Attempt to revive .us

• So we all know your large DM spenders are what kill universes faster and plummet players interest to continue playing the game. We also all understand that ogame has to make money, that is why someone created and continues to run the game. My thought, what if there was a server created where players purchased a ticket to join? Everyone would get officers and $20 of DM. There is no options to buy more DM or in game items, only items you can get would be from the auction house. I would think it could create a very competitive universe with everyone knowing there won't be those players that run off doubling or tripling score of everyone else right out of the gate.

It unfortunately would take a lot of advertising and exposure to get a lot of the older players who left for this reason to potentially come back and try again. And I'm not sure on what the ideal settings would have to be. I would think x1 everything but some would at least want a faster economy and research speed. Also the number of players actually willing to join would set the size of the universe, meaning if only 100 players joined we don't need a 9 galaxy universe.

• Could you (and hopefully someone else) explain better this idea?

In example, how much must be the ticket to join? It will be a "one time" ticket or billed monthly?

Another great point to discuss it's about the stats... I'm an addicted (as a player) of 2x fleet speed, but maybe our community likes something different.

• I stick to the 6x Uni's, I started and learned the game on 1x, but quickly moved to 2x then when Electra UK opened (first 4x) jumped in there. When I came back to the game, and saw 6x, it hooked me back into the game. was merged into a 2x, and if not for the graveyard server, the account would still be moth-balled.

All that said, it would have to be a "mutual" agreement well before Uni start.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

- Those that understand binary
    - Those that don't

• Could you (and hopefully someone else) explain better this idea?

In example, how much must be the ticket to join? It will be a "one time" ticket or billed monthly?

Another great point to discuss it's about the stats... I'm an addicted (as a player) of 2x fleet speed, but maybe our community likes something different.

I'm just opening discussion about an idea is all and if game forge likes it sweet! I'd personally be open to a "one time" purchase ticket or even a monthly subscription. And stats are completely open for any possibilities. I personally would only pay to play in a DM free server if it was no more then x2 fleet speeds, just fits my life better than the faster unis lol

• Just throwing this out there:

Maybe this type of Uni should be looked at in a broader sense of a "universal server" with only 3 or 4 Universes, with the same basic setup of pay to join and receive "X" amount of DM, and other than finding some on expo, there is no way to purchase more. Set up the 3 or 4 Uni's with different base speeds, but same Eco, research speeds. All of these Uni's would have same Def2DF, Debris % etc. Base number of galaxies on early sign-ups, or just say 6 Galaxies period.

Just spit-balling some ideas, please by all means pick them apart!

- Those that don't

• Honestly just the potential option of that kind of server sounds refreshing... Lol to not watch those 3 or 4 accounts sky rocket to a couple thousand points the first few hours after server open. I don't know if it'd be a better trial on the more active UK server to get a larger response possibly.

• Honestly just the potential option of that kind of server sounds refreshing... Lol to not watch those 3 or 4 accounts sky rocket to a couple thousand points the first few hours after server open. I don't know if it'd be a better trial on the more active UK server to get a larger response possibly.

That's what I was thinking, and to me it doesn't matter what server, since you can join any server as long as you know the language, I know in my UK Uni, there are people from all over the world, and also in my US Uni, some of the accounts now moving into it from graveyard, are not "US" accounts. So in the spirit of a one world community, open anywhere and specify the "acceptable" language.

- Those that don't

• I know all the people I've played with in past servers, I would let them know if this really became a possibility! Because we've all had the same complaints where you get the guys needed to crash that number one fleet early and the next day it's completely rebuilt like you didn't even do anything :dash:

• I genuinely like this idea.

I love myself a 1x or 2x fleet speed and the rest can be as high as you want.

I really like the Pasiphae speeds which is the reason I came back to play after years and years off the game.

It is quite annoying having to deal with the Obvious DM "abusers" taking over the server in a matter of days. Or appearing out of nowhere and very quickly getting to the top and being nearly unstoppable.

4-6 galaxies - Possibly even a circular galaxy as well.

I'd love to see if this idea can take off and get somewhere