Zibal Discussion - opening June 27

• Well...speaking for all three of us collectively, we talked about playing around with the other settings some, but we ultimately decided against changing the df percentage and deut consumption. Our thinking was really that in any universe that will hopefully be at least somewhat sustainable, you need miners that will grow up enough to produce and sell deut to the fleeters, and you also need adequate amounts of "food" of all kinds in the universe for all of the accounts to "eat". (That's a crude way of putting it, I suppose, but unfortunately it's the truth.)

So here's the deal...if we create a universe that's got the settings we chose for it AND 50% deut consumption and 70% debris field production, then where's the challenge, and why in the world are the miners even going to play? They won't be needed to sell much deut, and with 70% dfs, they'd just get murdered every time they stuck their heads up, so why would they even bother?

We didn't want to create a universe that had no chance at all, so we went with these settings. There will be some challenges for the fleeters with standard deut consumption and dfs, and there will definitely be challenges for the miners with the fleet speed setting. However, both play types benefit from faster economic production and research speeds, and I think it will be interesting to see how this one plays out. I have some ideas of how it will be, but we'll see.

I'm sure that we'll be back to polls for settings again in the future, but we exercised our admin prerogatives and selected the settings this time. I'm really sorry if you're not happy with the settings - you don't have to play Zibal if you don't want to, and there will most likely be another new universe in a couple of months.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• Im gonna have to disagree with you Queenie, Jap is .5 deut and the fleeters there snatch up anything they can get deut wise.

The 70% DF helps offset the enormous advantage that the introduction of 7x (and 6 for this uni i guess) eco has given the miners, and ensures the fleeters always have enough res for trading. :) If they get murderd its due to sloppiness, not a high DF percentage.

X0YyR8S.jpg

Thanks Disaster for the siggy

]

• Duet consumption...
    well, .5duet makes a target profitable/worth raiding.
    even for a hardcore miner w/ tiny fleet like myself, 50% duet does make alot of difference as i always go for 2.5/1.5/1 ratio thing before i raid.
    something like.. 1M profit may end up being .8M, .6M profit w/ the fuel change.

with less duet per raiding attempt, fleeters will launch their fleet crossing their fingers to hit between the washroom break or something, thus burning up more duet than 100% consumption.

@ManSizedRooster
    i think one of the reasons fleeters in Jap get excited whenever they hear 'duet for sale' is due to lack of suppliers to fill up need for the giant fleet size.
    not to mention of total % of ppl in vm.

about DF..
    70% DF is just an overkill though it's a nice way to recycle own fleet when you are short on res/cash, as you need to find a target to fill remaining 30% to make it 100% res recycled w/ cost of tiny duet.
    and 30% seems low, and i personally think 40%~50% would be suitable/balanced.
    then again with 6x fleet speed, i think 30% might do the trick as attacker can make couple trips, only if there's lots of fish to catch.

fleeters will always have res to trade though not many will be generous to the duet suppliers and try to leech them @ 2-1-1.

Econ..
    for econ&research thing.. i think it's balanced as 6x econ +12x research = 7x econ&research.
    personal preference but don't see huge gap in there and faster research enables fleeters to get fast rec faster so i guess it's a win for fleeters as most miners have poor researches for some reason(i'm not.. i think at least..)

ps/yet.. i'm not getting into this uni as my hands are just too full.

ogame-sig.png

• If I can say something ...
    Eco always has an advantage over the fleet. If you're doing high econ, then you have to do high DF.
    eco x6 = 70% DF
    eco x2 = 30% DF
    However I would like to be uni typically to play for fun, eco x3, x4, fleet x6, 70% DF, x12 research, 0.5 deu, 5 galaxies

• However I would like to be uni typically to play for fun, eco x3, x4, fleet x6, 70% DF, x12 research, 0.5 deu, 5 galaxies

This would never be permitted to happen. Fleet speed can't be faster than economy (that's an edict from the folks at Gameforge).

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• That universe got messed up badly with GF's mess up with the 100milo res. less than a week into the uni, top 1 had 780k points XD

d7judzq-a275d0df-2b40-4a5b-838d-25ffaebdd0f4.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNTg5YjUyYTQtY2U2MS00YjdjLTlhZDAtYTFhYmYwYzQ0ZDFjXC9kN2p1ZHpxLWEyNzVkMGRmLTJiNDAtNGE1Yi04MzhkLTI1ZmZhZWJkZDBmNC5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.sidWSqcxxi57Z6VlCS_HjHK4s2O_J4wHsBZ9oFzh62Y

• Haha Himalia.. joke of serv. 5h After server start ppl had 20 cruisers :D ...

Hope this Zibal wont go same way...

Turn off DM? tnx

Why God, why God do I gotta suffer?

Pain in my heart carry burdens full of struggle

Why God, why God do I gotta bleed?

Every stone thrown at you restin' at my feet

Earth is no more, why don't you burn this mufuuka?

• Guys DM will never go away. Either deal with it or stop joining unis and complaining that someone build crap with what they paid for. Part of the game adapt to it already.

• Guys DM will never go away. Either deal with it or stop joining unis and complaining that someone build crap with what they paid for. Part of the game adapt to it already.

Guy ppl will never stop complaining about DM. Either deal with it or stop telling us to stop complaining that someone bought 30 cruisers and full research 5h into server and is raiding whole g1.

Part of Ogame is that we complain. Deal with it. Last time you play you was in Xanthus hiding in g5 mining... so why you talk about Fleet uni :S

Maybe you #1 board Admin but for me you no skill in game to talk about :)

Pain in my heart carry burdens full of struggle

Why God, why God do I gotta bleed?

Every stone thrown at you restin' at my feet

Earth is no more, why don't you burn this mufuuka?

• 30% DF makes no sense in ''Fleeter'' UNI?

Does any of you who create these settings actually play as Fleeter or are you g5 miners like Advari300? :P

50% to DF and it would be perfect, also limit DM abuse

50% or 80%... hah DM limit i wish, then we would see who were real players and who were fake players carried by DM :)

That universe got messed up badly with GF's mess up with the 100milo res. less than a week into the uni, top 1 had 780k points XD

Yes i played there as well then i quit after i realized it's pointless. Haha ''messed up'' let's leave it there.

Removed notice given for discussing bans- Andvari300

Edited once, last by Andvari300 ().

• Guy ppl will never stop complaining about DM. Either deal with it or stop telling us to stop complaining that someone bought 30 cruisers and full research 5h into server and is raiding whole g1.
    Part of Ogame is that we complain. Deal with it. Last time you play you was in Xanthus hiding in g5 mining... so why you talk about Fleet uni :S

Guy ppl will never stop complaining about DM. Either deal with it or stop telling us to stop complaining that someone bought 30 cruisers and full research 5h into server and is raiding whole g1.

Awwww I didn’t play how you wanted? Sorry butter cup. :*

• I like the settings, I usually (granted I've been playing for only a few months) play as a miner/turtle but I may try fleeting with this uni.

As for the DM issue, could there be a compromise such as "Attack block" for the first 24-48 hours of the universe? The reason I quit Yildun when it first launched is I was getting raided by cargos before I even had enough deut to make robotics 1 let alone research labs, shipyards, fleets, or defenses. This seems like a fair balance where DM users can get the jump they want without making so non-DM users can't even protect themselves. 24-48 hours would at least let people get a few ships/defenses up to stop solo cargo raids right in the beginning. As it stands, a DM user gets +2 in the first bit of a universe (jump ahead in fleet/tech *AND* set any non-dm users BACK), this proposal would limit them to only getting a +1 for the first day or two

Mr Zinn - Yildun

Edited once, last by Caldsteven ().