing attacks att all if i can't time recs. This takes away alot of the fun in the game.

And since i use so much DM myself i can say for sure i use almost no DM on instanting ships/defence, the reason for this is that with 1 sec build time, you barely use DM to do it, i end upp spending far more on instanting research and so on.

So the one function ruining the game and lowering the player count in multple universes is acctually a fuction that makes gameforge very little money overall, id say they lose more on quitting players that would just get officers than they earn on whales instanting ships.

• Get used to it. New severs are where people spend money right away, Try having an account for 8 years and you will understand the DM usages. DM usage is the back bone for many accounts and if you add cool down times it will stop the flow of money!
    There will never be a DM cool down for anything.... GF is about making money.
    If you want to get all of that DF then increase you drive research and send rec out in the correct time. Complaining and thinking up new rules to make it easy for you will not fly!

I understand dm usages, but copping our after being hit is just pathetic, humble opinion. I congrats people when they hit me and go about my day rebuilding, unless I already have recs then I go for the debris.

• I understand dm usages, but copping our after being hit is just pathetic, humble opinion. I congrats people when they hit me and go about my day rebuilding, unless I already have recs then I go for the debris.

So if you had the ability to build more recs, you'd do so to grab more DF. I'm sure if you had detroids, you'd use them too. If you use DM for geologist who gets you enough extra production to make 10 more recs, should we also have a lockout on geologist ability after a hit? It's helping you "steal" the DF!

What if someone got their DM through expos alone and was saving up, but made a mistake and got hit. Are they supposed to just shrug and leave the DF even though they have the means to get it?

Not to mention the fact that this game is half dead as it is. Why push something that will make more players want to leave?

Once again, either time your recs or know DF could be stolen (by anyone).

• Insta-building ships in general doesn’t really bother me. Insta-building recs bothers me a lot. I don’t think it could be a cool down after attack unless there was a DF limit, or you could just probe attack people to cause their cool downs to increase and annoy them.

I’d be in favor of disabling insta-build for recyclers only. Won’t happen, but a lot of people have complained about this issue for a long time.

+1

"None could guess my confusion, my host of deluded illusions and elusive delusions! A mantle of marble hiding a crumbling core of sandstone. See how they stare at me, wondering, all wondering, at my secret wellspring of wisdom..."

Edited once, last by AnomanderRake ().

• Timing recs is part of the process. The game is dead now, but there used to be a fear of someone closer to your target noticing and beating you to it. I have more gripe with insta defense than getting your debris snatched - because that has always been a part of the game already. Don't want debris snatched? Don't take the risk then. You made the choice knowingly and you're sad your gamble didn't pay off. Its just like gambling if the hit will land or if they'll fleetsave.

• Because detroids are bought in game with resources (normally) and dm to speed recs after you just got reemed, it's just petty

Detroid item DM sales happen every month or two. Anyone could stock up on them for a discount (and possibly cheaper than using DM to insta build).

The only difference is one requires prior stockpiling, but the ultimate outcome is the same.

• Because detroids are bought in game with resources (normally) and dm to speed recs after you just got reemed, it's just petty

I buy a lot of detroids all the time with DM. I do this because they are handy for the small stuff!

Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif