State of the Union - Uriel (Exodus Oct. 2020)

• You can figure out what you want to vote on, sure. All I can do is pass that info along to Prongs and request one. Whether you get one now is up to him, but go ahead and get the process going. :)

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• If you're going to do this, please discuss and let me know what you're wanting to vote on. Xanthus is about ready to go, and I don't know how soon Prongs would want to do this again, but if I poke him and ask him and he moves forward on Xanthus, if you're not ready to go at the same time, it may be a while before we can do it again.

firma-2.jpg

• I personally do not want to change the uni at all. I like it how it is. VH is just mad because all he can do now is Def/Sat/Cargo bash. He can't catch a real fleet because he is too skittish and won't actually try a MD. Most of Russia is V-mode now so the fleeters are all slumbering until a merger. Leave it how it is IMO.

bBvXPlH.jpg
    ~Thanks for the siggy Silverwind!~

• i agree with shady.. but next question is. when will be a new merge?

In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead, should be banished into an Eternal Damnation.

Amen

• We don't know. Gameforge has been busy working on the new MCO content. We have no news of a merge, so I would guess not for a good while yet.

firma-2.jpg

• I agree with leaving most settings as is.

The only thing I would like to have in the poll is turning probe storage off. We can always vote to turn it back on after the merger (if we are target universe). We should turn it off until then. Inactive farming is OP with probe storage on. It also promotes burnout, decreases the "skill cap" to reach high rank (along with darkmatter), and does not encourage player-to-player interaction. Player to player interaction is one main goal of new beginnings as it is a hallmark of healthy multiplayer gameplay. I could go on, but I'm getting off topic. Until we (well, programmers, not us) can allow probe storage but not allow probe attacks, it should be off.

Ogame.en universe Oberon also has 31 fields. If we can go from 30 to 31 fields, I'm also okay with that.

• Ogame.en universe Oberon also has 31 fields.

This was news to me, and I'm inquiring about it. It's not supposed to be allowed to have over 30, so I honestly have no idea why Oberon and Cygnus have +31. I will see if it's something we can vote on or not.

Probe storage can be voted on, but I'm not sure that it can be done just to be redone later. If you want it turned off, we can put that to a vote and see what the players want, but I kind of doubt Prongs is going to want to put up a poll later voting to turn it back on. I hope that makes sense, and it can be included, but not if it's going to be just a temporary desire.

firma-2.jpg

• agree w/ blade though i do like probe storage for shifting res within minutes when i do my math wrong.

then again, i see tons of people, most people in the top, excluding myself as i'm the lazy one, spends time and earn tons of res via probe farming.

they spend hours into it so it's rewarding but as blad said, it has nothing to do w/ skill.

our dear no.1 gained his/her place via 16hrs of probe raiding & tons of dm w/o really farming anyone.

w/o bang bangs, what's the point of playing multi-player 'war' game w/ others when you're just mingling with npcs?

ogame-sig.png

• Let's put it to the poll. The universe can vote if they desire probe storage off. I think it would be a positive thing (more pros than cons) for all but ~5 players. It is unlikely it will pass (80% majority needed I believe), but it is the most reasonable thing to put to a vote.

• @I Am Hated

the max research speed is 12x and it's only multiple of the econ speed

so to get faster research time, we need to drop our econ to 6x and have 12x research.

@Shadyk09

we already have 7x research speed. i think.

honestly, the only thing that may happen is the fleet speed but w/ fast rec, i don't really want it.

yes i do need 24hr+ fs..

ogame-sig.png

• Yes, the default research speed is equal to your economy level, so you're operating at 7x now. If you want it any higher, you would have to vote on dropping economy to 6x and vote on a 12x research speed.

firma-2.jpg

• So did you guys figure out what you want to vote on, or are you just going to wait for the next poll cycle?

firma-2.jpg