State of the Union - Pegasus (Exodus Oct. 2020)

• Did you seriously try to flex on grammar? Lmao.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? Or are you just thick.

Thank you xy, at least someone is paying attention to what is being said. I am speaking specifically to people that were merged from higher speeds to either 2x or 1x vmoding because those options are crazy slow and no others were given.

Slow players had the option to merge to uni 1. Speed players were told they can have slow (peg) or really slow (uni 1). Saying the players who chose to vmode because of this should just deal with it because you don’t agree with them goes against the entire reason for this vote.

So no, I don’t think it’s cool to just say “go play somewhere else” and abandon accounts they built up for years but ended up getting merged into snail servers with no other option. They should get the chance to vote and change the settings just as everyone else in the uni will.

X0YyR8S.jpg

Thanks Disaster for the siggy

]

Edited once, last by ManSizedRooster ().

• That´s my point. Many of us had to merge....I played in Barym (3x) y the faster Uni were Io (4x).

I had an account in Peg, and I had to go to Uni 1 with my Barym´s account.

Everything was a big change for all.

There was no real complaint at this moment. Until Jap there was no more faster Uni.

In the begginning miners suffered a lot, till 2 or 3 years later....

Now Some of you want more fleet speed probably you´ll get it.

But I´ll vote for the stability.

There are at least two kinds of games. One could be called finite, the other infinite. A finite game is played for the purpose of winning, an infinite game for the purpose of continuing the play.

James P. Carse

• It promotes V mode warriors like yourself, and we have too much of that already

If you want probe storage, you should be playing in a Universe that has supported or had probe storage on from the beginning where like minded people voted and accepted that setting

Dude, this server is 5 years old and no one even knew about raiding with probes back then...

Did you ever consider that they don't play because the speed is too slow?

I don't want to say names, but someones logic sucks. :P

And you can include also probe storage :D

And so what, i will build 1M probes so you can try to track me down and get that resources...it's somehow win win situation :D

Noobmaster69

• ManSizedRooster

I sympathize with the folks that came from Io to Peg, that was a bad choice on game forge's part to do the merger that way. However, that isn't my fault, and that isn't the topic is it?

I have suggested that probe storage on would be a bad move and it serves the V mode warriors of the world. . . but I also maintain that is bad for any Universe. Just my opinion, that's all.

I have also suggested that the specs are fine, and that I think they shouldn't be changed based on the idea that the players that are here playing today, and for the past year or two since the merger, have adapted and have grown to enjoy what this universe has become.

For me personally, I will adapt again as best I can.

By all means, vote what you think is best, I have no complaint to vote again as long as all reasonable options are open.

I'm mostly obtuse on purpose, yet I confess I am a little thick too . . . except for grammar. :pardon:

ESeB8X4.png

• I don’t really care about probe storage tbh. Only speed lol. Should have made that clearer.

I disagree, and think this is definitely related to undoing the damage of past merges and making Pegasus a desirable place to merge to in the future. Micro vs macro viewpoints. Many of the problems were seeing in these unis are directly related to people taking the short view vs the long view.

X0YyR8S.jpg

]

• zera

To answer your shout out to me from earlier on probe storage. And this is just my opinion... I think probe storage just makes the game less fun for some people. If you have lots of time to log in you will hit lots more farms faster and tap then out before others get on. I figure atleast without it everyone has to work a bit more and helps spread the wealth a bit more. I could see it wrong, but how I see it none the less.

• Sorry, V mode warriors aren't a function of speed, they exist in many different speed unis.

My comment was directed at probe storage which entices those kinds of players.

I would like to see this data, UNI1 players have probe storage and it is still the same people that vmode. Having probe storage on increases the amount of spys and attacks that happen.
    There is no correlation that probe storage will add to more vmode players.

