New beginnings - discussion thread

• Question regarding the adjustment to crawler settings bonus change to 0.0002, is this correct, and does this mean each crawler adds this, if so you’d need 10k crawler for a 2% increase in resources, which is pretty rubbish. Prongs can you confirm this?

Or am I missing something here?

2dl63yw.jpg

Thank you Atina for the amazing signature.

• From what I saw on the .EN thread and Discord, the 0.0002 is the number from the game code. Translates to 0.02% for us.

Also, there is a cap for how many crawlers you can benefit from. Is ((total mine levels)*8), so if you have 100 total mine levels, then you can have 800 crawlers active.

Runewielder posted the attached pic on Discord with some examples of the bonuses we can expect.

• so doese that means i can gain 30% when i have totaly 100 lvls on a planet ?

like 36-34-30 = 100 lvls ?

but i just saw something about we could get max 50% from crawlers ?

With 100 mine levels on a planet, you'd be able to have 800 Crawlers. So a 16% bonus for non-collector classes, or a 24% bonus for collectors.

As for the "Max 50%", I believe that was replaced with this approach in 7.1 to cap the crawlers based on total mine levels.

• Why has it been nerfed so much? Was x4 too big? And why to 0.5 not x2, discoverer class was always weakest it’s a shame

Grimm over at .EN ran a bunch of Expeditions with Discoverer over on the PTS (after 7.1 launched, but before this recent change to being a 50% buff instead of 400%). Was actually netting quite a bit of Res and DM.

5427-ogamediscoverer-jpg

With 6-7 expeditions running at a time, and several runs throughout a day, you could certainly make quite a bit from Discoverer before this change. Not sure if it was enough to compete with Collector before this nerf, but now it certainly doesn't seem to be enough.

Edit: Looking at Discord, may not have been a nerf. Instead a change in where some multipliers are in the formula. Not quite sure how that will impact Discoverer.

Edited once, last by CasualSAB ().

• CasualSAB Just a few things. I don't see the cost for sending expeditions listed on here. I don't see losses from Pirates/Aliens accounted for. The Scrap Merchant is listed at 65% return when it's 35% return. The DM results are greatly inflated due to the 9x event going on right now. Also all of these numbers are on a universe with the absolute highest possible rewards unlocked (#1 has 2.2 billion points). What fleet comp was he sending? I may be wrong, but it feels like these kinds of results are the "ceiling" on a max end server with an account that's been going for a long time. Balance is certainly important, but this feels like the kind of stuff < 1% of the player base could achieve

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• Caldsteven Good point, it's essentially the best case scenario for late game Discoverer, and is missing some information. Would be interesting to see more results from the newer servers.

• Caldsteven Good point, it's essentially the best case scenario for late game Discoverer, and is missing some information. Would be interesting to see more results from the newer servers.

I'm working on my own spreadsheet and I'll try to get it up by this weekend.

But just using what numbers I can find, here is some perspective.

If you send the maximum expedition points, and find a LARGE Metal Deposit (very low odds, 89% low, 10% medium, 1% large. So this is literally the BEST MAXIMUM case scenario) the returns are as follows:

Cosmos(new US server, #1 pt is 450k): 3kk Metal min - 6kk Metal max

Bermuda(old EN server, #1 pt is 2.2b): 12.5kk Metal min - 25kk Metal max

The Berumda rewards are over 4x greater simply because it's an older universe. So if we take those crazy high numbers from the spreadsheet above and reduce them to Cosmos levels (I know the Cosmos information and am assuming the other live v7 servers are near the same Rank#1 pts) that 2.9b Metal is closer to 725kk Metal over 474 expeditions on Cosmos but also doesn't account for ANY losses vs Aliens/Pirates/Blackholes.

So 474 expeditions, at 6 attempts per wave (so 79 waves) and approximately 2 hours per wave, means to get that amount would be 6 fleet slots taken up for 158 actual flying hours.

Mr Zinn - Yildun

Edited once, last by Caldsteven ().

• CasualSAB Okay. I still think nerfing from 400% to 50% is a bit too harsh (I think 200% would be a good number as it SHOULD be envied by Generals and Collectors, the same way Discoverers envy the Fleet Speed, Bonus Production, etc), but I also can see why GF may feel 400% is too powerful. This is from ~48 hours of running non-stop (except when I slept) expeditions.

p.s. Don't sue me Grimm.

Mr Zinn - Yildun