State of the Union - Uni 1 (Exodus Oct. 2020)

• I've been slowly going through and starting threads in each universe called "State of the Union - UNIVERSE NAME HERE" collecting ideas and discussions from players about what they'd like to see and/or what's going well or not well. Feel free to start one in your universe's diplomacy section, if there's not one there yet, and that's where universe-specific changes that y'all would like to see someday should take place.

:thumbsup:@Queen Leo got ours started for you

short term i guess as already started in other thread..

1. increase in research speed,,,
    2. all banned players released to be smashed and farmed, cheated us for so long time we got back what was taken from uni
    3, news on work about sharing jump gates within alliance and moving rez that way,,, saw it in news letter a few issues back, or maybe i was drunk
    4, News on all the accounts that we lost after merge, some 200 i think
    5, would like to thank you all from the staff and mods for all the hard work you do i know its not easy but cheers all :thumbup::beer::love:
    6. news on account trades this is a major feature we need back..

6.6.6 , AND THIS IS THE IMPORTANT ONE, please all lets keep this simple lets not get bogged down in arguments make points clear and hope we get things we want

or else the BUNNY will be released in game :lol:

have fun and lets improve the uni that we love :popcorn:

Edited once, last by Cuzzer. ().

• Can I ban you all to resolve the issues??? :lol:

I know that I'm the GO of this uni, but I like some of your points.

1. increase in research speed,,,

:love:

3, news on work about sharing jump gates within alliance and moving rez that way,,, saw it in news letter a few issues back, or maybe i was drunk

:love: and :beer:

2. all banned players released to be smashed and farmed, cheated us for so long time we got back what was taken from uni

I do not agree with this. Banned players have to be removed, not released, or it will become a giant push for a few players imo

5, would like to thank you all from the staff and mods for all the hard work you do i know its not easy but cheers all

Thanks <3

• I would have liked faster fleet speeds but we all can't have what we want. OGame hasn't really changed a whole lot since boosters and the redesign. Mergers and server setting tweaks are okay, short term bones for the players. I still would like to see ship upkeep costs and perhaps a dynamic rapid fire system to kill combat simulators and make combat more unpredictable.

• I would have liked faster fleet speeds but we all can't have what we want... ...I still would like to see ship upkeep costs and perhaps a dynamic rapid fire system to kill combat simulators and make combat more unpredictable.

Ship upkeep costs would be interesting. The one thing I think Uni 1 should never change is fleet speed. It needs to keep at least one aspect of its original form.

• I'm totally curious and am just asking this to satisfy my own curiosity, but how many of you guys in Uni 1 would merge to a faster fleet speed universe if that was an option? Just wondering.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• @Queen Leo yeah lost,,, when we merged we gained 150 accounts, then a few hrs later we lost 400 accounts, you posted back that you had reported it to prongs,,, some posts later said we may get them back after other issues were fixed..

have to agree with kar we grew by 150 members this morning , now few hrs later we are down about 400

I'm totally curious and am just asking this to satisfy my own curiosity, but how many of you guys in Uni 1 would merge to a faster fleet speed universe if that was an option? Just wondering.

i for one would say say no,,, been playing some 12 years now played multu unis speed one's too this was always my side uni but now its my home and speed suits my life style ,,,, :sleeping:

• 1: I still like the idea of research speed but using the % depending your rank. Closer to rank #1 the slower it is.
    2: I LOVE the idea of moving reseources thru the JG.
    3: Not a fan of the probe cargos. I'd like to see the probes being just probes again. I'd also like to see the inactive players eco drop a bit so it is less fighting over the inactives. Maybe back to one or two time eco but the active players keeping their 4x eco. Due to this doing a one time offer on buying probes back at a decent % of what was spent (Just an idea).
    4: Maybe clean house in those inactives in vmode if they exceed so many days or something.
    5: Expose need to improve in order to keep up with the rest of the game increased areas.
    6: Might be time for a new ship of some sort?
    Just throwing a few ideas out there.

• This speed universe works great with my life style and to be honest with my wife as I'm not on 100% of the time but if I went to a faster uni wife may kill me......

• @Queen Leo yeah lost,,, when we merged we gained 150 accounts, then a few hrs later we lost 400 accounts, you posted back that you had reported it to prongs,,, some posts later said we may get them back after other issues were fixed..

