State of the Union - Pegasus (Exodus Oct. 2020)

• Current settings: 2x Fleet | 4x Eco | + 25 Extra Fields | + 8k DM | 50% DF

From looking back through this topic, it seems like the settings you guys have mentioned wanting changed are:

• Economy speed (currently 4x) - 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x would be possibilities
    • Fleet speed (currently 2x) - 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x would be possibilities
    • Research speed (no increase is possible if econ is 7x) - otherwise a multiple of economy speed
    • Decreased deuterium consumption (currently at 100%) - possibilities are 50%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%, 100%
    • Espionage probe storage - yes or no
    • Increased planet fields (IF they allow us to include this) - yes or no

Is that all you are thinking you want included in the poll? Is there anything else you'd like to vote on? I'm hoping to pass this info to Prongs on Wednesday.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• 7x 4x with .5 deut consumption and +30 fields instead of +25 has been very popular from most of the people I have been talking to.
    Something to shake Pegasus up and hopefully keep top .us accounts on relatively the same level as those from other communities.

I find this to be the best option for the uni and would be better suited for future unis to merge with us.

• I'll put it forward to Prongs for poll-creation, but you're already so big, nobody can merge with you. That was the problem in this last merge; nobody else has accounts that can even begin to compete with the size of accounts Pegasus has. This will only worsen that situation.

firma-2.jpg

• That was the problem in this last merge; nobody else has accounts that can even begin to compete with the size of accounts Pegasus has. This will only worsen that situation.

I am excited about higher mine speeds, but everyone can guess why.

Yet truthfully, all my prior one-liner jokes aside, increasing speeds are going to propel some of the older Pegasus accounts into a zone where they will be untouchable.

It begs the question, "what then?" and it might eventually mean that our own worst enemy will be ourselves.

I'd ask if it's possible for more discussion between the folks here before this is submitted as a poll. I fear a hasty decision may worsen things instead of make them better.

Edit: I'd like to see an option in the poll to to not make ANY changes so that those folks happy as they are are included. Thier opinion matters just as much as anyone else's here.

• QL, I have given up on a competitive merge for Pegasus. The closest uni in points is Jap, and even if you overlook that they would need 2-3 years to catch up, a good chunk of the top accounts are players who already have Pegasus accounts. I am not alone in this thinking either.

Silverwind, this discussion and polls have been anything but hasty.

• I'll put it forward to Prongs for poll-creation, but you're already so big, nobody can merge with you. That was the problem in this last merge; nobody else has accounts that can even begin to compete with the size of accounts Pegasus has. This will only worsen that situation.

You forget that rank 1 Pegasus is original Pegasus account. 3-4 years younger than most top Peg accs. In Ogame terms, it's a lot of time and advantage for other accs, but it's possible to catch up, just need to play harder or you will feed the sharks :P.

And it wouldn't be fair if it's easy to catch up with all those old Peg accs, 8-9 years of someone's hard work.

• But it wasn't my decision not to include Pegasus in the merge, for that reason, it was Grimnir's, and that was the reason he gave. I agree, it might be possible with a lot of hard work, but...just sayin'.

firma-2.jpg

• Silverwind, this discussion and polls have been anything but hasty.

I admit it's been talked about for a while "behind the curtain" in Pegasus with those players with vested interest, so I stand corrected.

And it wouldn't be fair if it's easy to catch up with all those old Peg accs, 8-9 years of someone's hard work.

This is surprisingly wise for our favorite noob to weigh in with, and has a lot of merit.

ESeB8X4.png

• I admit it's been talked about for a while "behind the curtain" in Pegasus with those players with vested interest, so I stand corrected.

Not only has it been talked about outside of the forum, this thread has been open for almost a month. I have been encouraging anyone and everyone to bring ideas here and post them. Lets not suddenly give in to panic attacks on the last day.

I can't foresee any challenging merge for Pegasus in the next 5 years at least. Even then I am highly doubtful. Lets change up the stats, breath some life back into this old uni, some of us might not plan on playing in 5 years. 7x 4x allows us a fighting chance to not fall completely behind other communities. For example Q.org which has 7x 5x and over double the points already.

• I would propose the following:

x7 economy speed
    x4 fleet speed*
    50% deut consumption
    +fields (maximum allowed, if possible)
    NO probe storage (i.e. no change & don't include within poll)

*if fleet speed changes to x4, bashing limit is reduced from x12 to x6 per 24 hours.

It's likely that we'll be merged with Quantum.org when international merges come around, therefore we'll need the increases.

• Wondering who could bash you lol

• Lets not suddenly give in to panic attacks on the last day.

Who is in a panic? I have been assured by my deut buyers that I will be perfectly safe with the proposed settings. :D

It's likely that we'll be merged with Quantum.org when international merges come around, therefore we'll need the increases.

This isn't going to happen, you know that, right?

ESeB8X4.png

• this seems to be what most of us consider the gold standard for a speed uni which the bulk of these old accts came from minus a few like Volkes/XY. I understand the concern for a merge in the future but I dont see a way for many to catch us without backing down our speeds to like 1x 1x for a year. Even then we are only going to see a handful of decent accts catch up to us and most likely those are controlled by the same players that someone already pointed out.

IF we ever merge into a .org uni then we need this speed now ofc. Id rather plan on a big merge like that than a small merge here.

the cold hard parrot truth..

• firma-2.jpg

• Okay, I talked to Prongs about this, and I have a better idea of what we need to do before he can set up polls in-game. We need to agree on the one option for each setting you guys want changed the most and then at least 80% of the people that receive the poll must agree on an option in order for that setting to win. The reason we need to go with only two options, is because of the 80% needed to make a change - it becomes more and more complicated with each additional option offered in the polls. This means if you guys really want changes, you need to roust your alliance, your buddies, and whoever else you're able to contact and get them around to be able to vote when the time comes.

For example, suppose Universe X has current settings economy 4x, deuterium consumption 100%, and fleet speed 2x. The most wanted changes are economy 6x and deut consumption 50%. The in-game poll with have only the options economy 4x (the current setting) and 6x; deut consumption 100% (the current setting) and 50%. If 80% (or more) of the people receiving the poll vote for economy 6x and only 72% of the people receiving the poll vote for deut consumption 50%, the economy speed will increase to 6x and the deut consumption will stay the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Pegasus, you guys had wanted to vote to change economy, fleet speed, research speed, deut consumption, espionage probe storage, and planet fields. That means I need you guys to drag all your people back here and discuss and decide on the one option you want to vote on for economy, fleet speed, and deuterium consumption. The remaining settings are already just two choices, so you don't need to include probe storage, planet fields, and research speed in this discussion. Once this has been done, we can pass those options up to Prongs and he can set up the in-game polls.

Tracking for Queen Leo's use:
    Economy 7x - 7
    Fleet 4x - 7
    Deut consumption 50% - 7

firma-2.jpg

Edited 5 times, last by Queen Leo ().