White screen at every click

• I noticed that at every 'action' you make, there is a moment the screen is refreshing it turns completely white for a split second and then back again. In early version of OGame this never happened.

Clicking on buildings to put them in a queue and every time a white screen appearing/disappearing is quite annoying.

• Are you using addons/extensions/scripts alongside OGame? If you are, if you disable all of them, clear cache/cookies, and try again, does this still occur?

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• No nothing, only Ublock Origin, Privacy Batcher, YouTube Video and Audio downloader and a Dutch and English Dictionary. Nothing that is related to the gameplay itself.

Clearing my cache I do regularly with CCleaner, also cleaning up the register.
    I did made a video about this, and I am thinking of putting it on YouTube so I can just show what I see. I use (the latest) Firefox, Windows 10 x64.

• That´s happening every click....I thougt it was normal.

Indeed a big delay happens when I go to the shop.

I use Antigame and infocompte and play in three servers.

AK

There are at least two kinds of games. One could be called finite, the other infinite. A finite game is played for the purpose of winning, an infinite game for the purpose of continuing the play.

James P. Carse

• If you know of others that are experiencing this, could you get them here too? I generally get further with reports like this if they're being reported by a bunch of people.

firma-2.jpg

• If you know of others that are experiencing this, could you get them here too? I generally get further with reports like this if they're being reported by a bunch of people.

So far I never brought this to attention to anybody, but just today I was busy on this relative new server building up new planets, so the building of these new mines only take seconds and when putting them in the queue I started to notice that by every click I wanted to put them into queue it showed a white screen in between. When I started paying attention to it more I saw that actually every action is followed by a white screen.

Now here is the video, at the moment of writing this video is still in 360p (will upgrade to 4K later on when YouTube converted it).

• Interesting...I don't have that. So yeah if there are others that you know of that are experiencing this, could you ask them to chime in here or let me know via ticket? I'll bring it to Prongs' attention this week too, but as I said before, I generally make more headway if there are lots of people experiencing weird things, rather than just one or two.

firma-2.jpg

• I play on mobile and I don't get a white screen, but loading the shop/inventory screen does take about 30 seconds to load, i just thought it was me because as I said I play on my phone

Thanks Scyith for the cool sig

• I've been having the white screen flash issue also. Using Firefox with InfoCompte and Universeview.

Was quite blinding when I had HDR enables on my monitor. Quite bright

• Interesting...I don't have that. So yeah if there are others that you know of that are experiencing this, could you ask them to chime in here or let me know via ticket? I'll bring it to Prongs' attention this week too, but as I said before, I generally make more headway if there are lots of people experiencing weird things, rather than just one or two.

I will try to ask as many others if they experience the same, hopefully the YouTube video also draws in some attention and it has a link to this thread.

It happens in both universes I play (Tarazed and Leda), and there is the possibility it might also be a setting on my computer, so I will try asap on another computer soon.

• I have these addons for quite some time, but I also noticed this 'white screen' behavior on a second pc I have here.

I could check, but I rather not internet without Ublock Origin and Privacy Badger due to unwanted advertisements. But let me check anyway, then I at least know if this is causing it.

- Update 1: On the second pc I did not even had Privacy Badget installed, tried the game also without Ublock Origin, but still the same effect. I can try another browser, see what happens in Chrome and Opera.

- Update 2: Interesting, the 'problem' does NOT occur in Google Chrome. So it must something in Firefox that reloads the page constantly after each click.

Let me just also try out Opera to rule it out for sure it's Firefox.

- Update 3: Also Opera does not give the problems I have in Firefox, which makes me now curious why Firefox behaves like this, I do not have that many addons on it.

Edited 2 times, last by Demonfreak ().