Why is .us Dying?

• Why do you believe .us is dying? Why is it that GF has had to drag MODs from other servers to staff their team? If you look, you will see that every mod is new to .us server within the past 2 months or at least new as of 2020.

So I want to know (please keep it clean) why did you leave Ogame, why do you see yourself struggling to keep playing ogame, or why do you still love ogame.

For me, I see myself leaving ogame soon for several reasons. To summarize:

-Bugs: bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs. And then board staff that claims (in ignorance) that it is on the player to prove the bug beyond reason. The game is sooo broken now that some of the most basic game mechanics cannot be preformed.

-Board Staff: They censor beyond reproach. One day we will be asked to provide feedback. The next, any negative feedback is deleted/warned/harassed by board staff. There is no unified modding system anymore. And the BA can't seem to unify the staff behind any one system of moderation. Not to mention board staff asking for an API key 2 weeks after a hit occurered when the key has expired or your top 10 hit that you spent 200K DM and stayed up until 5 AM spamming lanx doesn't count. At point, we were told to stop complaining in the "bugs and complaints section"!

-P2W: I could respect when DM just gave you the advantage to instabuild defense so you could def ninja, or maybe speed up an astro or two, etc. But now this game is sooo P2W that every new server is dead to the hands of the fattest wallet. No amount of skill can defeat a visa card now. That alone kills the game.

Volunteer Staff and Loose Management: I hope QL doesn't see this as an attack on her, because I honestly believe she puts a crap ton of time and effort into this server and is very undervalued. That being said, so many GOs/MODs/SMODs/GAs are not on the same page. Several rules are vague and left to the interpretation of the assigned GO. There are times where an account can lose days of production because a GO is lazy and bans an innocent account. All the while an abviously botting or pushing acct is allowed to prosper because there "isn't enough proof". The lax management and the unwillingness to clarify rules has made it incredibly unfair and easy for cheaters to prosper. Not to mention some GOs are just clueless. Ie today my GO told myself and several others that a bug was fixed when it clearly was not.

This game was so much fun for so long. I have been staff, player, and enthusiast. I have paid money and recruited friends and family to play this game. I have made some incredible friendships playing this game. Yet it is dying if not already dead. I know the staff are just trying to do their jobs, but wake up and hear your community.

Prongs looking at you here man. Your community is pissed. We are unhappy with the direction of the game. We are unhappy with the boards. Do better.

Sincerely,

Shadyj09

bBvXPlH.jpg
    ~Thanks for the siggy Silverwind!~

• I definitely agree with the pay to win aspect. Sadly, you know as much as I do that no matter how much we complain about the game breaking bugs introduced since the newest game version, Prongs will not pull any focus away from developing new ways to make money, like the rewards system, or energy boosters, or killing the marketplace so we have to switch classes to make different ships. God forbid we fix the deploy R bug that has been in place for what, a year?

Reverse this garbage and go back to 6. Ever since being given a shoulder shrug over the deploy R bug in Uriel, I've lost a lot of hope for the game. Literally zero progress made in fixing it. When you introduce a new version and it breaks core late-game mechanics, it needs to be removed until you can figure out how to code.

I don't think board moderating has much to do with the game, though. I don't particularly care how the boards are run.

• I Agree with Bocas GOs/Mods can only do so much, they take all the heat from the players when they aren't at fault its GF. We do have to be patience with them as they are patience with us as well and understand that, i think the reason they bring them from other servers it's because here we lack of knowledge to apply for any of this positions And the ones who have the Knowledge lack of motivation due that they are bored of this game because of p2w and how this game has changed for them. ( I'm new so i only know this Ogame... ) And for p2w that's never going to get fixed in any case its going to keep on getting worse and worse with new item's coming soon based on DMs and all about money nothing we can't do about it.

Some admins agree with a lot of things that we don't like about the games such as new changes and stuff but they can only go as far as that is not like is going to change anything. I'm Sure if Prongs tells GF to reduce p2w and change most of the things players complaint about GF is going to end up firing him and getting a new CM XD lets not blame our admins and stop complaining so much, until today you didn't have the rewards, you sure can wait one more day until we get it fixed XD.

