New beginnings - discussion thread

• classes? really? better be able to use more than a single class at a time.......

and honestly this is what buying DM and getting officers already does for players.

• classes? really? better be able to use more than a single class at a time.......

and honestly this is what buying DM and getting officers already does for players.

Think of the classes like an avatar and its skills, Like you pick Mage, Warrior, Or builder. You pick the class apply the skills and if you want to change you pay a small fee.
    I am guessing that the classes will be the same, The only thing is there is not skill points you need to apply, I would think from the post today you will get a set of skills that go to said class and the ships you build would be like those skill points. When you move to a new class you lose the class skills and not the ships. So you move to the next class and build some ships and then move on to the next class and build some ships. Which ever class fits your play style such as miner or fleeter and I guess that 3rd class is a mix in between you pick and keep there for a while until you need more ships from another class.

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• I'm hoping you can switch with either a Cooldown time OR DM to bypass the cooldown. Like, you can be Collector class and then in 30 days you can switch to something else, or pay DM to switch before the 30 days is up. That would be really nice

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• I'm hoping you can switch with either a Cooldown time OR DM to bypass the cooldown. Like, you can be Collector class and then in 30 days you can switch to something else, or pay DM to switch before the 30 days is up. That would be really nice

I doubt that there will be any cool down time, I am guessing that the classes switch will cost about 50k DM or something along that line, The cost of a relocation is awfully expensive and this does not happen very often. Any more than 50K dm to switch will pretty much not work. I still think 50k will be a stretch. The first pick should be free and any changes after that will cost you DM, If Its around 10k DM that would be better as you can get a lot more DM from the small switches.
    Going from one class to another will be bases on your needs, It looks like its going to be a miner fleeter and mix type classes and If a fleeter is using the miner class and wants to attack and needs the skill that comes with that class to expensive and most will forgo the switch and just use the skills off the current amount of ships they have, Switching classes will be more about building more ships than anything. That Is my guess.

Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• If it's gonna increase ogames monthly revenue , be sure they will snug it in

Why God, why God do I gotta suffer?

Pain in my heart carry burdens full of struggle

Why God, why God do I gotta bleed?

Every stone thrown at you restin' at my feet

Why God, why God do I gotta suffer?

Earth is no more, why don't you burn this mufuuka?

• This is a great idea! Will this be implemented into the already live unis or will this be put into effect on new ones?

This will be world wide when it comes out in a few weeks to a month!

Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• "Death Star will not be affected by the speed boost." Is this in reference to the speed boost from the️ General class, or all speed boosts? (i.e. Universe x2 fleet speed)

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• Only from the General class, not the universe speed.

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

• Prongs, since you are making the Bomber better, can you also look at the HF. I think that ship should increase it's rapid fire against probes to 25. In the universes with probe attacking all speed ships only have a current rapid fire of 5 against it and having a ship that specializes in their destruction would be nice

• That’s actually not a bad idea. With the return of cargo space in probes, players are forming massive probe farming fleets. The Heavy Fighter could easily fill the niche of “Probe killer”. Of course, it’s not an urgent need, but it’s one that deserves thought.

US Universe 1
    Played off-and-on since 2005

• The discovered class has some advantages:

It has more expedition slots.
    It allows you to collect a bigger loot from inactives (75% instead of the standard 50%).

Holy crap! Well, this just got a WHOLE lot closer of a competition for me on which Class to choose.

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• Gotta love GF, they can't even get the spelling of the class right. In earlier post it was Discoverer class. Now they call it Discovered class

• Thank you for pointing it, it's fixed.

I think that most of the people will read as well what really matters with the info that was revealed.

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

• Is the performance going to be better in the new patch? I'm not sure if it's just uni1 or all of .us, but there's some serious lag/connection issues when playing on universe 1, at least was around a month ago when I returned from my summer vacation, and I hear from some of my ally mates that it's still an issue occasionally.

• Is the performance going to be better in the new patch? I'm not sure if it's just uni1 or all of .us, but there's some serious lag/connection issues when playing on universe 1, at least was around a month ago when I returned from my summer vacation, and I hear from some of my ally mates that it's still an issue occasionally.

Is it a 10-30 second freeze on every new screen?

for example: Espionage report *freeze* Fleet Screen *freeze* Select Ships *freeze* Select Mission *freeze* Send Fleet *freeze* Overview Button *freeze*

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• I don't know what you have experienced, but it's often more along the lines of 5-10 seconds, sometimes the "connection reset" or whatever screen will come up, sometimes that screen will go away within 200ms but sometimes it needs a refresh. I don't think I had that many 30 second freezes. Still unplayable unless you're casually mining, with my probe farming I could add another hour to clicking through the pages because of this lag.

• 30 seconds is only the extreme end of the freezing. Normally it's about 5-10 seconds like you mentioned. Thankfully the 10+ seconds is pretty rare but has happened

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• Prongs Has there been any ideas put forward for Discoverer to add "Dedicated" Expedition fleet slots?

Such as +2 Fleet Slots but can ONLY be used for Expeditions? This might make even the people who don't normally bother with those missions do them since it wouldn't tie up their normal fleet slots.

Mr Zinn - Yildun