Moon Destruction – Forced Recall Time-back Attempting:

• Is this bug known to the development team of what happens to a fleet that is deploying from moon to moon and recalled when both or even only one of those moons are blown?

We now have multiple examples in different universes now of proven and documented with accurate time stamps of the game adding a random amount of time to the returning fleet. From 42 sec in one example to 1minute and 12seconds in another and several examples of 6 to 8 seconds. There is no consistency. This is a simple basic math equation. This is a simple basic function. (Pop moon, lanx, lock fleet, lanx until recall, timestamp – Do Math) So presently, using a skill hit to attempt to capture someone’s fleet with a moon blow, forced recall, blind lanx math the return is impossible. I repeat... the game that is based on math and flight times and accuracy, now on top of all the other changes with classes and balance issues, the fundamental framework of what makes it operate... DOES NOT WORK

Anyone outside our team experiencing similar issues? Lets discuss

Prongs  Queen Leo

• I have been personally involved with this bug 3 times now, with 2 different alliances in 2 different galaxies. Turtle in Aqua months and months ago, and with MCB twice in Himalia.

• I am not a member of the game team here (this time around) but this should help:

• Kikero was there any discussion posted on the forum or ticket submitted that gave any sort of feedback?

No, we assumed our calculations were incorrect and moved on.

We were only practising, and the attempts that followed were correct.

Looking back, however, both the sender and lanxer (me) agreed on the time it should have come back.

Regardless, there seem to be a lot of bugs surrounding deployment missions: Missing resources upon arrival; fleet not showing even though points remain the same; etc.

• This post is a little bit generic, and it covers a lot of possible issues.

[Bugfix] Deathstars calculate the fleet speed correctly with hyperspace drive level 12 and 24.

This was an issue (or at least it is supposed to be fixed as stated in the changelog) that could interfere making the appropriate math on a deploy-recall, but it's not related to moon destruction.

For that reason I said that this post is generic, without more info it's impossible to say if there are bugs related to MD itself.

• I was hoping for a little bit more supportive talk voldemort.

I don't think anything clockwork said was too generic, but I'll lay out each instance he references more specifically, even though I think that is overkill. I am only going to use the examples that I have personally calculated and witnessed.

1. EVEREST - Server Himalia
    EDIT *target appears to have had hyper 12*

Target did moon to moon deploy with a full fleet comp. (I.e. every ship type was present, but most importantly RIPS were present.) everytime we have seen this bug, rips are in the fleet comp.

1st. we blew the Destination moon. and saw the fleet on lanx, we had time, so we blew the origin moon. There was only 1 possible launch time. so origin time was known.

2nd we lanxed the recall with a degree of accuracy to 2 sec. Giving a maximum total degree of error on the landing of 4 sec.

3rd. the fleet arrived 42sec after the latest possible landing time that it could have landed. Meaning the lanx showed clear for 21 MORE SECONds than it would have had to in order for the fleet to arrive this late.

2. Calulus - Server Himalia

Target had hyper 15, not 12 or 24. you can dismiss queen leo's changlog quote yet again.
    Target did a moon to moon deploy with full fleet comp. rips were present.

1st. We blew the destination moon, and locked fleet. again we had the only possible origin time.

2nd. We did not blow the origin moon in this case. with how much alliance fire power calculus had, an actual time back of his fleet was going to be impossible, our only chance was that he slept in past deployment time. He did not. We reviewed a clear lanx screen at 41s left on his flight.

3rd. we probed his expected return landing time with several people. Getting reports every second. His fleet landed 8 seconds past the latest possible return time, based on a clear lanx screen. for those of you still following. That means the lanx screen showed clear with 41seconds left on his flight, but the game calculated that his fleet did not recall until 37seconds left on the flight. Unacceptable. And im going to repeat this. (even though its better than 42 seconds. 4 seconds of error from when we can see the recall to when the game records the recall, creating 8sec delay in landing is unacceptable. period.)

3. Kissy(Turtle in game name) - Server merged Yildun

Target had hyper 15, not 12 or 24....

Target did moon to moon deploy. rips were present.

THis is the one clock and I are banned for. we tried to save kissys fleet with populating the lanx with probes. I only mention this detail, so as not to be too GENERIC in my explanation of the facts surrounding the recall. The lanx spam proved to be unnecessary, (too bad we weren't in .org universes otherwise we had followed the rules just fine.) even with the fleets added to the lanx to make it harder to record the recall. Stryke got the accurate recall timer. Kissy and I went over his recall timer in real time before his fleet even landed. Later shady verified that they indeed did have the accurate recall timer to the exact second (grats guys thats hard to do.)

Here is the kicker. Kissy's fleet was showing on the return to come back 6 seconds later than the latest possible landing based on the recall timer. This seen from both the defender's perspective and the attackers perspective for me on this one really puts the nail in the coffin guys.

It's literally not up for debate anymore, something FUNDAMENTALLY has changed with the way the game calculates recalls and it has broken the game.

