What happened to the Reward Events?

• We went from having quite a few 2 week long reward events a good chunk of the year to a handful of smaller ones last month. Now nothing for all of August so far. Any plans to bring em back? Was nice to have some small tasks to do to keep some activity going.

• GF wants to wait until the people who activated the command officers have them expire before the next reward, to hook them again.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

- Those that understand binary
    - Those that don't

• We went from having quite a few 2 week long reward events a good chunk of the year to a handful of smaller ones last month. Now nothing for all of August so far. Any plans to bring em back? Was nice to have some small tasks to do to keep some activity going.

I suspect the next rewards event will show up when the next universe is released.

If my theory is correct, that means every 6-8 weeks there will be a rewards event.

However, I have not been told anything by Gameforge and this is only my theory.

I could be completely wrong.

:pardon:

• agreed and maybe better ones maybe an increase in research lvl or mines...

I don't think this is a suitable option, I'm sorry... I agree with you that it would be great, but unfortunately it will be unfair for some players...

Let's make an example... I would be grateful to GF for one level of astrophysics, since it will be lvl 29 on my account... But for other players it may be lvl 15.

Reward system is scheduled periodically, we have only to wait... ;-)

• To echo Volde here, the mine/research bonuses are just too powerful for larger accounts. To put it into perspective, if you gave me +1 astro.. i'd go up 190 million points. Give me +1 to most of my mines, and its also a 40-80 million point upgrade. There are alot of VERY large accounts right now because this was exploited with the space dock (which increases price by like 5x each level. One of the first reward events gave +1 to space dock like 3 times... so players could spend 400 million resources to get to level 10, then the +3 gave them 200 billion worth of points for free. Its sadly impossible to balance the exponential gains that larger players can get for +1 bonuses to things. Resource packs are really a great replacement for those benefits. If we want to see a buff to rewards, i'd just push for RP rewards to be higher than 1 of a given pack.

Personally, I really like the longer term bonuses, like 40% mine boosters, fleet slot increases for exped accounts, and things like that, as it gives the player clear benefits that are pretty consistent across the board, and continue to drive players to actually play the game, launching fleets, protecting res, etc. Its a much better way to buff that content than to just give instant-gratification rewards and passive benefits that further encourage the once-a-day style of play and enable solo'ing turtles, which kinda take the game away from what it really is at its core.

XOs7XMZ.png