Forced to merge Fall of 2020 to Spica
    Universe 1 US Since Nov 2011
    Playing since April 2006
    Cmltoe-Jow.gif

• The only way to undo the damage is to allow people to merge into a server of their speed. We should never have been forced into the same server in the first place, not just because of the speed change but because of the score imbalances as well. I think this is something we all agree on.

Honest question: why is Gameforge so inflexible about merging and account transferring? What is so difficult about merging with .en? There are many solutions to this problem we are all having but I'm told Gameforge will never listen and they aren't even worth discussing.

• I would like to see this data......

.....There is no correlation that probe storage will add to more vmode players.

I confess, this is a guess on my part based on the habits of some vacation mode warriors in another Universe. I didn't know I had to have "data" available for a general observation based on my personnel experiences, or I would have come prepared. :w00t:

However, I'd say you probably don't have any data to the contrary either, as such a matter is really not provable, and I suppose would be based only on observation in any given Universe.

ManSizedRooster

Suffice to say we will have to agree that we disagree about what precisely should happen for Pegasus.

Regardless, I am hopeful that whatever happens, it will be for the best future for Pegasus.

ESeB8X4.png

• Why would V mode mean anything, if i have probes then I want to be active at least 18 hrs a day so i can farm and and have mines production...any kind of V mode is a loss for me. There isn't even a single player that forgot to make fs and got destroyed. Peg needs change, it can be probes + fleet speed or merge...but what if merge gets you 4x eco and 1x fleet? Or any other lower options like 30%df, didf, PROBES that you don't like -.-......

Probes don't effect your game and fleet speed does,but for me it both effect...if you see lack of resources in inactive players, see who is behind that with probes and get rid of him...it's not easy to come back when you loose all fleet...so you profit anyway...and top 100 won't even bother to farm with probes because that job is too complicated for them...maybe Que will probe but it's just because he gets 20 auctions per day :D

Noobmaster69

• Why would V mode mean anything, if i have probes then I want to be active at least 18 hrs a day so i can farm and and have mines production...any kind of V mode is a loss for me. There isn't even a single player that forgot to make fs and got destroyed. Peg needs change, it can be probes + fleet speed or merge...but what if merge gets you 4x eco and 1x fleet? Or any other lower options like 30%df, didf, PROBES that you don't like -.-......

Probes don't effect your game and fleet speed does,but for me it both effect...if you see lack of resources in inactive players, see who is behind that with probes and get rid of him...it's not easy to come back when you loose all fleet...so you profit anyway...and top 100 won't even bother to farm with probes because that job is too complicated for them...maybe Que will probe but it's just because he gets 20 auctions per day :D

Lol

• ...any kind of V mode is a loss for me.

::Facepalm:::

So I was trying not to say any names earlier but I have to call you out since you're the person I was talking about:

https://www.mmorpg-stat.eu/0_f…t&univers=_116&statview=2

As you can see, so far in the year 2019 you have been out of V mode for a whole 7 days... 8 if you make it until the end of today.

Yeah, I feel like your contribution to this discussion about probe storage and v mode warriors is somewhat ironic.

ESeB8X4.png

• V mode out of need doesn't give you any right to say anything about me (or any other kind of V mode because you probably have had also some kind of need to go to V mode...i am not V mode warrior, i am V mode miner ;)

This pool is about giving chance to change server settings, if someone want it then you also have right to disagree on that but not like this, just vote no on that pool ^^

That also means that i will vote negative on fleet speed if you vote negative on mine probes :P

Noobmaster69

• Guys, guys...please fight nicely. You're getting really far off topic here; I get it that you don't agree on things, and that's perfectly okay, but this thread is about poll settings, not vmode warriors. :beer:

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• The discussion wasn't bashing vmode warriors, we were talking about the potential to bring more people out of vmode with a uni setting change or preventing more from quitting in the future via said change. See? On topic. :lol:

We're not fighting, were discussing.

X0YyR8S.jpg

]

• and i sure do think that it puts people out of v mode :D

I mean...if i don't get probe storage, i will probably go v mode sth...its borring like this :(

Noobmaster69