State of the Union - Pegasus (Exodus Oct. 2020)

• Just to remind you, everyone needs to agree on one option to vote on alongside whatever the current setting is, for each setting that you wish to try to change. (So for example, if you want to try to change fleet speed, you will need to agree on one speed, say 6x, and in the poll your options would then be 2x or 6x.)

Silverwind that's how it works already; see above. If you have specific concerns and need me to look more deeply into it, please PM me, but I can't police every single uni's thread and compare it to every single uni's roster. There simply aren't enough hours in my day to do that, and if that is how you guys feel like it would need to be, then I would have to say polls just wouldn't happen.

I rely on you guys to do the discussing, and if there's a problem with someone who doesn't play in a universe, making suggestions (outlandish or otherwise), then I am relying on you guys to let me know so that I can make adjustments when it comes time to set up which things are actually included in the polls.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• Sorry, a humble question

How many players (answers) are enough to give enough validity to the vote? Any number is enough?

The result of the vote is final or it is up to the administrators to put into practice?

There are near 1600 registered players more than 100 brand new, 217 active players and 1371 inactives.

There are at least two kinds of games. One could be called finite, the other infinite. A finite game is played for the purpose of winning, an infinite game for the purpose of continuing the play.

James P. Carse

• Our Community Manager will look at the universe and the list of players, and he goes down the list until he reaches some point where pretty much everyone after that point is inactive. He uses that as the cutoff, and sends the poll out to the players from rank 1 down to whatever the cutoff rank was. Then 80% of the players that receive the poll need to vote in favor of a setting in order to get it changed. The poll is generally up for about a week, and once the poll ends, he will announce the results here. After that, he submits the settings that will be changed to the folks at Gameforge, and they do server settings for a whole bunch of communities/universes at once, so it just depends on when the next batch is set to occur. Once that's been determined, the developers make the change and it rolls out on whatever date we had announced to you.

I hope that makes sense - it's a bit of a process, and has a lot of parts to it, but that's kind of how it works.

The result of the vote is final or it is up to the administrators to put into practice?

The vote is final; I can't imagine a situation where we would overturn the result of a poll. We gather this information ahead of time, I give it to the Community Manager, and I think that if there was a problem with something that a universe wanted to vote on, it would be addressed at that point, and not after the poll had already been completed. We haven't run into a situation where the poll results have been problematic and we had to make some intervention, and I just can't imagine the situation that would lead us to that.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• I hope that makes sense - it's a bit of a process, and has a lot of parts to it, but that's kind of how it works.

Regardless of what any of us feel in this process about settings, I still think it's great that we get to interact and vote.

I'd say thanks to Queen Leo and Prongs for doing this extra work to make sure we all have a voice in our community and it's future.

ESeB8X4.png

• I would vote to open the polls to the following.

3x speed

No change to DF

50% deut

I dont think we need a change to eco again. But maybe a separate boost to research speed if I knew the options.

• If there is something voted for miner, then it should also be for fleeter... if we go 4x speed i also want probes capacity....i want it even more if you put higher df...

Noobmaster69

• The only option for miners is to keep the same settings, any change in fleet speed favors only the fleeters.

There are at least two kinds of games. One could be called finite, the other infinite. A finite game is played for the purpose of winning, an infinite game for the purpose of continuing the play.

James P. Carse

• Admiral Kirk thats not true...give us probe storage...our transporters will be faster while farming but there is also higher chance of getting destroyed so..

Noobmaster69

• panders why?

It promotes V mode warriors like yourself, and we have too much of that already

If you want probe storage, you should be playing in a Universe that has supported or had probe storage on from the beginning where like minded people voted and accepted that setting

ESeB8X4.png

• Also, is there anyway that we can disinclude people that actually don't play in Pegasus or are in extended long v mode?

I don't want to say any names, but some people have accounts and are weighing in here yet don't actually play

Did you ever consider that they don't play because the speed is too slow?

I don't want to say names, but someones logic sucks. :P

X0YyR8S.jpg

Thanks Disaster for the siggy

]

• Did you ever consider that they don't play because the speed is too slow?

I don't want to say names, but someones logic sucks.

*someone's

Sorry, V mode warriors aren't a function of speed, they exist in many different speed unis.

My comment was directed at probe storage which entices those kinds of players.

As to the consideration that people don't play because it's too slow and logic:

8 Universes are x3 or higher fleet

10 Universes are x2 or below

All of this was basically chosen by a poll at inception, or went through a settings change poll.

The "logic" indicated people desire x2 or slower slightly more than half the time.

If you prefer a x3 or higher speed, then by all means, find one of the 8 servers that support it and have a blast.

Mr-Spock-mr-spock-10874060-1036-730.jpg

ESeB8X4.png

• How many changes have been done in this Universe in more than five years?

James P. Carse