Do you consider lying to be bad?

• Do you believe lying is wrong or ok in some situations? I read an issue about a person complaining about having to pay extra in their rent because they have a cat. I mentioned that I’ve had two in door cats for years (now down to one) and I said don’t tell them and problem solved. Would you do the same?

• Depends on the situation. I too had a dog in my last apartment and never told the managers. They were non the wiser. However I feel like you should never lie in your personal life and relationship or to your boss. I have found being bluntly honest is not only easier for me in the long run but also easier on the other person's end.

bBvXPlH.jpg
    ~Thanks for the siggy Silverwind!~

• I never really lie. The last time I did was I lied to my girlfriend Scarlet Johansen about a gig I was helping the Rolling Stones pull off, but it was because this other girl, Natalie Portman, wanted to hang out with me and I was sorted interested to see how that might go.

But, as my buddy Keith and Mick told me, that after 50 odd years of rocking and rolling, honesty is the best policy...but an omission of facts isn't necessarily a lie.

On the flip side, Scarlet found out I was partying with Natalie and she broke up with me. In my defense Natalie and I were not doing anything unethical like...just having Jello shots with Keith Richards and that Dwayne Johnson guy down at this cute little bar by the water in New York.

So anyway, don't lie kids, and stay in skool.

ESeB8X4.png

• Well, I think this story contains many lies xD

Former TM - OGame.dk

• Well, I think this story contains many lies xD

Fine, I confess....Kieth and Dwayne weren't there, and it was just me and Natalie and it was a civil glass of wine. Please don't tell Scarlet, I went with this story because I didn't want her to think I was alone with the other woman.

Shame how whole story unravels

ESeB8X4.png

• sometimes it is fine to lie

If needed I to will tell a lie.
    The company I work for said months ago we have had a pay rise. I am still on minimum wage. also they messed up the income tax on everyone's wages and lies to us about that :cursing: it's almost £100 I owe in tax

bones2000.gif

|----------------------------\||__
    |.......The BEER TRUCK.... ||""\__,__
    |________________________l||___|__|
    |(@)(@)"""""""""""""""""""""""|(@)(@)**|(@)

• The company I work for said months ago we have had a pay rise. I am still on minimum wage. also they messed up the income tax on everyone's wages and lies to us about that it's almost £100 I owe in tax

If this story isn't a lie, it's very illegal, you should call the labour board. =O

ESeB8X4.png

• well, in terms of legal contract, like leasing/renting a place, i won't lie as it may get you into big trouble.

i know couple people who have to go through US customs every single time they cross borders just because they didn't claim their spendings/shoppings just to save like 5~10bucks on tax, and ending up spending at least 2hrs at border to go through security check.
    and other business owners that got bankrupt as they played w/ their expenses and got busted - big red line on gov. file.
    in my area, if you lie something about the rental agreement, like extra pet or having extra person occupying the place more than what's allowed, the owner can kick you out from the place w/o any issues.

but as for personal relationship and day to day stuff, i say it's upto you as people will be able to tell if you're a liar or not sooner or later
    and it'll come around and hit you hard when you push it too far.

i don't really say it to the face but i do take notes that 'this person's liability is only worth $10 as he lies just to save $10'

ps/
    @bones2000 i'd just call the gov't and let them do the hammering & find some other job that treats you better.
    let your tax money work for you once in awhile.
    you work to pay your bills & treat yourself&beloved not to be cheated/slave driven.

ogame-sig.png

• For work i will be saving up to go on a course to get an SIA license for security work. I know of a place thats always after people.

bones2000.gif

|----------------------------\||__
    |.......The BEER TRUCK.... ||""\__,__
    |________________________l||___|__|
    |(@)(@)"""""""""""""""""""""""|(@)(@)**|(@)