State of the Union - Virgo (Exodus Oct. 2020)

• Man, y'all talking DiDF made me log into the forums from my phone.

100% against DiDF. Yes, there are large turtles, both active and inactive, that could be better farmed, but it comes at the potential cost of more vmode, less production, and/or less to crash. And with 98% of active fleeters in one alliance having the bulk of the ships, it seems kinda lopsided.

Uni is already dead enough without giving more players a reason to quit or go blue.

100% support max field increase. Will help long term planet growth with current eco speed.

• It is a players choice to build fleet ....MIne or Turtle..Fleeters are the most active players around..miners/turtles are not..perhaps 30% DIdf would make a few less turtles and a few more fleeters..just my opinion

• It is a players choice to build fleet ....MIne or Turtle..Fleeters are the most active players around..miners/turtles are not..perhaps 30% DIdf would make a few less turtles and a few more fleeters..just my opinion

Maybe in a more active uni, or with more variety in where the fleets are. Virgo has a super majority of ships sitting in one alliance, so I don't think there's an incentive to switch to building fleets when that just paints a bigger (50% bigger) target on your back.

Instead, I expect people will quit, vmode, or scrap defence and shut off overnight production. The first two just beat an already dying horse, and the last option slows overall growth of the uni. DiDF seems like a short sighted change to make a quicker/bigger profit off existing turtles (who will quit or vmode after y'all smash them).

Also you are correct that fleeters are most active, but some of us can't dedicate the same level of time to this game. I don't see those people magically getting more time to fleet because DiDF is on. I can tell you my preference is a fleeting style, but my current job just doesn't afford the level of activity required. DiDF won't change that for me.

• Okay, so unless I hear otherwise by Sunday, this is what I'm sending forward to Prongs Monday:

Fields: +25 (current setting)

Fields: +30

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• Fields: +25 (current setting)

Fields: +30

Eco speed: 7x (current setting)

Eco speed: 6x (and increase research speed to 12x along with it)

Defense-into-Debris-Field: 0% (current setting)

Defense-into-Debris-Field: 30%

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• as I said before, loosing economy over faster research time is stupid, researches now get super expensive and noone s gonna invest that much in super advanced researches over infrastructure.. for which both you need ressources. I would take more ress over faster research time at any time.

But I agree with this poll, let us give it a try.

• it is hard to disagree with a pol right

Well, when perhaps half of the active voting bloc is from one alliance...

But I'm good with the poll!

Also, I agree with Freak that sacrificing eco for research won't benefit the uni long term (same with DiDF). In a couple months it'll be barely noticeable with where research is currently at, while that extra production will be w constant benefit.