State of the Union - Uni 1 (Exodus Oct. 2020)

• Poll results should be in at end of day. Hopefully we will have some setting changes tomorrow!

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• agrred would like to know how many were in the vote and the actual number that voted,

also i know of 2 players who were in temp ban and never recieved the link

for the size of our uni i think at 70% eco vote we shouold cross the line

very surprised at the low % for research that one surprised me more

Queen Leo  Prongs

• just a few posts from last time we had poll,,,please can we get a 70% pass rate as i know not all voted or received poll, some were in mode

well hopefully this can be done again down the road. maybe everyone can orginize better to help get the result you want. or maybe a lower % will be allowed? will cross that bridge down the road hopefully

• He's on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so it'll be a while before he returns. He did clarify yesterday that it needs to be 80% of the people who vote (not 80% of the people who receive the poll, which is either what he had told me the first time we did this, OR I misunderstood what he told me the first time we did it and assumed it was that).

I do not think they will ever go with a lower percentage, but when he's back, we can ask again.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• Personally, I think votes should be weighted. A vote from a 10 year old account should carry more weight than one that’s 3 months old.

US Universe 1
    Played off-and-on since 2005

• Personally, I think votes should be weighted. A vote from a 10 year old account should carry more weight than one that’s 3 months old.

If that was the case, I would hold a lot of weight than more than 90% or more of the current active player!
    I am not sure who has been on this sever longer than Me and Noel. I can not recall another names that stick out who would still have their active account from the start, I have been here for 8 years on UNI 1 of the 11.4 years it has been around.
    I think Cuzzer has been in this server for a very long time as well, Maybe a few others, Yet I can not be sure!

Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• Nevertheless, players who have been around for a while know what the universe needs. Based on what I’ve seen on the forums, I suspect a large group of noobs are responsible for these voting response....

US Universe 1
    Played off-and-on since 2005

• Nevertheless, players who have been around for a while know what the universe needs. Based on what I’ve seen on the forums, I suspect a large group of noobs are responsible for these voting response....

Yes those of us who have been around know more about the game and know what is best, We should have gotten the vote, Yet people do not want to have to transport more res, That was the main reason in the last vote, If you noticed that no one really pushed for a no vote on the boards...
    We it will suck in a few years and we are forced to merger with uni's that are 10 times the points our highest is.

kameljoe21 , been here since day one,kar and noel the same think we all the originals

Yeah.. There may be less than 10 people who are still active that started when the uni opened, I have been around a long time so I still think that puts me up there with some of the oldest accounts!

Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

I think this is coming from a good place, but is a bad idea. Obviously someone who's been in the Uni for ten years (or playing that long in general) would know what's better for the Uni/game than someone who's been playing three months, but you still have to take into account different play styles and different speed preferences.

Nevertheless, players who have been around for a while know what the universe needs.

This doesn't take into account different play styles/preferences at all either. If the top ten ranked players were allowed to make all the decisions, the Uni would become a fleeter's paradise. If (for example) rank 100-200 were the only ones allowed to vote, it would become a noob/turtle/miner paradise. That's why everyone should get a vote; it averages out into what most players want, not a select few.

• Cuzzer, you didn't farm hard enough. In about 5 months farm everyone until they quit and then you'll have the only vote and get what you want, for the next vote in 6 months

:DP: Use Bombers:lol:

• Cuzzer, you didn't farm hard enough. In about 5 months farm everyone until they quit and then you'll have the only vote and get what you want, for the next vote in 6 months

:DP: Use Bombers:lol:

man i love you

the cold hard parrot truth..

• He's on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so it'll be a while before he returns. He did clarify yesterday that it needs to be 80% of the people who vote (not 80% of the people who receive the poll, which is either what he had told me the first time we did this, OR I misunderstood what he told me the first time we did it and assumed it was that).

I do not think they will ever go with a lower percentage, but when he's back, we can ask again.

did you ask yet?