State of the Union - Wezn (Exodus Oct. 2020)

• Prongs has given us permission to begin discussions again. Your current settings are:

Eco x7, Fleet x2, 80% DF, 5 Galaxies, 0.5 Deut consumption, NO ACS, +30 fields, Espionage probe storage ON, 25k DM

The last two times we've run polls, you guys haven't been old enough to participate. You are just barely old enough now, so I'd like to include you IF you want to vote to try to change anything.

Your task now is to get your players here discussing what you might want to vote on to try to change. I don't know exactly how soon polls will be put up, but it will be a while yet, so you have plenty of time. Just to remind you, everyone needs to agree on one option to vote on alongside whatever the current setting is, for each setting that you wish to try to change. (So for example, if you want to try to change fleet speed, you will need to agree on one speed, say 6x, and in the poll your options would then be 2x or 6x.)

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• So unless I hear otherwise by Sunday, this is what I'll send forward to Prongs on Monday for the poll:

ACS: OFF (current setting)

ACS: ON

firma-2.jpg

• ACS being enabled is the big thing we need atm.

Outside of that, the only thing I can think of is turning DiDF on at 30%. Anyone else from Wezn got any thoughts on DiDF?

• We can put it on the poll; it may not pass, but then at least you tried. So this is what I should put forward to Prongs on Monday?

Defense-into-Debris-Field: 0% (current setting)

Defense-into-Debris-Field: 30%

firma-2.jpg

• Yeah the ACS being off was the reason I joined, thinking at least it would even the playing field because I assumed the combat system worked a different way, aka fleet stacking didn't have as much of an effect and you could still chip away at a person's fleet, ie 2000 light fighters vs. 50,000 cruisers would do damage instead of not.. But since this is my first playthrough I realized I just spent months playing in a universe destined to die for nothing.. All combined in my current alliance we stand a chance against the top players but individually not in a million years, so we really need ACS turned on before our migration to other universes becomes permanent... A lot of people that were enthusiastic about playing have also gone in vacation mode across the universe..

Plus, if you have heavy hitters already spending cash on dark matter, why let them go to waste? They'll be hesitant to spend again if you make the game to easy for them with no ACS and the universe dies out with nobody to compete against or everybody in vac mode..

I also personally wouldn't mind allocating 1.5 million metal, 500,000 crystals and 250,000 deuterium to split up among 10 new players every week for 2 months with nothing to ask in return to boost the population of the universe again if people think the universe is too old and would rather not invest the time in it to play..

All they have to do is PM me, but after ACS is turned on..

• Sent to Prongs:

firma-2.jpg

• For me non-ACS is cool, and no Didf too.

My suggestions are to turn off esspionage cargo capacity and increse reserch speed if its posible.

• For me non-ACS is cool, and no Didf too.

My suggestions are to turn off esspionage cargo capacity and increse reserch speed if its posible.

I've already given everything to Prongs; I don't know if changes can still be made. The research speed isn't an option, since your economy is 7x. If there's interest in voting to turn off probe storage AND if it's not too late, I suppose we could add it, but that means you guys need to discuss this really fast and I probably need to get it to him early next week. I don't know when he plans on running the polls, but he's had the info for a week or two already.

firma-2.jpg

• Hey, guys!

Been lurking this thread and gave the idea a thought... here's my breaf conclusion:

Def in debris would be a bad idea in terms of server yummyness for the masses, because it would only enlage the gap between first few and the rest. Statistically, there are many large def in univ and only a handfull of fleets capable of proffiting. Would be a Instant mega-boost for the the top few.

On the other hand, acs would improve odds for a way larger number of players, making, thereby, the server more yummy and eventfull.

Thanks for reading this,

Cheers!

vYxx

• I can try.

Espionage probe storage: ON (current setting)

Espionage probe storage: OFF

firma-2.jpg

• Sorry guys, it was too late; the polls had already begun. You'll have to request this next time if you want to try to change it, and before I give him the information.

firma-2.jpg