Rules clarification - Discussion

• Hello commanders!

Let us know your thoughts about what was announced here.

This change was done considering combat calculations, loading times and some other factors that can be crucial to prevent fleetsaving due to a probe action with the current state of the game. However we would like to hear your thoughts and experience about it, and the intention is to make it the fairest as possible for everyone.

It is a delicate topic, so please be consider about other player opinions. We don't want to kill old tactics only keep them honorable instead of shade and low moves, we also know that there's a lot to fix and that should be the priority. That feedback is forwarded as well, but until such step is reached we need to keep such tactics as fair as possible and without shading situations to be exploitable.

I'd love to have the loadings and calculations fixed already, but I can't do that. What we, as team, can do it try to minimize the problems that we spot with it.

So, I'll ask you to keep the answers to this topic focused on this. You may open other topics if there are other topics you'd like to discuss, but please keep this one on topic.

Thank you!

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

1. Hello how do I make a sensible savescan and, above all, you have calculated what you can boost everything in 20 seconds!

The right and left hands of the devil

Edited once, last by andyb78 ().

• 20 seconds seems a bit much, Makes it even easier to ASC defend for a friend. Usually I would scan in the last 10 seconds and decide to recall or not. Which still can have a fleet get there in those last 10 seconds but the greater the variant the more likely a surprise defend.

How about you "FIX" your bug? instead of making rulings like this. If a probe prevents you from fleet saving . . . . make a probe not prevent you from fleetsaving.

• I agree with Iskavan that a fix would be more ideal than a patch, which will only serve to break other things...

But since this is the route were taking, we need to ensure this doesnt open up the possibility for a different kind of abuse.

So, I propose a new rule to accompany this one. Something along the lines of.....

"Players may not use Dark Matter to purchase resources nor activate resource packs during the last 20 seconds of an attack."

I think this would make it more fair

• That would be more difficult, how about no building/shipyard boosters during the last 20 seconds.

Code to switch off boost activation in last 20 seconds.

Keep the probes to 5 seconds. I cant fleet save in 5 seconds, game lags to much anyways. Who cares if they prevent fleetsaving in 5 seconds, that would help in killing botters though.

• Hello.

Regarding probing a planet until 5 seconds the attack hits, how you manage to use it as help to prevent a ninja? With a 5 seconds window you manage to check the espionage report and move from there to the fleet missions overview to recall the fleet?

What is the purpose of a espionage mission 5 seconds before a attack hits a target?

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

• I meant to help prevent ninja in regards to the 20 seconds. alot can happen in 20 seconds, and theres plenty of time to recall or do other things. 5 seconds is kind of a neither here nor there kind of thing. You cant do anything in 5 seconds anyways so the rule on not being able to probe if 5 seconds left really doesnt matter. What matters is 20 seconds, I can boost enough defense or fleet to kill you in 20 seconds, maybe my friends fleet arrives at the 20 seconds. Alot can happen in 20 seconds.

I could see 10 seconds, enough time to recall or fleet save. Yet not really enough time to do much else.

• Hello.

Regarding probing a planet until 5 seconds the attack hits, how you manage to use it as help to prevent a ninja? With a 5 seconds window you manage to check the espionage report and move from there to the fleet missions overview to recall the fleet?

What is the purpose of a espionage mission 5 seconds before a attack hits a target?

5 seconds is not enough time to do much...but 10 seconds is plenty! Maybe even 7 or 8 seconds... Im curious now how quickly I can do this lol

5 seconds might be possible. You can time your probe in advance and have fleet and msg screens open in separate tabs, ready to recall if there is a noticeable change at a glance of the report.

I think something like 10 seconds would be more reasonable. 20 seconds gives too much time to pull off DM ninja, that will get abused for sure and is much more unfair!