New beginnings - discussion thread

• 453-610bdcf931b3eefe4d2a457b3aebd001a7047e09.jpg

pirate andy

Lord of Cruisers

UserRank8_ogame_en_3a4159c80394fb52d367f7eb437f8bb1.gif

Likes Received779Posts787

You kind of feel if they’re making a PvE class/ship the expeditions need revamping. E.g.

Aggressive: higher chance of big battles that you can recycle

Exploration: higher chance of resources, but still pirate chance.

Search for intelligent life: higher chance of items, merchant etc.

I dunno, just seems pointless to have a PvE focus when expos are of limited value in high eco unis (the majority)

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• I am really looking forward to this update, i cannot wait until it is released. Shows there is a future in this game, giving it more depth, which for me is the most important thing.

2dl63yw.jpg

Thank you Atina for the amazing signature.

• This is gonna be awesome. I love when things get shaken up in a good way like this! I especially like a ship to help boost Expeditions. I know they're not really worth it in a 7x eco uni, but I still like doing them. Please I need something to fill up 20 fleet slots =P

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• The issue is that some a number of universes have players that already are to big to hit, and now having a ship that increases planet production they will be able to build them behind their fleet around the clock putting them farther and farther out of reach

• The issue is that some a number of universes have players that already are to big to hit, and now having a ship that increases planet production they will be able to build them behind their fleet around the clock putting them farther and farther out of reach

That was already the case, so I don't see how this changes that much.

• The increase for production is great, Not only does it give people a chance to build up their production.

Its compounded and anyone can do it...

You will see a lot of people doing it and turtles will be a thing again.
    Just means that you will need a larger fleet to take them out.

Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• That was already the case, so I don't see how this changes that much.

The problem is infinite, exponential growth. Now we're somewhat limited by mine cost eventually outpacing mine production, with the ship that increase production you have a static cost that when spent, basically gives you another mine worths of production on your planet. And that cost is relatively small. And once you upgrade that mine, the ship is now providing a mine boost on that new mine.

I remember when v6 was released, there was actually one complaint about the look of the new messages UI half a year before it was released to live. Nothing got changed, even if anyone with a brain should've seen that the v6 message page is garbage compared to anything prior. So if the leaks are true, I doubt GF will change the stats or frankly the purpose of the ship as a whole, as it makes sense to have a ship like that for a miner class. Not before it's too late, probably, which will be a day after this get released, since insta-build with DM is a thing.

• well, i see it as a tiny boost to everyone but won't change much as i know these new features won't surpass existing officers' function.

and i wonder if those classes can be swapped after a given cool down period. probably cost certain amount of DM as well.

personally, i was hoping for actual ships, not the classes so slightly disappointed.

but freebies are always good!!

ogame-sig.png

• Each class have its own ship.

• Hold up, maybe I'm confusing myself here. Are we choosing ONE of those 3 classes to "be" and we get access to that ship?

When I read 'class' I was thinking more Star Trek style where class just meant type of ship, not World of Warcraft specialization type. To be honest, either direction will be VERY interesting, but I'd love a clear answer on this part. Sorry if I'm the only one misreading this

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• At this point, we know as much about this as you do, but I believe you actually choose a class that you wish to be, then you gain the benefits (and ship) from that class.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• Ahhh, ok! That certainly changes things if that's the case. I guess I'll just have to be pertinent...proficient.... what is that "p" word that I'm horrible at... oh! Patient, I'll have to be patient.

Mr Zinn - Yildun

• Hold up, maybe I'm confusing myself here. Are we choosing ONE of those 3 classes to "be" and we get access to that ship?

When I read 'class' I was thinking more Star Trek style where class just meant type of ship, not World of Warcraft specialization type. To be honest, either direction will be VERY interesting, but I'd love a clear answer on this part. Sorry if I'm the only one misreading this

The class of ships is like avatars in other games.
    You pick the class and then apply skills to that class.. Here you will get the skills that apply to that class and and you can build the ships.

To switch you pay DM to change the class and get the new set of skills all while keeping the ships from the other class, You lose the skills yet keep the ships...

Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• oh.. i totally missed out on the details.. each class gets unique ship(s).

and Prong said those new features are only 'some of the features', so i'm hoping to see the whole picture soon.

the question is... will they have it ready before i decide to hibernation?

ogame-sig.png

• so have you seen the leak too?

There's no good way to answer that question. I know things and I cannot share them. The bits I'm permitted to share are the things you guys have legally seen. That's all I can say about it.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~