• If passing along the thoughts and complaints of his community gets prongs fired, at least he can walk out the door with his head held high having done his job of conveying his communities thoughts.

bBvXPlH.jpg

• If passing along the thoughts and complaints of his community gets prongs fired, at least he can walk out the door with his head held high having done his job of conveying his communities thoughts.

i'm not saying he don't inform GF about our complaints and concerns but i believe that's as far as he can go...I myself ran a GF private game as a GO/MOD with over 3K players at some point using forum and playing the game, its not an easy task so i do not envy their job XD.

There are so many assumptions wrong with this one sentence.

Prongs is not going to come to you and explain to you how he is advocating for this community.

The Gameforge decision makers are above Prongs.

He provides them input and the decision makers decide if they ignore it.

I can assure you, he does advocate for this community.

But you are pointing fingers at the wrong person.

The correct person to point fingers at is not even a member of this forum...

• you sure seem to reply a lot to my posts. Where is Prongs ? Why can't he speak for himself? Why can't he defend himself? Why can't he speak to how he is advocating for our community? Why should we ever support a silent CM who won't even voice how he is supporting our community? Thanks for proving one of my points of why this game is dying.

"Prongs is not going to come to you and explain to you how he is advocating for this community."

Exactly what is wrong with this game.

bBvXPlH.jpg

• you sure seem to reply a lot to my posts. Where is Prongs ? Why can't he speak for himself? Why can't he defend himself? Why can't he speak to how he is advocating for our community? Why should we ever support a silent CM who won't even voice how he is supporting our community? Thanks for proving one of my points of why this game is dying.

"Prongs is not going to come to you and explain to you how he is advocating for this community."

Exactly what is wrong with this game.

Frankly, you are the only one posting.

But like I said in the other thread, you clearly are not interested in facts.

You really aren't even interested in a real discussion.

You might be interested in a discussion with people who agree with you.

But you certainly are not interested in somebody who knows more than you do or has more facts.

So, like I said, complain away.

Just keep it within the rules.

Oh, and Prongs is probably in bed which is why he is not here.

And when you purchase Gameforge, I am sure he will happily report to you.

:smile2:

• Frankly, you are the only one posting.

You've literally harassed anyone else who posts off the boards. You are literally the one that came into the complaint thread to tell people not to complain. You chase people away and shut them down for using the boards to voice complaints, then have the nerve to come in here and say that there isn't enough support for a post. What a joke.

XOs7XMZ.png

• Be carefull

When i said truth, i've been warning.

Top 5 Tarazed/Indus/Betel [FR] - OFF
    Top 10 Rasalas/Atlas [FR] - ON

Top 10 Kalyke [US] - OFF

Top 60 Himalia [US] - ON/OFF

Founder of Team Origin on US servers (L3Fan, Kissy, YellowM..)

• You've literally harassed anyone else who posts off the boards. You are literally the one that came into the complaint thread to tell people not to complain. You chase people away and shut them down for using the boards to voice complaints, then have the nerve to come in here and say that there isn't enough support for a post. What a joke.

Again, so much wrong with this post it is difficult to even know where to start.

You want to blame me for the death of ogame.us?

That is cool.

I did not even know I had that much power.

I'll also have you notice:

Nobody has been warned in this thread.

All posts have been on topic and have followed the rules.

And yet, Shady has been able to voice his complaints.

As have you - misguided though they clearly are.

All I have said, continuously, is you guys are mad at the wrong people.

Again, as a former member of the volunteer team, you should know how this works.

Nobody is chasing you away.

Nobody is not saying you cannot complain.

I have said elsewhere I understand the community's frustration.

I too am a player.

So, I am not stopping anybody from posting here complaining about legitimate problems.

I did say Prongs is not going to come here and report to you what he is doing.

If that is what you are expecting, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

If you feel harassed by these facts, I apologize.

If you feel I am shutting you down with these facts, again, I apologize.

I am not trying to stifle the conversation, only state the truth.

• Be carefull

When i said truth, i've been warning.

There is a difference:

What is said versus how it is said and where it is said.

I'll give you some hints on how to avoid being warned in the future.

