30 min cooldown on rec instabuild after being hit

• Why are people okay with Detroids speed-building Recs, but not DM, when they're okay with DM being used elsewhere?

Personally I am NOT ok with using detroids for the same purpose. Insta-building recyclers should not be allowed.

Timing recs is part of the process. The game is dead now, but there used to be a fear of someone closer to your target noticing and beating you to it. I have more gripe with insta defense than getting your debris snatched - because that has always been a part of the game already. Don't want debris snatched? Don't take the risk then. You made the choice knowingly and you're sad your gamble didn't pay off. Its just like gambling if the hit will land or if they'll fleetsave.

No, no, no. Timing recs is part of the process, that’s true. Others stealing debris has also always been part of the calculation. But there are many targets that are very frequently online. Another big part of the process used to be study. Study to meticulously compile a targets online times. After a while, once you are confident you had a nice 1 hour window, you’d launch. The target would come online but then you would begin the game of him building recyclers a few at a time. 15 min after hit you’d see his first pickup. 15 recyclers worth. 12 minutes later you’d see round 2, this time 34 recyclers. 12 minutes later you see a pickup of 75 recyclers worth. Etc.

Now, 6 minutes after the target comes online you see him pick up ALL the debris.

The problem with your thought that this is just a timing issue and a risk you just have to take is it basically makes certain, very active people unhittable. At least at a profit. A lot of really good crashes are not profitable without capturing most of the debris. The instabuild recycler mechanic simply changed gameplay. Most of the changes they have made are for player convenience, should they choose to spend a little money. This particular one had a massive impact, intended or not. I would argue it’s one that contributes to the game’s decline. Not the *cause*, but it definitely isn’t helping that you’ve largely taken away the benefit of studying and finally crashing that guy who’s always online.

"None could guess my confusion, my host of deluded illusions and elusive delusions! A mantle of marble hiding a crumbling core of sandstone. See how they stare at me, wondering, all wondering, at my secret wellspring of wisdom..."

• I see what you all are saying, Yet you FORGET THAT JUMP GATE STILL WORKS AND NOT EVERYONE KEEPS THEIR WHOLE FLEET IN ONE BIG PILE.

If people are insta building recs then you need to change your game play!

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• No, no, no. Timing recs is part of the process, that’s true. Others stealing debris has also always been part of the calculation. But there are many targets that are very frequently online. Another big part of the process used to be study. Study to meticulously compile a targets online times. After a while, once you are confident you had a nice 1 hour window, you’d launch. The target would come online but then you would begin the game of him building recyclers a few at a time. 15 min after hit you’d see his first pickup. 15 recyclers worth. 12 minutes later you’d see round 2, this time 34 recyclers. 12 minutes later you see a pickup of 75 recyclers worth. Etc.

Now, 6 minutes after the target comes online you see him pick up ALL the debris.

The problem with your thought that this is just a timing issue and a risk you just have to take is it basically makes certain, very active people unhittable. At least at a profit. A lot of really good crashes are not profitable without capturing most of the debris. The instabuild recycler mechanic simply changed gameplay. Most of the changes they have made are for player convenience, should they choose to spend a little money. This particular one had a massive impact, intended or not. I would argue it’s one that contributes to the game’s decline. Not the *cause*, but it definitely isn’t helping that you’ve largely taken away the benefit of studying and finally crashing that guy who’s always online.

If you didn't send recs early enough, you didnt time it well enough. End of story.

• Fair enough. I wouldn’t listen to me anyway. No idea what I’m talking about.

"None could guess my confusion, my host of deluded illusions and elusive delusions! A mantle of marble hiding a crumbling core of sandstone. See how they stare at me, wondering, all wondering, at my secret wellspring of wisdom..."