Having done hundreds of time backs, im going to leave you with this GENERIC editorial. I have never been early locking a target. Never. You always calculate off the latest possible recall you can see. the consequence is that it is possible to be late timing back a fleet. Maybe 3 sec late, maybe 7 sec late, but it is mathematically impossible to be early to locking a target if you calculate off an empty lanx, unless the game is bugged. Period. Mic drop. Stop saying stupid things about this issue after this. It's annoying and ignorant.

Edit by v0ldem0rt: You can't post ticket answers on the board ;-)

daKspu0.jpg

Made by DISASTER

Edited 6 times, last by Worldofpain: voldemort needed specifics. ().

• Worldofpain I'm sorry but I do not agree with what you wrote in the last post.

Posting the changelog I was direct referring to one of the cases you wrote. One of those player had hyper 12. You also know that I can't say anything related to the case on this board, because I have a DPA to respect.

I personally didn't remember a ticket about the other 2 cases, maybe I'm wrong, but without a ticket to check I'm kinda blind on it.

• Silverwind was handling the tickets on the Everest hit in Hima.

I also had this happen in Aqua long before the merge, back in April or so, we blew two moons, lanxed the fleet, got a very accurate recall time and missed by over a minute. Turtle can give you more details. IIRC the reply to our ticket was "we are looking into it" and then nothing.

Edit by v0ldem0rt: You can't post ticket answers on the board ;-)

• the other two instances havent been ticketed to my knowledge. you would have to ask Stryke if any of them bothered to ticket Turtle (kissy's fleet) as far as calculus goes, I didnt make a ticket either. my understanding is that the DEV TEAM KNOWS ABOUT THIS BUG AND IS WORKING ON IT. But apparently that is only in regards to hyper 12 and not the larger systemic issue that is prevalent in multiple examples across multiple universes.

the calculus and kissy issues are less than a week old. If you want to verify the recall timers vs the landing timers I am sure all powerful and all seeing folks have the ability to do so, and look at the math invovled. (I can offer no data on kissy now, as I am banned as is kissy, so it would be up to you guys to go grab those data points, as they will be lost by the time we can legally log in. DUH.)

But lets be clear. This post has a purpose. To collate all the examples of this happening across the multiple universes and servers of ogame. MCB does not think this is an isolated event happening in just the .us community. it is our belief that this is a consequence of some of the recent changes and we were looking for verification from the other communities. There has been too much silence on this issue and its time to get it resolved.

daKspu0.jpg

Made by DISASTER

Edited 2 times, last by Worldofpain ().

• I edited your posts since it's not allowed to post ticket answers on the board.

You posted that reply, and I was checking exactly that ticket before answering to this thread. That player had Hyper 12, that's it.

• This post is a little bit generic, and it covers a lot of possible issues.

This was an issue (or at least it is supposed to be fixed as stated in the changelog) that could interfere making the appropriate math on a deploy-recall, but it's not related to moon destruction.

For that reason I said that this post is generic, without more info it's impossible to say if there are bugs related to MD itself.

THIS post was very short-sighted and didn't need to be said lol. That's disappointing from a GA to say the least. Clearly then, the bug lies in the PROCESS not just a singular event. Don't discount or run down the post because you eliminate a fraction of the cause.

• Is this bug known to the development team of what happens to a fleet that is deploying from moon to moon and recalled when both or even only one of those moons are blown?

[ex-team] v0ldem0rt so based on your replies are we to infer that the Dev team is not aware that a bug still exists? Since the Queen Leo bugfix you quoted was 7 days after the specific instance that Worldofpain showed he submitted a support ticket for?

• Worldofpain I'm sorry for that, but as I have already told you before sometimes I have some difficulties to talk about names and situations since it's all covered by DPA.

My "being technical" as you stated in your post it's only related to that. I'm not allowed to share info about a player or about a gameplay, and I'm also not allowed to disclose knows bug, otherwise the players could use that info to take advantage against the other players.

I'm checking the other two cases, it could take a while.

Again, my point is the same I told before. We don't have any current open issues on MD, we have issues that could be affect the gameplay after MD (like the one I told before), but I will check it again later.

• I fully support you guys and this bug affected my friends, but lets be honest to each other. We all know that GF don't give a fuck about us and bugs they have. They just don't care, so lets use this bug to protect our fleet and laugh from those who were planning, took many hours for md's, spend even more time lanxing and calculated exact return time, but somehow didn't catch fleet :) . Also, as I can understand I can move from hyper 12 and this bug works on other levels as well? Thanks.

• I am going to try to do this calmly. Because it appears the board rules make discussing and fixing an issue with transparency basically impossible, but I am going to try.

What if we do this?

My team will volunteer to make moons, do deploy missions, blow those moons and record all relevant data on the recall times, landing times, research levels, fleet comps. We will provide that data from both the attacker and the defender perspectives. Basically we will ticket ourselves so that the information can be all seen transparently. I suppose that means I still can't discuss the specifics on the board but at least then you will have multiple reference points, in ticket form, from which to draw conclusions and hopefully to make the appropriate fix. [ex-team] v0ldem0rt

does this work?

daKspu0.jpg

Made by DISASTER