1. Be sure you are posting in the correct forum.
    2. Discuss the issue, not the person.
    3. Follow the rules - no cheating accusations, no trolling/flaming, etc.

It really is easy to avoid being warned.

• I have played this game off and on for ten years. I started back playing about a month ago. I’m on the game a lot

Because I’m retired. I noticed that here is a lot of cheating going on I’m being attacked and Spied with no warning. Very new guys with high levels of research from the started. I like this game but it’s hard to keep playing when there are so many people cheating. I play on the US serve kalyke.

• I really don't understand this mentality of "How dare you ask to speak to Prongs ! How dare you ask him to be more transparent! He doesn't report to you!"

No, he does not report to me. But he is our CM. He is our only voice to GF. He is the only one who can confirm that we aren't yelling our frustrations into the air to fall on deaf ears.

To say he is too busy/important to talk to us plebs is yet another failure of this board and GF customer service.

bBvXPlH.jpg

• He is the only one who can confirm that we aren't yelling our frustrations into the air to fall on deaf ears.

The ears are hearing your concerns. They are passed on to Prongs, and then passed on to Gameforge. Beyond that, the best I can tell you is to try to be patient. I know that's not a great answer, but it's the best one I can give you right now. Even the Community Managers can't always share details of things that are in the works with their communities, so often if nothing is said it's because nothing CAN be said at that time.

firma-2.jpg

~Thank you to my sig artist, fulmine0_1~

• Because players are dying... We are all old. Not new young players.

Why ?

Because they want all now.

They don't have the patience to play 2 years to lose everything because they are low bat 45min.

Why are we still here ? Because we are too old to learn to play a new game.

• I feel the difference between now and back in 2010 when I started playing was the friendships you make in ogame. The experiences as an alliance. There was more wars back then. More action and more teamwork.

People are lazier nowadays and once their fleet gets crashed they are completely done with this game. This personally don't see this as a full time game. I play World of Warcraft as a full time game. This game is a game I refresh the page here and there and between dungeon queues or waiting for raid. I realize some people make this their life and dedicate every waking moment to ogame which for that good on you for having the time. I'm a US Marine so I don't get that luxury. The true hardcore or even the ones who get on throughout the day.. a lot has changed from 10 years ago.. we work, have lives, we got married or had kids. We just don't have the time for ogame anymore, and not only that we get in trouble sometimes for making that time if you married guys know what I mean. ;)

At the end of the day, this is only a game. If you get your fleet crashed.. this is only a game. If you feel like hurting yourself because of a bad fleet crash.. take a deep breath and realize this is once again.... only a game.

No need to quit playing after a good ole fleet crash but to build again and try new ways to make your account even better.

I enjoy ogame, i've made a bunch of really great friends along the way too many to list honestly.. but at the end of the day once again.. its only a game. I don't plan on playing this forever just until it goes completely dead like it was before merge because that was ridiculous how dead it was.

Also sometimes I tend to ramble on.. sorry for this. lol

OORAH! Keep Motivating!

If you ever get back on the boards again Carandoom thank you for teaching me how to fleet like the big boys. I will always appreciate it.

Servers:

Solo (FUN) - Zibal Top 4 In Memory

Solo (FUN) - Yildun

Solo (FUN) - Leda

USMC - Semper Fi

"Fight with a happy heart." - General "Mad Dog" Mattis

:Ace25:

• The board isn’t something that is pushed to visit and participate until more so recently with the in-game notifications (which is a plus) and seeing what happened behind the scenes it was discussed and I can say Prongs is making an effort and bringing [ex-team] Maeve in to help boost activity was part of it.

The updates never bothered me that much and I luckily didn’t get hit with any noticeable bug except one that drives me absolutely crazy as I know it does to others and that’s the constant forced log out. If that was somehow corrected I would be very happy. Not fun logging in 4-5 times a day or more when really I shouldn’t have to log back in until the server reset.

Compared to .org this place is less stressful and an easier community to connect with. Adding more content in spam and discussion areas can help “up” the activity and staff participation in these discussions and even CR threads also improves relations.

Anyways that’s my 2 cents. :thumbup: