V-Mode

• The V-mode rule should be changed so that when you are out of v-mode you should not be able to attack for the next hours it can be something like (6/12/18) hours, and that you should not go into v-mode again after an activation within 24 / 48 / 72 hours. In this way, one can avoid abuse of v-mode.

What do you say?

Total damage made in US.

2021 marts - 2022 April

1.073.460.947.000 TD

Thanks USA

• Hiho!

Just a couple of questions (if you allow me to :P):

- The cooldown would be only for attacks? The player that leaves vacation mode would be able to transport/transfer/harvest (ofc) and what about the ACS defend?

- The cooldown to reactivate vacation mode could be a bit tricky from my point of view. What about the player be able to activate immediately the vacation mode IF no fleet movement is done after deactivation, but if the player sends a probe/joins any ACS, uses Phalanx, recycles, IPM, attack... everything but non-hostiles missions would trigger a cooldows of, lets say, 48h for them to be able to activate again the vacation mode?

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

• Specifically trying to avoid players who use vmode-warrior tactics is the goal (imo). Given that, I don't think we should impliment it in a way, that punishes long term vmode.. just short term. So if possible, I'd recomend this kind of implimentation:

1. Entering vmode: You have a minimum vmode duration of 48 hours. In addition, you have a 24 hour attack block (upon exit) if you were in vacation mode for less than 1 week.

With the above item in place, I do not think you need to restrict entering vmode. I think its reasonable for players to be able to go vmode again quickly if thats their intent, providing they can't just pop out, raid and hide again. Addressing your questions: I think non-combat missions should be permitted without restriction. I also think ACS defense should be permitted, but ACS attack could be locked. The logic here, is that an ACS defend would require the defender to get ahold of vmode parties and coordinate them coming online, which is sufficient challenge. ACS Attacks can be planned and coordinated ahead of time, which means vmode could be abused more easily.

To summarize. The primary abuse that myself and OP are referencing are players who will go into vacation mode, then use an ally to perform hunting. Once a target is identified or when enemies are offline, they exit vmode, fly a series of raids, then go right back into vacation mode. This eliminates any real possibility of counter play. The only way to defend against this is to somehow be aware of when someone is flying on you when you are offline and successfully ninja, or hope that the player somehow makes a mistake pressing the vmode button. Because defense can only be built from 1 shipyard, even building defense to prevent raids can't outpace a player who is building ships on all shipyards (even just 8 hours every few days). Lengthening the time that a vmode player must remain out of vmode to successfuly raid can limit this abuse and/or give defenders a stronger window to respond. I think limiting it to just 24 hours and focusing primarily on those with less than a week of vmode time targets this specific abuse case, without impacting other players or imposing a change that completely eliminates the 'benefits' of using vmode tactically for those that use it to avoid fleet saving (such as when you have too much res to save, or not enough duet to fly).

Admiral Barbarossa What do you think?

XOs7XMZ.png

• This time I have to agree with Malicious (we both know how this is difficult :-) ). I don't like to prevent vmode, because emergencies happens. A cooldown time could be the solution...

Maybe an attack block as suggested (12h in my opinion, not 24, and not related to your last vmode time), and maybe also an items/reloc/colonization cooldown?

• The v-mode should be used because of emergencies, not as a tactic.

There should be a "attack block" next 12-24 hours after going out from v-mode. And if a person have time enough to attack, then he also have time enough to play. So therefor after an attack there should be a cooldown again for not going to v-mode the next 12-24 hours.

Total damage made in US.

2021 marts - 2022 April

1.073.460.947.000 TD

Thanks USA

• I completely disagree. As someone who is currently having RL take a big dump on, sometime, i get a couple hours to play, and like to drop out of v-mode for a few hour to forget about said RL.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

- Those that understand binary
    - Those that don't

• I completely disagree. As someone who is currently having RL take a big dump on, sometime, i get a couple hours to play, and like to drop out of v-mode for a few hour to forget about said RL.

Yeah, but u are free to login, play and go v-mode after 12/24 hours again. U can make a simple fleetsave. The v-mode should not be used as a tactic ingame

Total damage made in US.

2021 marts - 2022 April

1.073.460.947.000 TD

Thanks USA

• you say simple, but with current health issues my wife has, i may not get back for up to two or three days.

Just leave v-mode as is, as you say a simple fleet save protects you.

You only need to worry about v-mode abusers, if you get complacent and don't fleet save.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

- Those that understand binary
    - Those that don't

• you say simple, but with current health issues my wife has, i may not get back for up to two or three days.

Just leave v-mode as is, as you say a simple fleet save protects you.

You only need to worry about v-mode abusers, if you get complacent and don't fleet save.

Sadly not, in Yildun, for the last 6+ months, we've had a small group of vmode abusers who literally smash all defense, satelites, and resources left on ANY planet, every single night (they are in a timezone where they are active while we sleep) profit or not. Its caused ALOT of the universe to quit and there is virtually no way to do anything about it as they are In vmode again by the tiem you wake up.

XOs7XMZ.png

• This is the definition of v-mode warriors :-P Get out of v-mode, making more damage as possible and back to v-mode!

It's an interesting topic, and I know that Prongs is checking it to gather suggestions about both sides :-)

• Sadly not, in Yildun, for the last 6+ months, we've had a small group of vmode abusers who literally smash all defense, satelites, and resources left on ANY planet, every single night (they are in a timezone where they are active while we sleep) profit or not. Its caused ALOT of the universe to quit and there is virtually no way to do anything about it as they are In vmode again by the tiem you wake up.

Excatly that is the problem and v-mod abuse. :)

Total damage made in US.

2021 marts - 2022 April

1.073.460.947.000 TD

Thanks USA

• Put a block against active players for 8/12/16/24 hours, so you cannot just drop in out of V-Mode and raid an active player immediately. Inactive players, not a problem, that's something anyone should be able to raid anyway, but stopping a 'V-Mode Warrior' from attacking active accounts, might be a better work around, and I'm sure that the coding wouldn't be that hard to do. The game can differentiate between the two (i I), so, use that as the key to allowing the attack or not. if 'xx' doesn't have i or I then attack blocked for xx hours, and utilize a timer on their screen, so they know.

It may/may not stop that ability.

• Thats also a solid solution, but I think its worth noting, that only attacks should be blocked. I think we can all agree that you should be able to pop out of vmode to defend an ally yes?

XOs7XMZ.png

• Thats also a solid solution, but I think its worth noting, that only attacks should be blocked. I think we can all agree that you should be able to pop out of vmode to defend an ally yes?

Yes of course, defence is okay.

But using it as "tactic" and bash is not okay

Total damage made in US.

2021 marts - 2022 April

1.073.460.947.000 TD

Thanks USA

• Defense is a yes, keep it live

Attacking an active player is and always should be a no, not from V-Mode anyway.

Should that V-Mode player have a protection from attack for the same period of time? If they cannot attack for xx hours, then should they not get that same protection in return? Make them unable to be attacked for that same period of time? Have to put that out there, because you know, it'll be brought up.

• Defense is a yes, keep it live

Attacking an active player is and always should be a no, not from V-Mode anyway.

Should that V-Mode player have a protection from attack for the same period of time? If they cannot attack for xx hours, then should they not get that same protection in return? Make them unable to be attacked for that same period of time? Have to put that out there, because you know, it'll be brought up.

No that is just the same as "v-mode".
    If i know that no one can attack me 12 hours after v-mode, i will just go out from v-mode 12 hours before and sleep. Because no one can attack me anyway.

There must be a cooldown for only attack for the guy who go out from v-mode and that should be something like 12 or 18 hours at least.

Total damage made in US.

2021 marts - 2022 April

1.073.460.947.000 TD

Thanks USA

• i think we should find a way to stop abuse without limiting the availability of vmode. vmode for me is useful because of my crazy scedua. being on call means sometimes i have to go IRL and it would suck to be restricted even though i had no ill intent

|----------------------------\||__
    |.......The BEER TRUCK.... ||""\__,__
    |________________________l||___|__|
    |(@)(@)"""""""""""""""""""""""|(@)(@)**|(@)

SPAMS

• Just looking to ask the question now that they will ask later, if you can do xx, then why can't you do yy? IT HAPPENS, every time someone asks for something to change the way someone else plays their game.

"You're taking this away from me, so I want something to replace it".

What you are asking for is a legitimate thing, no denying that. I V-Mode a lot, in fact, I live in V-Mode with my accounts because there are times I can play with no problem, then, real life comes back and says, that's it, you're done for a while. I like to be able to get in, maybe raid a few inactive accounts, and if I have the time, do some expeditions, and log back out. Call it a day, a week, a month even.

It is what it is.