Aw crap, I forgot all about that. I did poke him, but then forgot to follow up. @Prongs do you have any more information for these guys on the accounts that disappeared in the merge?

firma-2.jpg

• I'm totally curious and am just asking this to satisfy my own curiosity, but how many of you guys in Uni 1 would merge to a faster fleet speed universe if that was an option? Just wondering.

@Queen Leo It's honestly a tough call. A faster server would better suit my game play. However, I've come to enjoy NOOB's company and perhaps Cyclops1's anxiously long posts. Avengers have also sort of become a punching bag with all the silly things they do and say. Additionally, Universe 1 seems the more exciting place to be if going solely off the board.

@Queen Leo Myself would not merge in to a faster fleet speed uni. I support never increasing UNI1 fleet speed as I think many would agree.

1. Research speed increase and economy speed increase.
    At the rates of newer universes that are a few months old are getting close to surpassing us at rates that took many of us years to get where we are.
    I support research 12x and Economy 6x.
    2. Banned players
    Permanent banned players that are more than a year old should be released so that they can be farmed. There should be no objections to this. Reason why a 1 year wait is that should give any player time to appeal to the higher ups.
    3. Jump gate sharing and other issues.
    We have an alliance facility that really only allows for holding alliance fleets and nothing else. We need some more development in this area. Alliances are really just social groups that only have a few functions. There is not a live stream chat. There is no option for trading, There really is not any benefit other than acs and holding fleets. In many other games I have played in my years as a rpg mmo player, Alliance have functions that require involvement. Some examples of those things are, trade requests, resources sent, Missions, Donate to the alliance, alliance levels, alliance research. There are a ton of things that could be added, the only thing that needs to be done is to play a few app games and learn from it.
    4 News on lost accounts.
    This is being taken care of...

Aw crap, I forgot all about that. I did poke him, but then forgot to follow up. @Prongs do you have any more information for these guys on the accounts that disappeared in the merge?

5. Staff.
    Queen Leo has been a very active person and would like to thank you again for all the hard work you did on my request.
    6. Account trades.
    This is a huge thing players want, I mean really bad, From what I have heard and seen on threads, there are accounts waiting to be transferred.

1. Research speed depending on rank, Will not work because if it takes a years to do research, It will stall progress.
    2. Moving resources thru JG is a fine idea, The only thing is that "Transporting resources through the Gate is not possible either." The only way for this to work would be to set up a new research called Wormhole Tech, The higher the level the more resources you can transport.
    3. Probe cargoes are just fine, You need large amounts of them to really make it worth it, These are easy pickings for someone looking for crystal. So far they have not upset the balance of the game. They really only have increased the ship numbers.
    4. I have to agree with the vmode inactives. Those who are more than 1 year old in inactive vmode should be forced open. There are 100s to even thousands of vmode accounts that are more than a year old. These accounts have been sitting for years and just taking up space.
    6. new ship would be great, a few new research would be great, The last major update was 10 year anniversary.

One thing I would like to see is an in game poll.
    As for the rest I have stated above and in many other threads.

S

e

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

Edited once, last by kameljoe21 ().

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

1. increase in research speed

:thumbsup:

:P

4, News on all the accounts that we lost after merge, some 200 i think

:thumbsup:

5, would like to thank you all from the staff and mods for all the hard work you do i know its not easy but cheers all :thumbup::beer::love:

:love::beer:

6. news on account trades this is a major feature we need back..

:thumbup::thumbup:

7. no faster eco

8. probe storage is ok

2: I LOVE the idea of moving reseources thru the JG.

:thumbdown:

Edited once, last by Sam ().

• One thing I'd like to add if at all possible. An easy way to deleate ALL the msgs quicker. Like by page or something. With probes now able to farm I get a thousand msgs from attacks, transfer and other per day. Hard to keep the msg area clean from all the activity.

• One thing I would like to see is an in game poll.

After Christmas, I plan to bring wishes to Prongs, and ask him to do just that. That's why I want to see these things thoroughly discussed by as many players in your universe as we can get, so that we can try to do that in a timely fashion once he's back after the holidays. :)

firma-2.jpg

• How about releasing perma vmoded accounts?

At least, that never been logged in since 2016.

Not a bad idea. The longest military deployment any of my units have been on is 15 months. I can't think of any other world military or job where 2 years would be an insufficient period to wait. Heck, last couple of deployments you could pay $80 (US) a month for 5mbps which is fine to stream. War just isn't what it used to be.