State of the Union - Japetus

• Hello people of Japetus! Now that the merge is over, how are things going for you guys in Japetus? You got more fields added, if I remember correctly, so hopefully that helped you out. I'm just wondering how things are going otherwise and what the feeling of the universe is these days.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• It was an awesome merge......lots of excitement.

Im happy with the extra planet fields.

"nobody cares"

• Well if we are going to stay at 6x eco, how about we try to get that 12x faster research guys?

@Gabby
    @Rick Sanchez
    Talk to your guys and see if they want anything. Probably wont be having another chance to change stats for a long while. I think we all agree that the stats are great but I doubt I am the only one that would enjoy the extra research.
    Alternately we can push for 7x eco without the research. Thoughts?

• Research would be cool.....even at the x6 it still takes a bit for the higher research to finish.

"nobody cares"

• wouldnt 7x econ last longer in usefullness than 12x research? especially considering the high cost of what most of these late game research levels cost anyways.

i guess to me 7x econ is more perminate as the research bump still leads to a time where dm complete makes sense.

the cold hard parrot truth..

• I actually agree with DP 100%, 7x eco would be far more helpful than faster research. Specially considering several other uni's are looking to go 7x as well. However I was thinking if the uni isn't wanting higher eco, than we might as well go for the research. :question:

• I actually agree with DP 100%, 7x eco would be far more helpful than faster research. Specially considering several other uni's are looking to go 7x as well. However I was thinking if the uni isn't wanting higher eco, than we might as well go for the research. :question:

see he agrees with me. bombers are the best. thanks for agreeing. and yes i just made your agreement with me cover all my ideas. :DP:

the cold hard parrot truth..

x7 eco all the way, IDC about the rest really :)

x7 eco all the way for sure.

I fourth this. :nothingtoadd:

• I agree with those boosts but we have to think long term.

Probably another merge near the end of 2019. It would be logical to balance speeds so that we get some equalization with other servers like Merkur

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    "Albert Einstein"

• Current settings: 4x Fleet | 6x Eco | + 30 Fields | 6 Galaxies | + 8k DM | 70% DF | 50% Deut

So...it looks like what you want to vote on is:
    Economy - stay at 6x or increase to 7x
    Research speed - 12x (if econ 6x wins) or no increase (if econ 7x wins)

And you all want 100k bombers added to your accounts as well, if I understand correctly? (just kidding)

Is there anything else you would want included in a poll? I'm hoping to get Prongs this info Wednesday.

firma-2.jpg

• Current settings: 4x Fleet | 6x Eco | + 30 Fields | 6 Galaxies | + 8k DM | 70% DF | 50% Deut

Economy - stay at 6x or increase to 7x
    Research speed - 12x (if econ 6x wins) or no increase (if econ 7x wins)

firma-2.jpg

• Okay, I talked to Prongs about this, and I have a better idea of what we need to do before he can set up polls in-game. We need to agree on the one option for each setting you guys want changed the most and then at least 80% of the people that receive the poll must agree on an option in order for that setting to win. The reason we need to go with only two options, is because of the 80% needed to make a change - it becomes more and more complicated with each additional option offered in the polls. This means if you guys really want changes, you need to roust your alliance, your buddies, and whoever else you're able to contact and get them around to be able to vote when the time comes.

For example, suppose Universe X has current settings economy 4x, deuterium consumption 100%, and fleet speed 2x. The most wanted changes are economy 6x and deut consumption 50%. The in-game poll with have only the options economy 4x (the current setting) and 6x; deut consumption 100% (the current setting) and 50%. If 80% (or more) of the people receiving the poll vote for economy 6x and only 72% of the people receiving the poll vote for deut consumption 50%, the economy speed will increase to 6x and the deut consumption will stay the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Japetus, you guys had talked about economy speed either 6x (current) or 7x and a research speed increase (if 6x economy wins) or not (if 7x economy wins). Is there anything else you want to have included in the poll? I'm not sure how soon we would be able to do this again, but I'm guessing it would not be for a good while, because it's a lot of work, so if there's something else you want to vote on changing, now is the time to speak up and get it included.

firma-2.jpg